Add a Photo

By DOVE
#3 in Dry Shampoo

• Instantly refreshes and cleans by absorbing excess oil

• Lightweight formula nourishes without weighing hair down

• Builds body and bounce in just a few sprays

• Perfect for fine hair prone to feeling a little flat

• Convenient way to revive hair between washes

• Spritz on whenever your locks need a refreshing volume boost

Take yourself back to the feeling of freshly washed hair with Dove Volume and Fullness Dry Shampoo. Perfect for days when you’re short of time, this weightless formula instantly absorbs oil, conveniently cleaning, reviving and volumizing hair in one.

Created especially for those with flat hair that can be oily, a little limp or weighed down between washes. Massaging a few sprays of this Dove dry shampoo into the roots is all it takes to take your hair from lifeless to bouncy in moments.

So whenever your hair needs a boost, transform your look with a helping hand from Dove Style+Care Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo for fresh, healthy-looking hair that’s brimming with body.

Photos (335)
Lorna W.
Lorna W.
Verdun, QC

This is hands down the WORST dry shampoo I have ever tried. Don't believe me? Check out the picture of my two day greasy hair AFTER applying Dove's Dry Shampoo. Yes, it made my hair straighter and shinier, but it did absolutely nothing to soak up the grease. I would not be comfortable using this as an in-between option to prolong the length between showers at all. Worse, if you wake up late, haven't showered and need a solution fast, this dry shampoo will let you down, leaving you slinking off to work with hair that's obviously greasy. It does reduce grease to a degree. Unfortunately that degree is less than 20%.

In fact no matter what level of 'dirtiness' my hair was at, this dry shampoo failed to improve it enough. On top of which, the scent is so cloying and perfumed (and frankly horrid) that you'll be stuck in your bathroom in a cloud of perfumed powder trying desperately to find the door.

Pros:
- Good Brand and doesn't damage hair.

Cons:
- Doesn't work as a dry shampoo.
- Smell is too powerful and terrible.
- Doesn't reduce grease and leave hair looking clean.
- Just terrible.
- Smells like Grandma's face powder.

Usually I love Dove and they make many amazing products, but I have to say when it comes to this, as a reviewer it's my duty to be honest. My honest opinion is that you should avoid under all circumstances. Awful.

----------------------------------
Alaine W.
Alaine W.

I have depression, which makes getting out of bed, getting showered, and putting clean clothes on every morning a real struggle. There are times when dry shampoo is the difference between being presentable and going to work looking like a hobo. This is the one I've been using the most often because it is inexpensive, smells good, and is easy to find in a drugstore. I have very dark hair (darkest brown that can look black) but I don't have the problem so many have with the white residue. I spray it on just at the roots, then rub it in with my fingertips. I give it a few minutes to absorb oils, then I take a fine tooth horn comb just to my roots. (If you have straight hair, a boar bristle brush is probably a better option. I have curly hair and have to avoid creating a frizzy puff, so I go for the comb.) As a bonus, I get a bit of root lift from doing this. My hair is fine but thick, and a mix of 3a/3b curls. I have curly hair the day I shampoo but the fineness of the strands makes it susceptible to going limp on top on the second or third day. Dry shampoo helps me avoid the dreaded pyramid.
jerisse z.
jerisse z.

Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo comes in a pretty pink and white canister. According to Dove, this dry shampoo is designed to absorb oil between traditional washes so hair looks and feels refreshed. "The weightless formula cleans to transform lifeless hair, so you can enjoy fresh, volumized hair, even when you skip your regular wash."

provides a very fine powdered spray
does not cause build up like others (no white powdery while film or residue at the root)
leaves hair soft and manageable

The So-So: While most customers will appreciate the soft manageability of this product, I wish it was slightly tackier to provide more volume to my roots.

Bottom Line: At an average price point of $9.99, this dry shampoo is a good value for anyone wanting to extend their hairstyle. The canister is bigger than most dry shampoos on the market so you get more bang for your buck. I recommend buying a can to throw in your gym bag for a quick post-gym refresh.
Natalia F.

Winnipeg, MB

Sarah B.
Sarah B.
Greenwood, AR

Let me begin by saying that I have twins. Dove Refresh+Care Dry Shampoo became a staple for me the moment I became a mom. I had tried other dry shampoos in that past but having dark brown hair, they never seemed to give me that "I DIDNT just wake up with oily hair for the third day in a row" look that I was going for. This product has been the only reason I can leave the house some days. I part my hair in various places, hold the bottle about 6-8" from my head, (which I think is very important for brunettes or else it will go on your roots wet instead of a powder and create more or a problem), spray on the roots, let it set for a few minutes and then rub my hair with a dry towel to make sure my dark hair doesn't look white...and I'm ready to go. I buy 2 and 3 bottles at a time! I even keep one in my car to spray my clothes after I leave the park smelling like a goat. The smell is AWESOME! My kids even appreciate the smell. The price is also Awesome! This is an awesome product and I would call it an absolute necessity for busy, sleep deprived moms.
Amy E.
Amy E.
Forest, OH

When I first started using this product I didn't think I liked it, I had just stopped using Oribe dry texturizing spray so I think I was subconsciously comparing the two and we all know Oribe is the holy grail of dry shampoos lol. I am also very picky about dry shampoos in general. Anyhow, after I got over running out of the Oribe and gave Dove a honest chance, I was actually quite pleased! I have extremely oily hair between regular shampooing so I really need a strong dry shampoo that isn't a wimp and can get the job done! Dove did that! Dove had a pleasant scent. It didn't leave a white residue like Batist (I HATED Batist). The biggest down fall would be that I had to use a lot of the product to get the job done so I didn't get as many uses out of one bottle as I would of like to of have. But thankfully it doesn't have the Oribe price tag and the Dove is really affordable. I think I paid around 4 bucks (compared to 45.00 for Oribe lol). So all in all I was pleased and will be purchasing another bottle this weekend as matter of a fact lol.
Emily P.
Emily P.
Green Bay, WI

This is personally my dry shampoo of choice. I've tried "tressemme" and the "not your mother's" dry shampoo and this is still my number one. All three products leave white residue behind, but being very blonde, it's not noticeable. I find that it definitely provides volume to flat hair and absorbs up grease nicely. I have noticed though that if you don't shake the can well enough, that the product will delay coming out of the canister and you're hair will appear greasier (because no product is coming out). Just shake it well enough and there's no problem! I love the scent of Dove's dry shampoo! it's more of a perfume scent, so if you are sensitive to stronger smells in your hygiene products, then maybe this isn't the one for you. The "not your mother's" dry shampoo has more of a baby powder, fresh scent while Tressemme's is a nice inbetween. It has more of a subtle scent but it's still more of a perfume-y scent than a baby powder one. All provide about equally the same result. Dove is typically a hair cheaper and I like the scent the best.
Shari K.
Shari K.
Thornhill, Ontario

My hair is dry and doesn't tend to get too greasy, so it's hard for me to comment on weather or not this gets rid of the grease. Having said that I have used other dry shampoos before and I always hated the gritty feeling they left on my hair and I felt like I had to wash my hair right away. Which defeats the purpose of the product. This one does not leave a gritty feeling at all. It's like you didn't even put anything in your hair. It makes your hair feel soft and the scent is nice, not too overpowering, but still a bit strong if you are sensitive to scents. As for the volume part, I didn't see a big difference in volume like I have with other dry shampoos, prob due to the lack of grit. For me I have big curly hair to I don't mind that too much because I do have volume. It also doesn't leave a white cast on your hair which is nice since I have dark hair. So if you are looking for a light dry shampoo to refresh your hair this is great for you. If you want one that will transform your dirty hair, this would not be good for you.
Manon R.
Manon R.
Casselman, ON

I received the Dove Refresh + Care Volume Dry Shampoo from Chick Advisor #gotitfree. I have oily hair so I use dry shampoos on days I don''t wash my hair. I used this dry shampoo both as directed and as I usually do.
Directions for use: Separate your dry hair into sections. Shake the dry shampoo spray can vigorously; hold it about 20 to 30 cm from the head and spray directly into the roots of your hair in short bursts. Leave in for a couple of minutes, then turn your head upside down and brush out all of the powder before turning your head upright again and styling as usual.
The after picture attached was taken after using the product as directed. I found that the dry shampoo did add some volume to my fine, limp hair. While it absorbed some of the oil at the roots, I have used other dry shampoos that absorb more of the oil. The scent was great and. while lightly scented, it lingered all day. I think this product would be better suited for people would less oily hair. I don't think I will repurchase.
Vanessa
Vanessa
lawrenceville, GA

What is the best way to apply this product? Directly on the roots or is there another better technique?
Tlaltzin M.
Tlaltzin M.
Sacramento, CA

Does it leave a lot of residue left?
A C.
A C.
Spokane, WA

Is it good for dark hair?
Gladys A.
Gladys A.

Does this leave flakes?
Jessica F.
Jessica F.
Bayonne, NJ

I would love to try this product. Does it work good on dry hair?

Join Now