A C.
A C.
Spokane, WA
Is it good for dark hair?
Geneva C.
Geneva C.
Temecula, CA
3 months ago
Yeah this works
Laci T.
Laci T.
4 months, 1 week ago
no it is not good for dark hair... i wrote a review about it
Linda  N.
Linda N.
Fountain Vly, CA
7 months, 3 weeks ago
Yes! definitely. Just make sure not to use it too close to the hair or too much because it will be a little visible.
Cc C.
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Dayton , Tennessee
8 months ago
I have pretty dark hair and I felt like it blended really well.
Desiree T.
Desiree T.
Asheboro, NC
8 months, 1 week ago
I have really dark hair and it works great! No white flakes or residue left over.
Autumn S.
Autumn S.
Dayton, OH
8 months, 2 weeks ago
I have dark hair, almost black, and I never have any problems with it leaves flakes or residue. Just massage into your scalp, if you want even more volume, hit it quickly with the blowdryer. You only need to use a tiny bit also!
Kalyn S.
Kalyn S.
9 months, 1 week ago
I do not recommend this product. Especially is you have dark hair. Try the Batiste brand. They make all different scents and they even make a dry shampoo specifically for dark hair!
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Springboro, OH
9 months, 2 weeks ago
I have dark brown hair and i have no problems with this product at all
Troyneisha J.
Troyneisha J.
Baton Rouge, LA
9 months, 2 weeks ago
I'm hoping you mean hair color by this, but yes. Hair coloring disent matter.
Corrie S.
Corrie S.
Sherwood Park, AB
9 months, 2 weeks ago
It doesn't leave any powder so it's great for dark hair.
Shamika J.
Shamika J.
Detroit, MI
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Yes i have dark hair and it works lovely
kelsey L.
kelsey L.
yess
iyonna h.
iyonna h.
9 months, 2 weeks ago
yes! my bestfriend loves it
Corina G.
Corina G.
SI POR SUEPUESTO, YO LO USO ES ME LO DEJA LIMPIO
Courtney L.
Courtney L.
Mankato, MN
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Yes! I am a blondie and absolutely love it but gave an extra bottle to my sister (who has dark hair) and she said it works perfect for her hair! Great product for any hair color!
Sophia A.
Sophia A.
yes! love it
Tanzina I.
Tanzina I.
Melbourne
9 months, 3 weeks ago
I have used this product and i love it. I have dark black hair and i have no prb whatsoever and great thing is it leaves amazing scent on your hair ☺️
Aureilia G.
Aureilia G.
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Yes it works great for dark hair and leaves your hair smelling good
maria u.
Nicole S.
Nicole S.
Lakeside, CA
10 months ago
Yes ! I have dark hair and I'm always paranoid that there will be residue I can't see, but I just spray it in and then brush through my hair and you can't tell!
Jobel B.
Jobel B.
Caracas, Venezuela
11 months, 2 weeks ago
Yes, its work for any type of hair
Isabela R.
Isabela R.
South Jordan, UT
12 months ago
No problem for dark hair! My hair is dark and I use!
Kristen H.
Kayla G.
Kayla G.
Rexburg, ID
1 year ago
Yes, but it does leave a white cast so make sure to blend it in pretty well. I have dark blonde hair and it still leaves that cast.
Heniffer A.
Heniffer A.
Kansas City, KS
1 year, 1 month ago
It's great I have black hair it's keep it smooth And soft also it give it that glossy look. Irs works great i love it
Amy O.
Amy O.
1 year, 2 months ago
It is great for dark hair! My hair is darker brown, and it is white for only a few seconds. Brushing through really helps.
Lilliam A.
Lilliam A.
Cranston, RI
1 year, 2 months ago
It works great for all hair colors. I have dark brown hair and I use it.
lauren h.
lauren h.
Sunset, LA
1 year, 2 months ago
I have really dark brown hair and I've never had any problems with residue. Just remember to hold the can about six inches from the desired location and spray quickly. I also always run my fingers through my hair from the top to the bottom to help spread it.
Carrie G.
Carrie G.
Lititz, PA
1 year, 2 months ago
I use this on my dark curly hair and I do find that if I don't really rub it in, then it leaves a white residue on my hair...sort of making it look grey
Nataliya D.
Nataliya D.
Grimes, IA
1 year, 2 months ago
I have dark brown hair and love this. Yes, you will see white residue while it's soaking in and you do have to brush it out, but this stuff is no joke. You can get away with " is this day 4? you will never know" hair using this stuff. Love it
Equan S.
Equan S.
1 year, 2 months ago
Never had a problem with the shampoo even use it on my extensions. Smells great and no residue
jennifer g.
jennifer g.
Pico Rivera, CA
1 year, 2 months ago
I have dark hair and I love this! It smells amazing and if you rub enough it does not leave residue on your hair. I catch myself also getting whiffs of the amazing smell throughout the day lol I love this product
Tamara P.
Tamara P.
1 year, 2 months ago
I have never had a build up on my scalp with this. It amazing.
Carrie H.
Carrie H.
Marshall, MI
1 year, 2 months ago
I have dark hair and I love this product! It's my go to. Just make sure you're not spraying it right at the root, keep it a few inches away.
Amy W.
Amy W.
Henrico, VA
1 year, 2 months ago
I have super dark hair and have never noticed a residue. Definitely glad I went with this brand! Others have left chalky white powder in my hair that takes FOREVER to get out, which totally defeats the purpose.
Kristen J.
Kristen J.
Snohomish, WA
1 year, 2 months ago
I have dark hair and I love this stuff! I apply to roots, let sit for a few minutes and brush it out really well! No residue or white flakes I've seen with other brands.
Rebekah W.
Rebekah W.
La Follette, TN
1 year, 3 months ago
I love this dry shampoo and I have really dark hair! It brushes out easy and it doesn't leave a weird smell like some other dry shampoos I have tried. I don't think residue has as much to do with hair color as texture.....
kaylyn f.
kaylyn f.
Reedsburg, WI
1 year, 3 months ago
It works fine on dark hair! Just make you brush it well.
Shaye F.
Shaye F.
Princeton, NJ
1 year, 3 months ago
I used it with my hair a deep brown colour at the time and had no problems with residue. You just have to either comb or brush it through very well or, like I did, use your fingers to "shake" out the residue or to comb out the residue with your fingers. No residue left and works really well. I recommend this product. I use it after the beach too to keep that beach-wave with my hair but not have greasy roots from running around in the sun all day.
Paulina V.
Paulina V.
Covington , GA
1 year, 3 months ago
This is not really good for dark hair but you can brush it out and it should work fine it really makes your hair feel clean and light so i think the benefits outweigh the bad
Maeline Y.
Maeline Y.
College Park, Maryland
1 year, 3 months ago
This is absolutely great for dark hair because it does not leave a residue.
Kimberly M.
Kimberly M.
Staten Island, NY
4 years, 4 months ago
It comes out white, but if you rub it in it blends with your hair!
Isabella C.
Isabella C.
Tucson, AZ
4 years, 4 months ago
Yes! you just have to whish your hair in the air for a while and mix it in
Mariam G.
Mariam G.
federal way, WA
4 years, 4 months ago
I don't think it matters
Brooke N.
Brooke N.
Rison, AR
4 years, 4 months ago
I would not recommend this product if you have darker hair. It leaves the most visible white powder residue of any dry shampoo I've ever used. You have to find that fine balance between just enough and not too much--and that line is very, very fine. It is very difficult to rub in if you do spray too much. I would recommend Treseme Dry Shampoo if you have darker hair--it may leave a residue, but it is very easily blended. And, I feel the results (soaking up my oily hair) are far superior to that of Dove.
Molly B.
Molly B.
Salisbury, NC
4 years, 4 months ago
Yes, I have darker brown hair and use it all the time. Make sure you rub it in well as it could leave a white residue.
Nikki H.
Nikki H.
Campbellsvlle, KY
Yvette D.
Yvette D.
Tempe, AZ
4 years, 5 months ago
Yes it good for every type of color. i have black hair and i use this. you will see some white stuff but just give it a second and it will be translucent to your hair color.
Fatima N.
Fatima N.
Woodbridge, VA
4 years, 5 months ago
I have dark hair and i always use this product between showers or if i want to give my hair some volume. when you spray it in you just want to make sure that you rub it in very well so it doesn't leave any white streaks.
Samantha S.
Samantha S.
Hamilton, NJ
4 years, 5 months ago
I have dark hair and use this product. Sometimes I notice a bit of a white cast when I leave my hair curly since I cannot brush it out, but it is usually pretty easy to get out. This is a good product.
Teresa C.
Teresa C.
Brooklyn, NY
4 years, 6 months ago
My hair is very dark brown, almost black and it worked well for me. It might take a little extra brushing to make sure it doesn't cast a dull shadow on your hair, but it's possible. I find that the batiste dry shampoo for brunettes is a bit easier to manage with dark hair! so maybe give that one a try!
Nicole B.
Nicole B.
Cincinnati, OH
4 years, 6 months ago
Just don's spray too close, or it makes your hair white & a little gunky!
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
4 years, 6 months ago
I dye my hair brown and have had NO issues with my hair having a white residue from it. I think people are spraying too close to their hair and it leaves the white streaks. Make sure you hold it a good length from your hair and rub it in thoroughly.
Heather G.
Heather G.
Berlin, NJ
4 years, 7 months ago
Absolutely, my hair is dark right now, but I change it back and firth to blonde and I use it on both and there is no residue so you will not see it on dark hair.
Arhantza S.
Arhantza S.
Decatur, AL
4 years, 7 months ago
My hair is dark on the roots and as long as i don't spray one spot for too long I've never had a problem with it .
Angel M.
Angel M.
Atlanta, GA
4 years, 7 months ago
I have dark brown hair and i have had no problems with it!!! soo YES
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Elton, PA
4 years, 8 months ago
Yep, it's good for all colors. If you notice that you have white spots from the dry shampoo, just rub it in and you'll be back to normal!
Erica C.
Erica C.
Tustin, CA
Rachel B.
Rachel B.
Pittsburg, KS
4 years, 8 months ago
I have brown hair and I have no problem with it. Just comb through your hair and then rub it in
Lindsey C.
Lindsey C.
Valrico, FL
4 years, 8 months ago
I have really dark, almost black hair and I use it every other day. I love it but don't hold it too close to your scalp or you might see residue
Brittany S.
Brittany S.
Syracuse, NY
4 years, 8 months ago
Yes, just make sure you spray 8.to 10 inches away and really rub it in.
Tiffany L.
Tiffany L.
4 years, 8 months ago
Yes, it works well if you don't spray too much. It leaves a white residue, but just rub it in and it should work fine.
megan s.
megan s.
4 years, 8 months ago
Yes i have dark brown works good :)
Theresa R.
Alyssa M.
Alyssa M.
Nashville, TN
4 years, 9 months ago
I used it on my really dark hair and it still left some packages of white on my hair even when I tried to rub it through. It might have just been my hair though since all the other comments say it is ok for dark hair.
Kristen S.
Kristen S.
Schnecksville, PA
4 years, 9 months ago
Yes you can use it on dark hair; just be sure not to spray too much otherwise it will show a white residue. If this occurs you can brush it out and rub it into your roots but i find this to be difficult
Mariela M.
Mariela M.
Alexandria, VA
4 years, 9 months ago
Yes! just make sure that you rub it into your hair. The best way to do it is to run your fingers through where ever you sprayed it on. It comes out white, like powder, but when you rub it in it will go away.
Sandy N.
Sandy N.
Fremont, CA
4 years, 9 months ago
Yes but just make sure to brush it all out or it will look like you have a ton of gray hair. Use your hand with a little water when smoothing out.
Audrey L.
Audrey L.
Westfield, NJ
4 years, 9 months ago
It might appear white at first but just rub it in or comb it out with a brush.
Alicia H.
Alicia H.
4 years, 9 months ago
Yes but don't apply to much , from personal experience you don't want your hair too greesy or the appearence of dandruff like stuff on your black hair.
Elinor M.
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
4 years, 9 months ago
My hair is basically black and I never have a problem with it.
Adrianne h.
Adrianne h.
4 years, 9 months ago
I use it on my sons hair and it is dark brown. If you might see it turn white in places right after you spray it if you spray to much or to close, just rub it in or brush the hair and it goes away.
Amina B.
Amina B.
Chandler, AZ
4 years, 9 months ago
It didn't work very well for my dark hair, even when I combed it through. Left hair dull.
Kelsie R.
Kelsie R.
Manteca, CA
4 years, 9 months ago
It is good for all hair colors, however you do have to work it in you're hair so you do not get that grey hair look.
Jasmine A.
Jasmine A.
modesto, ca
4 years, 9 months ago
If used sparingly, it can come across very light. must rub and brush it out well
Laramie P.
Laramie P.
Evans, GA
4 years, 9 months ago
Yes, just hold the can and spray it a few inches away from your hair and rub it in well and brush it.
Sarah F.
Sarah F.
4 years, 9 months ago
It's good for all hair colors, but if yours is darker, you may have to rub it in just a little so it doesn't show.
Monique M.
Monique M.
Louisville, KY
Sammy C.
Sammy C.
4 years, 9 months ago
Yes. It will most likley turn white but don't worry just rub it in or brush it out
Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.
Lansing, MI
4 years, 9 months ago
Yes. sometimes you will see your hair turn white. all you do is rub it in.