Downy Automatic Dosing Dispenser uploaded by April S.

BY DOWNY #9 in Starch

Start every wash with Downy! No more waiting for the rinse cycle. No more cleaning out your dispenser. With the Downy Ball, fabric softener is automatically released during the rinse cycle. All you have to do to enjoy the convenience of our Downy Ball is pour the Downy fabric softener of your choice up to the right fill line in your Downy bottle cap and pour into the ball, seal it, and drop it in at the start of the wash on top of your fabrics. Feel more at ease. ; see more...

• Has the lid ever come off and had it leak on your clothes? That's...3 Answers
  • Can it be used with an High Efficiency washer?4 Answers
  • How often do you have to replace it? I never used one of these. 4 Answers
Downy Automatic Dosing Dispenser
  • "However, after about 4 months of using the ball some of our clothing came out with streaks of fabric softener (ruining some clothing)." in 18 reviews
  • "We have an old school washer so its so much easier than standing around waiting to add softener. " in 5 reviews
Lori D.
Hoffman Est, IL
I love that Downy came out with these dispensing balls because not every machine has a dispenser. I've been using them for years and they have always worked well for me 😊 from doing laundry in a laundromat to a basement machine at an apartment to a personal machine. The line tells you how much to put in & you don't end up with a clump of softener on your shirt that never comes out cuz you didn't clean your dispenser well enough etc. Very well made and worth every penny!
Krist G.
Rome, GA
I like the Downy balls because my washer does not have a dispenser for fabric softener and I will always miss the rinse cycle on my own.  They let the fabric softener out at the right time, allowing me to use liquid softeners when I otherwise could not.  I'd recommend them to anyone that needs one.  They can be a bit tricky to fill, that's their only drawback.  It's not hard, just do it over the laundry in case a bit spills and that solves a lot of the messiness problem if it happens.
Jessi R.
Granby, MO
I like the concept of these guys, I just wish you didn't have to refill EVERY single time you used them, ya know? When you're a fur Momma to two crazy huskies, a full time college student, and work a full time job, the little things get annoying to spend a lot of time on. I feel like it's easier to just use the spot in the washer where you put fabric softener...
Pros: you don't have to clean the excess fabric softener from the washer every so often when you use a product like this.
Cassidy🌙🌸 M.
Stockton, CA
I’m really disappointed with this product. I’ve used it several times as directed and each time it has not properly dispensed the product and I end up having to re wash some of my clothes because they were covered in fabric softener.
Jeannette P.
Redondo Beach
I love things that make laundry a chord that can be completed without me having to be to involve in the process.
So, this product what it does is you put your fabric softener according to the size of your load and pull the little ring to close the container and put it in your watching machine and that is it.

Just don't forget to get your clothes out of the watching machine... you will no longer be smelling clean if you don't.
Marsha W.
Mabank
My favorite little laundry helper.  this is the best addition to help with laundry.  I have a very busy life and I use to forget all the time to add the fabric softener in the rinse cycle so I would have to start the rinse cycle again.  But not anymore, I just put my fabric softener in the downy ball and it knows just the right time to release it.  Problem solved .  Thanks Downy.
Jamie C.
Puxico, MO
When I moved the washer that came with the place didn't have a spot for the fabric softener. The downy ball has been a blessing because you never know when to add it yourself. I've used it for over 2 years now!
Erica P.
This is such a great invention! My washer machine does not have a compartment to pour fabric softener in and this solves all of my problems. It's super easy to use and all my clothes come out feeling great! All you have to do is pour a small amount of softener into the ball and throw it into the washer machine before you start the laundry. The ball takes care of the rest!
Megan V.
Ashland, KY
I bought one of these years ago and it was still working as of a month ago. I got a new washer and dryer so I don't have to use it anymore, but it worked great and made my clothes smell amazing!
Samantha W.
Atlanta, GA
I love my downy ball. Purchased at Walmart and was surprised that they still sold them. My washing machine doesn't have a fabric softener dispenser. I have found it works pretty well. Not as great as having an actual dispenser. I think it may be popping open too early and therefore the scent doesn't transfer as far.
Erica V.
Texarkana, TX
Have you ever forgotten that it was in a load and put it in the dryer with your clothes?
Mariana F.
Lowell, MA
How often do you have to replace it? I never used one of these.
Andrea R.
Does the lid ever get stuck on yours? Is it easy to fill?
Yuliet G.
Do these really work? I'm afraid to drop this in my washer...
Emily G.
Can it be used with an High Efficiency washer?