Downton Abbey  uploaded by Amber D.

BY DOWNTON ABBEY #70 in TV

• I have a theory about Edith and if you rewatch the last s...11 Answers
  • What itis this show about1 Answers
  • Is it any good? Is it interesting or entertaining? I thin...6 Answers
Downton Abbey
  • "i LOVE this show, my mom got me into it second season, watched the entire show so far with her and am now looking forward to the new season" in 9 reviews
  • "I only started watching this show a few months ago but was so hooked that I streamed all the old episodes and caught up completely to the current season. " in 9 reviews
  • "I freaking love that show it is so wonderful i love the story line Maggie smith is my fave actress she is amazing the time that she has put in to this is wonderful i love it love it love it " in 8 reviews
  • "Seems to be trying to stay true to the time period as much as possible as seen in some twist and turns in the show." in 8 reviews
  • "This one is filled with amazing characters and story lines that will make you laugh and cry and wonder what on earth is going to happen in the next season!!!" in 7 reviews
Elizabeth B.
Albuquerque
In the past year I have watched this show 3 times! I love it! My husband knows when I have been watching it though as he states that my accent becomes extra British! The actors in this show are amazing and I love the script, I think it's spot on for the British ways. I love the way the upstairs and downstairs characters intermix with each other and it always makes me giggle when the downstairs staff are afraid of electricity and any new modern invention. I really get involved with all of the Characters and I feel Barrow was superbly done...do I love him, do I hate him...he's just an excellent character and well acted.
All I know is that each time I finish the show I get sad about it. I begin to miss the characters and miss their lives and I already can't wait to watch it again!
Maggie R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Nothing bad to say whatsoever. I watched all 6 seasons of Downton Abbey on PBS and bought all 6 seasons on DVD. Unlike any TV series, except for maybe Upstairs, Downstairs.  Maggie Smith is an amazingly good actor, as is the rest of the cast. I also love Phyllis Logan and Penelope Wilton. Period drama is my favorite genera. I recommend this show to everyone.   Downton Abbey
Gabrielle H.
Highland Park, MI
I watched the entire series and it’s wonderful. I love the cast and the time period in which it’s set. The writer Julian fellows is pure genius. I would’ve loved this as a book series or movie saga. It’s popularity is worldwide.
Emily W.
Atlanta, GA
Can we start a petition to ask Netflix to bring this back? I was 2 seasons in when they took it down and it was so hard to find anywhere else. Anyone that is even remotely into dramas or history should enjoy this show. The characters are relatable in ways you would never imagine and the stories are just so engrossing.
Lucy G.
Saint Louis, MO
My mom is British and we are absolutely obsessed with the show. I absolutely love all the plot twists all the acting all the characters the characters truly do change throughout the series. It just makes my heart so happy and I would recommend it to everyone.
Linsey A.
Helena, MT
I can not even believe everyone in my house got so into this show. I mean everyone. From my husband to teenagers, we all watch this show together and man is it is a wild ride. I love the fashion in it, they are always dressed so finely and I definitely binge watched this show.
Neha B.
alameda, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I live for dramas and boy is downtown abbey full of it. The characters are great and the Snide remarks are to live for hahaha. I come home from work, make some tea and indulge in fictional drama
Julie P.
Shawnee, OK
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I jumped on the "Downton Abbey" train much later than many others. I had heard so much talk about it that I tried to stay away. I couldn't understand why:
1. A show on PBS was causing such a stir.
2. Why the series only had a dozen episodes per season.
3. Why people went crazy over the time period and the trivial things these characters did.

Then, Hulu Plus entered my life. I was bored out of mind and stumbled upon the show. I thought, well if I'm going to judge it I better watch it. I wanted to be able to tell people why I thought this show would be terrible. So I watched and episode, then two, then four, then the entire 1st season, and then the entire 2nd season (all within a week). What makes it so addicting? I don't know! You for some reason care about the characters, you want to know the trivial things that are going on in their life, and you want to hear Maggie Smith's character give some amazing one liners.

Plus, I love that PBS is giving us some great serial shows. Definitely give it a shot.
Misa Origami Lad y.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This show is amazing. If you love period dramas, historical dramas etc, I feel that you will find this show is fascinating.
The sets are awe inspiring, the cast is excellent and it is truly amazing the attention to detail that was involved in the making of this show. I am very sad that the series has reached its conclusion as I clearly loved this show. I think the only negative about the show is that each season had quite a bit of a downer (pun unintended). I will not give anything away, but if you watch the show you will know what I mean. WATCH IT!
Meredith M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Another one of my favorites! Downton is a very, very well done show. But, of course! It's BBC! The characterization is awesome! You really get connected to all of the characters. Definitely worth watching from the beginning. But note that Season 5 was my least favorite. It dragged on and was aching for a plot...BUT Season 6 made up for it and I thought it ended the show perfectly. Don't get all worked up about characters dying off....it's definitely worth the watch. You learn a lot about the culture, about people, and about the world.
Marisa T.
Medford, OR
Favorite and or least character?
Lisa S.
Rochester, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Who is your favorite DOwnton Abbey Character? I Love Lady Granthum!
Helene H.
What is your favorite quote from the Dowager countess, aka maggie Smith?
Kayla C.
Nicholasville, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I've never seen this show before, but I've heard good things. Does anyone know if this is on Netflix?
Marlee W.
Booneville, MS
Am I the only one still grieving Cousin Matthew?