Downton Abbey  uploaded by Amber D.

BY DOWNTON ABBEY #62 in TV

• I have a theory about Edith and if you rewatch the last season, y...11 Answers
  • What itis this show about1 Answers
  • Is it any good? Is it interesting or entertaining? I think I will...6 Answers
Downton Abbey
  • "i LOVE this show, my mom got me into it second season, watched the entire show so far with her and am now looking forward to the new season" in 9 reviews
  • "I only started watching this show a few months ago but was so hooked that I streamed all the old episodes and caught up completely to the current season. " in 9 reviews
  • "Seems to be trying to stay true to the time period as much as possible as seen in some twist and turns in the show." in 8 reviews
  • "I freaking love that show it is so wonderful i love the story line Maggie smith is my fave actress she is amazing the time that she has put in to this is wonderful i love it love it love it " in 8 reviews
  • "This one is filled with amazing characters and story lines that will make you laugh and cry and wonder what on earth is going to happen in the next season!!!" in 7 reviews
Maggie R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Nothing bad to say whatsoever. I watched all 6 seasons of Downton Abbey on PBS and bought all 6 seasons on DVD. Unlike any TV series, except for maybe Upstairs, Downstairs.  Maggie Smith is an amazingly good actor, as is the rest of the cast. I also love Phyllis Logan and Penelope Wilton. Period drama is my favorite genera. I recommend this show to everyone.   Downton Abbey
Gabrielle H.
Highland Park, MI
I watched the entire series and it’s wonderful. I love the cast and the time period in which it’s set. The writer Julian fellows is pure genius. I would’ve loved this as a book series or movie saga. It’s popularity is worldwide.
Neha B.
Alameda, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I live for dramas and boy is downtown abbey full of it. The characters are great and the Snide remarks are to live for hahaha. I come home from work, make some tea and indulge in fictional drama
Emily W.
Atlanta, GA
Can we start a petition to ask Netflix to bring this back? I was 2 seasons in when they took it down and it was so hard to find anywhere else. Anyone that is even remotely into dramas or history should enjoy this show. The characters are relatable in ways you would never imagine and the stories are just so engrossing.
Lucy G.
Saint Louis, MO
My mom is British and we are absolutely obsessed with the show. I absolutely love all the plot twists all the acting all the characters the characters truly do change throughout the series. It just makes my heart so happy and I would recommend it to everyone.
Michaela C.
I'm currently re-watching Downton Abbey for I think the 3rd time.  The characters and their environment are captivating, and the show overall is somehow soothing.  Anyone who is a fan of historical fiction will enjoy this TV show - curl up with a cup of hot tea and get started!
Linsey A.
I can not even believe everyone in my house got so into this show. I mean everyone. From my husband to teenagers, we all watch this show together and man is it is a wild ride. I love the fashion in it, they are always dressed so finely and I definitely binge watched this show.
Sam C.
Thank you Amazon Prime for streaming all six seasons! I can watch this over and over again. Every detail is done with excellence, from the acting to the costumes and historical accuracies. A classic that will stand the test of time.
Julie P.
Shawnee, OK
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I jumped on the "Downton Abbey" train much later than many others. I had heard so much talk about it that I tried to stay away. I couldn't understand why:
1. A show on PBS was causing such a stir.
2. Why the series only had a dozen episodes per season.
3. Why people went crazy over the time period and the trivial things these characters did.

Then, Hulu Plus entered my life. I was bored out of mind and stumbled upon the show. I thought, well if I'm going to judge it I better watch it. I wanted to be able to tell people why I thought this show would be terrible. So I watched and episode, then two, then four, then the entire 1st season, and then the entire 2nd season (all within a week). What makes it so addicting? I don't know! You for some reason care about the characters, you want to know the trivial things that are going on in their life, and you want to hear Maggie Smith's character give some amazing one liners.

Plus, I love that PBS is giving us some great serial shows. Definitely give it a shot.
Misa Origami Lad y.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This show is amazing. If you love period dramas, historical dramas etc, I feel that you will find this show is fascinating.
The sets are awe inspiring, the cast is excellent and it is truly amazing the attention to detail that was involved in the making of this show. I am very sad that the series has reached its conclusion as I clearly loved this show. I think the only negative about the show is that each season had quite a bit of a downer (pun unintended). I will not give anything away, but if you watch the show you will know what I mean. WATCH IT!
Marisa T.
Medford, OR
Favorite and or least character?
Lisa S.
Rochester, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Who is your favorite DOwnton Abbey Character? I Love Lady Granthum!
Helene H.
What is your favorite quote from the Dowager countess, aka maggie Smith?
Kayla C.
Nicholasville, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I've never seen this show before, but I've heard good things. Does anyone know if this is on Netflix?
Marlee W.
Booneville, MS
Am I the only one still grieving Cousin Matthew?