A C.
A C.
Spokane, WA

Is it good for dark hair?
Linda  N.
Linda N.
Jan. 29, 2017, 3:23 a.m.
Yes! definitely. Just make sure not to use it too close to the hair or too much because it will be a little visible.
Cc C.
Cc C.
Jan. 26, 2017, 4:23 p.m.
Perfect.love this product
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Jan. 22, 2017, 8:12 p.m.
I have pretty dark hair and I felt like it blended really well.
Desiree T.
Desiree T.
Jan. 9, 2017, 6:47 p.m.
I have really dark hair and it works great! No white flakes or residue left over.
Autumn S.
Autumn S.
Jan. 6, 2017, 9:33 a.m.
I have dark hair, almost black, and I never have any problems with it leaves flakes or residue. Just massage into your scalp, if you want even more volume, hit it quickly with the blowdryer. You only need to use a tiny bit also!
Kalyn S.
Kalyn S.
Dec. 11, 2016, 1:44 p.m.
I do not recommend this product. Especially is you have dark hair. Try the Batiste brand. They make all different scents and they even make a dry shampoo specifically for dark hair!
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Dec. 7, 2016, midnight
I have dark brown hair and i have no problems with this product at all
Troyneisha J.
Troyneisha J.
Dec. 5, 2016, 7:12 p.m.
I'm hoping you mean hair color by this, but yes. Hair coloring disent matter.
Corrie S.
Corrie S.
Dec. 5, 2016, 6:30 p.m.
It doesn't leave any powder so it's great for dark hair.
Shamika J.
Shamika J.
Dec. 4, 2016, 9:51 a.m.
Yes i have dark hair and it works lovely
kelsey L.
kelsey L.
Dec. 3, 2016, 11:29 p.m.
yess
iyonna h.
iyonna h.
Dec. 3, 2016, 8:27 p.m.
yes! my bestfriend loves it
Corina G.
Corina G.
Dec. 2, 2016, 4 p.m.
SI POR SUEPUESTO, YO LO USO ES ME LO DEJA LIMPIO
Courtney L.
Courtney L.
Dec. 2, 2016, 3:13 p.m.
Yes! I am a blondie and absolutely love it but gave an extra bottle to my sister (who has dark hair) and she said it works perfect for her hair! Great product for any hair color!
Sophia A.
Sophia A.
Dec. 1, 2016, 9:50 p.m.
yes! love it
Tanzina I.
Tanzina I.
Dec. 1, 2016, 6:53 p.m.
I have used this product and i love it. I have dark black hair and i have no prb whatsoever and great thing is it leaves amazing scent on your hair ☺️
Aureilia G.
Aureilia G.
Nov. 26, 2016, 5:35 a.m.
Yes it works great for dark hair and leaves your hair smelling good
maria u.
maria u.
Nov. 19, 2016, 5:57 p.m.
is the best!!
Nicole S.
Nicole S.
Nov. 18, 2016, 12:05 a.m.
Yes ! I have dark hair and I'm always paranoid that there will be residue I can't see, but I just spray it in and then brush through my hair and you can't tell!
Jobel B.
Jobel B.
Oct. 3, 2016, 11:57 p.m.
Yes, its work for any type of hair
Isabela R.
Isabela R.
Sept. 24, 2016, 12:09 a.m.
No problem for dark hair! My hair is dark and I use!
Kristen H.
Kristen H.
Sept. 1, 2016, 3:47 a.m.
Yes! No residue left behind
Kayla G.
Kayla G.
Aug. 25, 2016, 6:22 p.m.
Yes, but it does leave a white cast so make sure to blend it in pretty well. I have dark blonde hair and it still leaves that cast.
Heniffer A.
Heniffer A.
Aug. 17, 2016, 10:51 p.m.
It's great I have black hair it's keep it smooth And soft also it give it that glossy look. Irs works great i love it
Amy O.
Amy O.
June 30, 2016, 10:31 a.m.
It is great for dark hair! My hair is darker brown, and it is white for only a few seconds. Brushing through really helps.
Lilliam A.
Lilliam A.
June 29, 2016, 6:07 p.m.
It works great for all hair colors. I have dark brown hair and I use it.
lauren h.
lauren h.
June 29, 2016, 11:53 a.m.
I have really dark brown hair and I've never had any problems with residue. Just remember to hold the can about six inches from the desired location and spray quickly. I also always run my fingers through my hair from the top to the bottom to help spread it.
Carrie G.
Carrie G.
June 28, 2016, 3:46 p.m.
I use this on my dark curly hair and I do find that if I don't really rub it in, then it leaves a white residue on my hair...sort of making it look grey
Nataliya D.
Nataliya D.
June 28, 2016, 10:42 a.m.
I have dark brown hair and love this. Yes, you will see white residue while it's soaking in and you do have to brush it out, but this stuff is no joke. You can get away with " is this day 4? you will never know" hair using this stuff. Love it
Equan S.
Equan S.
June 22, 2016, 11:17 p.m.
Never had a problem with the shampoo even use it on my extensions. Smells great and no residue
jennifer g.
jennifer g.
June 22, 2016, 10:11 p.m.
I have dark hair and I love this! It smells amazing and if you rub enough it does not leave residue on your hair. I catch myself also getting whiffs of the amazing smell throughout the day lol I love this product
Tamara P.
Tamara P.
June 22, 2016, 12:39 a.m.
I have never had a build up on my scalp with this. It amazing.
Carrie H.
Carrie H.
June 21, 2016, 8:05 p.m.
I have dark hair and I love this product! It's my go to. Just make sure you're not spraying it right at the root, keep it a few inches away.
Amy W.
Amy W.
June 21, 2016, 4:37 p.m.
I have super dark hair and have never noticed a residue. Definitely glad I went with this brand! Others have left chalky white powder in my hair that takes FOREVER to get out, which totally defeats the purpose.
Kristen J.
Kristen J.
June 21, 2016, 2:37 p.m.
I have dark hair and I love this stuff! I apply to roots, let sit for a few minutes and brush it out really well! No residue or white flakes I've seen with other brands.
Rebekah W.
Rebekah W.
June 16, 2016, 10:57 p.m.
I love this dry shampoo and I have really dark hair! It brushes out easy and it doesn't leave a weird smell like some other dry shampoos I have tried. I don't think residue has as much to do with hair color as texture.....
kaylyn f.
kaylyn f.
June 13, 2016, 7:02 p.m.
It works fine on dark hair! Just make you brush it well.
Shaye F.
Shaye F.
June 12, 2016, 11:33 a.m.
I used it with my hair a deep brown colour at the time and had no problems with residue. You just have to either comb or brush it through very well or, like I did, use your fingers to "shake" out the residue or to comb out the residue with your fingers. No residue left and works really well. I recommend this product. I use it after the beach too to keep that beach-wave with my hair but not have greasy roots from running around in the sun all day.
Paulina V.
Paulina V.
June 10, 2016, 9:19 a.m.
This is not really good for dark hair but you can brush it out and it should work fine it really makes your hair feel clean and light so i think the benefits outweigh the bad
Maeline Y.
Maeline Y.
June 9, 2016, 5:30 p.m.
This is absolutely great for dark hair because it does not leave a residue.
Kimberly M.
Kimberly M.
May 23, 2013, 12:29 p.m.
It comes out white, but if you rub it in it blends with your hair!
Isabella C.
Isabella C.
May 18, 2013, 4:16 p.m.
Yes! you just have to whish your hair in the air for a while and mix it in
Mariam G.
Mariam G.
May 15, 2013, 7:24 p.m.
I don't think it matters
Brooke N.
Brooke N.
May 14, 2013, 4:28 a.m.
I would not recommend this product if you have darker hair. It leaves the most visible white powder residue of any dry shampoo I've ever used. You have to find that fine balance between just enough and not too much--and that line is very, very fine. It is very difficult to rub in if you do spray too much. I would recommend Treseme Dry Shampoo if you have darker hair--it may leave a residue, but it is very easily blended. And, I feel the results (soaking up my oily hair) are far superior to that of Dove.
Molly B.
Molly B.
April 23, 2013, 4:12 p.m.
Yes, I have darker brown hair and use it all the time. Make sure you rub it in well as it could leave a white residue.
Nikki H.
Nikki H.
April 21, 2013, 10:29 a.m.
Yvette D.
Yvette D.
April 9, 2013, 12:38 p.m.
Yes it good for every type of color. i have black hair and i use this. you will see some white stuff but just give it a second and it will be translucent to your hair color.
Fatima N.
Fatima N.
April 6, 2013, 1:02 p.m.
I have dark hair and i always use this product between showers or if i want to give my hair some volume. when you spray it in you just want to make sure that you rub it in very well so it doesn't leave any white streaks.
Samantha S.
Samantha S.
March 25, 2013, 8:20 a.m.
I have dark hair and use this product. Sometimes I notice a bit of a white cast when I leave my hair curly since I cannot brush it out, but it is usually pretty easy to get out. This is a good product.
Teresa C.
Teresa C.
March 16, 2013, 12:06 p.m.
My hair is very dark brown, almost black and it worked well for me. It might take a little extra brushing to make sure it doesn't cast a dull shadow on your hair, but it's possible. I find that the batiste dry shampoo for brunettes is a bit easier to manage with dark hair! so maybe give that one a try!
Nicole C.
Nicole C.
March 7, 2013, 2:11 p.m.
Just don's spray too close, or it makes your hair white & a little gunky!
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
Feb. 24, 2013, 10:59 a.m.
I dye my hair brown and have had NO issues with my hair having a white residue from it. I think people are spraying too close to their hair and it leaves the white streaks. Make sure you hold it a good length from your hair and rub it in thoroughly.
Heather G.
Heather G.
Feb. 20, 2013, 9:58 p.m.
Absolutely, my hair is dark right now, but I change it back and firth to blonde and I use it on both and there is no residue so you will not see it on dark hair.
Arhantza S.
Arhantza S.
Feb. 8, 2013, 7:55 p.m.
My hair is dark on the roots and as long as i don't spray one spot for too long I've never had a problem with it .
Angel M.
Angel M.
Jan. 23, 2013, 11:59 a.m.
I have dark brown hair and i have had no problems with it!!! soo YES
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Jan. 14, 2013, 6:30 a.m.
Yep, it's good for all colors. If you notice that you have white spots from the dry shampoo, just rub it in and you'll be back to normal!
Erica C.
Erica C.
Jan. 12, 2013, 8:17 a.m.
Rachel B.
Rachel B.
Jan. 8, 2013, 2:44 p.m.
I have brown hair and I have no problem with it. Just comb through your hair and then rub it in
Lindsey C.
Lindsey C.
Jan. 5, 2013, 9:54 a.m.
I have really dark, almost black hair and I use it every other day. I love it but don't hold it too close to your scalp or you might see residue
Brittany S.
Brittany S.
Jan. 2, 2013, 7:58 a.m.
Yes, just make sure you spray 8.to 10 inches away and really rub it in.
Tiffany L.
Tiffany L.
Dec. 31, 2012, 4 p.m.
Yes, it works well if you don't spray too much. It leaves a white residue, but just rub it in and it should work fine.
megan s.
megan s.
Dec. 29, 2012, 8:54 p.m.
Yes i have dark brown works good :)
Theresa R.
Theresa R.
Dec. 26, 2012, 10:31 a.m.
Noelia M.
Noelia M.
Dec. 24, 2012, 7:39 p.m.
Alyssa M.
Alyssa M.
Dec. 22, 2012, 3:57 a.m.
I used it on my really dark hair and it still left some packages of white on my hair even when I tried to rub it through. It might have just been my hair though since all the other comments say it is ok for dark hair.
Kristen S.
Kristen S.
Dec. 17, 2012, 3:41 p.m.
Yes you can use it on dark hair; just be sure not to spray too much otherwise it will show a white residue. If this occurs you can brush it out and rub it into your roots but i find this to be difficult
Mariela M.
Mariela M.
Dec. 12, 2012, 6:33 p.m.
Yes! just make sure that you rub it into your hair. The best way to do it is to run your fingers through where ever you sprayed it on. It comes out white, like powder, but when you rub it in it will go away.
Sandy N.
Sandy N.
Dec. 12, 2012, 1:42 p.m.
Yes but just make sure to brush it all out or it will look like you have a ton of gray hair. Use your hand with a little water when smoothing out.
Audrey L.
Audrey L.
Dec. 10, 2012, 12:42 p.m.
It might appear white at first but just rub it in or comb it out with a brush.
Alicia H.
Alicia H.
Dec. 8, 2012, 3:07 p.m.
Yes but don't apply to much , from personal experience you don't want your hair too greesy or the appearence of dandruff like stuff on your black hair.
Elinor M.
Elinor M.
Dec. 8, 2012, 7:02 a.m.
My hair is basically black and I never have a problem with it.
Adrianne h.
Adrianne h.
Dec. 6, 2012, 11:35 p.m.
I use it on my sons hair and it is dark brown. If you might see it turn white in places right after you spray it if you spray to much or to close, just rub it in or brush the hair and it goes away.
Amina B.
Amina B.
Dec. 6, 2012, 4:37 p.m.
It didn't work very well for my dark hair, even when I combed it through. Left hair dull.
Kelsie R.
Kelsie R.
Dec. 5, 2012, 5:27 p.m.
It is good for all hair colors, however you do have to work it in you're hair so you do not get that grey hair look.
Jasmine A.
Jasmine A.
Dec. 4, 2012, 3:55 p.m.
If used sparingly, it can come across very light. must rub and brush it out well
Laramie P.
Laramie P.
Dec. 3, 2012, 4:51 p.m.
Yes, just hold the can and spray it a few inches away from your hair and rub it in well and brush it.
Sarah F.
Sarah F.
Dec. 3, 2012, 7:04 a.m.
It's good for all hair colors, but if yours is darker, you may have to rub it in just a little so it doesn't show.
Monique M.
Monique M.
Dec. 2, 2012, 6:41 p.m.
Sammy C.
Sammy C.
Dec. 1, 2012, 3:24 a.m.
Yes. It will most likley turn white but don't worry just rub it in or brush it out
Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.
Nov. 30, 2012, 7:50 a.m.
Yes. sometimes you will see your hair turn white. all you do is rub it in.

Join Now