Downy Automatic Dosing Dispenser uploaded by April S.

BY DOWNY #5 in Starch

Start every wash with Downy! No more waiting for the rinse cycle. No more cleaning out your dispenser. With the Downy Ball, fabric softener is automatically released during the rinse cycle. All you have to do to enjoy the convenience of our Downy Ball is pour the Downy fabric softener of your choice up to the right fill line in your Downy bottle cap and pour into the ball, seal it, and drop it in at the start of the wash on top of your fabrics. Feel more at ease. ; see more...

• Has the lid ever come off and had it leak on your clothes...3 Answers
  • Can it be used with an High Efficiency washer?4 Answers
  • How often do you have to replace it? I never used one of ...4 Answers
Buy on Amazon
  • "However, after about 4 months of using the ball some of our clothing came out with streaks of fabric softener (ruining some clothing)." in 18 reviews
  • "We have an old school washer so its so much easier than standing around waiting to add softener. " in 5 reviews
Krist G.
Rome, GA
I like the Downy balls because my washer does not have a dispenser for fabric softener and I will always miss the rinse cycle on my own.  They let the fabric softener out at the right time, allowing me to use liquid softeners when I otherwise could not.  I'd recommend them to anyone that needs one.  They can be a bit tricky to fill, that's their only drawback.  It's not hard, just do it over the laundry in case a bit spills and that solves a lot of the messiness problem if it happens.
Lori D.
Hoffman Est, IL
I love that Downy came out with these dispensing balls because not every machine has a dispenser. I've been using them for years and they have always worked well for me 😊 from doing laundry in a laundromat to a basement machine at an apartment to a personal machine. The line tells you how much to put in & you don't end up with a clump of softener on your shirt that never comes out cuz you didn't clean your dispenser well enough etc. Very well made and worth every penny!
Megan V.
Ashland, KY
I bought one of these years ago and it was still working as of a month ago. I got a new washer and dryer so I don't have to use it anymore, but it worked great and made my clothes smell amazing!
Sydney S.
Downy is great! It's cheap and literally found anywhere. The downy automatic disposable ball is wonderful, it puts the laundry products in there for you without your help and allows you to do your laundry without having to take the xtra time.
Cassidy🌙🌸 M.
Stockton, CA
I’m really disappointed with this product. I’ve used it several times as directed and each time it has not properly dispensed the product and I end up having to re wash some of my clothes because they were covered in fabric softener.
Kristie F.
Buffalo
Well worth the $3 spent. Even though my top loader machine has a fabric softener dispenser, I still opt for the Downy ball... Works every time and I don't need to clean the dispenser which is a project in itself!
Jamie C.
Puxico, MO
When I moved the washer that came with the place didn't have a spot for the fabric softener. The downy ball has been a blessing because you never know when to add it yourself. I've used it for over 2 years now!
Kristy M.
Walker, LA
These prevent having to figure out where to pour the fabric softener. Just put the liquid softener in the ball, toss it in the washer with the detergent and clothes, shut the lid and let it do the work !!
Jeannie E.
I love this product I am all about great products for home care and this one surprised me! It's definitely worth a try if you have not yet done so! The pricing is great as well! I would buy this again!
Stephanie Q.
Whoever invited this is a genius. I always forget to put in fabric softener when the rinse cycle starts but now I don’t have to worry about that and can throw a load in and continue my day!
Erica V.
Texarkana, TX
Have you ever forgotten that it was in a load and put it in the dryer with your clothes?
Emily G.
Can it be used with an High Efficiency washer?
Yuliet G.
Do these really work? I'm afraid to drop this in my washer...
Andrea R.
Rockford, IL
Does the lid ever get stuck on yours? Is it easy to fill?
Mariana F.
Lowell, MA
How often do you have to replace it? I never used one of these.