Downy Automatic Dosing Dispenser uploaded by April S.

BY DOWNY #7 in Starch

Start every wash with Downy! No more waiting for the rinse cycle. No more cleaning out your dispenser. With the Downy Ball, fabric softener is automatically released during the rinse cycle. All you have to do to enjoy the convenience of our Downy Ball is pour the Downy fabric softener of your choice up to the right fill line in your Downy bottle cap and pour into the ball, seal it, and drop it in at the start of the wash on top of your fabrics. Feel more at ease. ; see more...

• Has the lid ever come off and had it leak on your clothes? That's...3 Answers
  • Can it be used with an High Efficiency washer?4 Answers
  • How often do you have to replace it? I never used one of these. 4 Answers
Downy Automatic Dosing Dispenser
  • "However, after about 4 months of using the ball some of our clothing came out with streaks of fabric softener (ruining some clothing)." in 18 reviews
  • "We have an old school washer so its so much easier than standing around waiting to add softener. " in 5 reviews
Krist G.
Rome, GA
I like the Downy balls because my washer does not have a dispenser for fabric softener and I will always miss the rinse cycle on my own.  They let the fabric softener out at the right time, allowing me to use liquid softeners when I otherwise could not.  I'd recommend them to anyone that needs one.  They can be a bit tricky to fill, that's their only drawback.  It's not hard, just do it over the laundry in case a bit spills and that solves a lot of the messiness problem if it happens.
Jessi R.
Granby, MO
I like the concept of these guys, I just wish you didn't have to refill EVERY single time you used them, ya know? When you're a fur Momma to two crazy huskies, a full time college student, and work a full time job, the little things get annoying to spend a lot of time on. I feel like it's easier to just use the spot in the washer where you put fabric softener...
Pros: you don't have to clean the excess fabric softener from the washer every so often when you use a product like this.
Lori D.
Hoffman Est, IL
I love that Downy came out with these dispensing balls because not every machine has a dispenser. I've been using them for years and they have always worked well for me 😊 from doing laundry in a laundromat to a basement machine at an apartment to a personal machine. The line tells you how much to put in & you don't end up with a clump of softener on your shirt that never comes out cuz you didn't clean your dispenser well enough etc. Very well made and worth every penny!
Megan V.
Ashland, KY
I bought one of these years ago and it was still working as of a month ago. I got a new washer and dryer so I don't have to use it anymore, but it worked great and made my clothes smell amazing!
Amber E.
So glad this was invented! My washer doesn't have a spot for fabric softener, it was a hassel waiting for the second rinse cycle to have to open and put it in-most of the time I got busy doing something else and completely forgot! Makes laundry a little easier and I'll face any help I can get!
Cathy-Ann K.
I love the downy ball it just I’m it easy to use I just put my fabric softener in and I just let it go and my clothes come out smelling great it was really expensive I got it on Amazon and I ended up getting three of them which I really didn’t need but you never know if you need an extra one
Sydney S.
Downy is great! It's cheap and literally found anywhere. The downy automatic disposable ball is wonderful, it puts the laundry products in there for you without your help and allows you to do your laundry without having to take the xtra time.
Deanna D.
Electra, TX
I use this downy ball for all of my fabric softener. While I'm not a fan of their fabric softener, this fabric softener ball is pure genius. It's very affordable and lasts a while. I would buy again if my current one broke.
Sheila P.
The downey ball is easy to use and keeps your clothes soft and fresh smelling. Just fill it to the line and toss it in. Super easy to use and great results if used correctly. Love the fresh scent. Would recommend to anyone.
Cassidy🌙🌸 M.
Stockton, CA
I’m really disappointed with this product. I’ve used it several times as directed and each time it has not properly dispensed the product and I end up having to re wash some of my clothes because they were covered in fabric softener.
Erica V.
Texarkana, TX
Have you ever forgotten that it was in a load and put it in the dryer with your clothes?
Emily G.
Can it be used with an High Efficiency washer?
Yuliet G.
Do these really work? I'm afraid to drop this in my washer...
Andrea R.
Does the lid ever get stuck on yours? Is it easy to fill?
Mariana F.
Lowell, MA
How often do you have to replace it? I never used one of these.