Top Questions See all 205 Q&A
- "i LOVE this show, my mom got me into it second season, watched the entire show so far with her and am now looking forward to the new season" in 9 reviews
- "I only started watching this show a few months ago but was so hooked that I streamed all the old episodes and caught up completely to the current season. " in 9 reviews
- "Seems to be trying to stay true to the time period as much as possible as seen in some twist and turns in the show." in 8 reviews
- "I freaking love that show it is so wonderful i love the story line Maggie smith is my fave actress she is amazing the time that she has put in to this is wonderful i love it love it love it " in 8 reviews
- "This one is filled with amazing characters and story lines that will make you laugh and cry and wonder what on earth is going to happen in the next season!!!" in 7 reviews
1. A show on PBS was causing such a stir.
2. Why the series only had a dozen episodes per season.
3. Why people went crazy over the time period and the trivial things these characters did.
Then, Hulu Plus entered my life. I was bored out of mind and stumbled upon the show. I thought, well if I'm going to judge it I better watch it. I wanted to be able to tell people why I thought this show would be terrible. So I watched and episode, then two, then four, then the entire 1st season, and then the entire 2nd season (all within a week). What makes it so addicting? I don't know! You for some reason care about the characters, you want to know the trivial things that are going on in their life, and you want to hear Maggie Smith's character give some amazing one liners.
Plus, I love that PBS is giving us some great serial shows. Definitely give it a shot.
The sets are awe inspiring, the cast is excellent and it is truly amazing the attention to detail that was involved in the making of this show. I am very sad that the series has reached its conclusion as I clearly loved this show. I think the only negative about the show is that each season had quite a bit of a downer (pun unintended). I will not give anything away, but if you watch the show you will know what I mean. WATCH IT!
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos