Add a Photo

By DOVE
#4 in Dry Shampoo

• Instantly refreshes and cleans by absorbing excess oil

• Lightweight formula nourishes without weighing hair down

• Builds body and bounce in just a few sprays

• Perfect for fine hair prone to feeling a little flat

• Convenient way to revive hair between washes

• Spritz on whenever your locks need a refreshing volume boost

Take yourself back to the feeling of freshly washed hair with Dove Volume and Fullness Dry Shampoo. Perfect for days when you’re short of time, this weightless formula instantly absorbs oil, conveniently cleaning, reviving and volumizing hair in one.

Created especially for those with flat hair that can be oily, a little limp or weighed down between washes. Massaging a few sprays of this Dove dry shampoo into the roots is all it takes to take your hair from lifeless to bouncy in moments.

So whenever your hair needs a boost, transform your look with a helping hand from Dove Style+Care Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo for fresh, healthy-looking hair that’s brimming with body.

Photos (384)
Janeen R.
Janeen R.

I have found my holy grail dry shampoo! This is an absolutely amazing product!

Why is it the best? Let me tell you:

1. The price - obviously, getting a dry shampoo for around $5 is a steal. The price is comparative to Batiste and I got it on sale at Target for around $3. Also, the price per size is crazy. I'm talking about a decent sized spray for so little

2. It lasts - I'm not talking about lasting all day....I'm talking about lasting for days! I normally have greasy roots and I have gone two to three days with only needing touch up sprays (usually because I sweat in my sleep).

3. The smell - I'm not a strong fragrance kind of gal. The smell is a bit strong when you spray it, but it does down quickly. A huge benefit is that it smells like Dove products and does not have that weird smell that a lot of other dry shampoos have

4. Grey? - one of the biggest problems I have with dry shampoo is the white/grey cast in my hair because I have naturally dark hair. This is very minimal with the Dove dry shampoo and I can usually rub it out

5. Texture - with this dry shampoo, my hair feels like...hair. It is so weird. I have become accustomed to having that weird sticky feeling in my hair from other dry shampoos, that I was completely shocked by this

6. Volume, volume, volume - I got crazy volume from this and I loved it

I've added before and after pictures. The before picture is my roots - 1 day of no washing. The after picture is of my hair after spraying the Dove Volume Dry Shampoo. I did not brush it in, I just finger tousled it.
Alexia S.
Alexia S.
Athens, GA

This dry shampoo is awesome if you're going for a drugstore name you can trust. I normally use Pravana Dry Shampoo but when I cannot make it to the cosmetic supply store, I go for Dove! I own this in both the Volume and Fullness as well as the Detox and Purify at all times as backup. It does the trick for my somewhat tricky hair. I have thin hair and a lot of it--that tends greasy by the end of the day usually. I am in the process of re-training it to go more days between shampoos and Dove has helped a lot! I will say though that I cannot tell a difference between using the Volume and Fullness and the Detox and Purify..I think they both work the same. I do have to use more product than I would have to with a more chalky, thick dry shampoo that is salon quality..but for the price of $5 or less, I can't complain!

The product is of a thicker consistency and good for those who have a lot of grease built up. It's chalky texture is white, but does not leave much of a white residue on the scalp like some other brands tend to do. The can lasts for a while so I believe you are getting a fair amount for the price. There's not too strong of a scent so it would be perfect for those with sensitive noses or allergies! I have gone through several bottles of this so I can honestly say that I will continue to do so as backup to my Pravana.
Anna G.
Anna G.
Hoboken, NJ

I have both the Dove Refresh + Care Detox & Purify and the Volume & Fullness dry shampoo, and I'm a bit disappointed. The promised "refreshed and revived hair" isn't quite the outcome that ensues after using this product.

I have very thick and curly hair, and when I spend three hours blow drying and straightening it I make sure to make it last. A celebrity hair stylist at my aunt's boujee wedding actually recommended that I shampoo my hair once a week, so I use that as leverage. When I use dry shampoo, I'm expecting my hair to feel fresh. My hands should be able to run through my hair without but resistance afterward, an effect that most high-end dry shampoos supply. However, Dove's dry shampoo leaves my hair with a powdery feeling that I can't stand. Not only that, but the two different types of dry shampoos have the exact same effect.

My draw to this product was the price tag. At almost $5, it sounds too good to believe. It is. I will be trying out other drugstore dry shampoos in the future for comparison, but you can be sure these won't make it to my roots anymore.
Brooklynn R.
Brooklynn R.
Ogden, UT

Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo comes in a pretty pink and white canister. According to Dove, this dry shampoo is designed to absorb oil between traditional washes so hair looks and feels refreshed. "The weightless formula cleans to transform lifeless hair, so you can enjoy fresh, volumized hair, even when you skip your regular wash."The Good: Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo:has a clean scentrefreshes hair in a pinchprovides a very fine powdered spraydoes not cause build up like others (no white powdery while film or residue at the root)absorbs oil well leaving hair looking freshleaves hair soft and manageableThe So-So: While most customers will appreciate the soft manageability of this product, I wish it was slightly tackier to provide more volume to my roots.Bottom Line: At an average price point of $9.99, this dry shampoo is a good value for anyone wanting to extend their hairstyle. The canister is bigger than most dry shampoos on the market so you get more bang for your buck. I recommend buying a can to throw in your gym bag for a quick post-gym refresh.
Sarah B.
Sarah B.
Greenwood, AR

Let me begin by saying that I have twins. Dove Refresh+Care Dry Shampoo became a staple for me the moment I became a mom. I had tried other dry shampoos in that past but having dark brown hair, they never seemed to give me that "I DIDNT just wake up with oily hair for the third day in a row" look that I was going for. This product has been the only reason I can leave the house some days. I part my hair in various places, hold the bottle about 6-8" from my head, (which I think is very important for brunettes or else it will go on your roots wet instead of a powder and create more or a problem), spray on the roots, let it set for a few minutes and then rub my hair with a dry towel to make sure my dark hair doesn't look white...and I'm ready to go. I buy 2 and 3 bottles at a time! I even keep one in my car to spray my clothes after I leave the park smelling like a goat. The smell is AWESOME! My kids even appreciate the smell. The price is also Awesome! This is an awesome product and I would call it an absolute necessity for busy, sleep deprived moms.
Esther Y.
Esther Y.
West Covina, CA

I've used about 6 different dry shampoos before discovering Dove Refresh+Care. It's priced right and I even saw this for sale in a 3-pack at one of the membership warehouses!
Being that my hair is jet black and somewhat oily on day 2, the main problem I encountered with all of the others was the white powder film that just sat there. I only experienced this with Dove once when I oversprayed in one spot at close range. Luckily, it didn't look AS bad after I massaged and spread it around.
What I do to avoid this is to apply a little at a time, then spray more if necessary. I hold the can 6" away from head (even though the directions say 8"-12"). Lift a section of hair and spray onto roots in small, light shots while moving the can to avoid concentrated white splotches. Remember to shake the can often. Massage it in and around. Repeat if necessary.
I love everything about Dove Refresh+Care! It smells great, doesn't make my hair as powdery white like other brands and did I mention is smells great?!!
Megan W.
Megan W.
Mount Vernon, GA

Honestly, this is by far the BEST dry shampoo I ever used! I have been using the dove hair care products for about a year now and I can say that they are ALL amazing! The smell is so consuming, and idk it gives me a sense of confidence. {not to mention, I get compliments daily on how great I smell b/c of its breathtaking scent} It takes very little too get an amazing result, not only with this dry shampoo, but also with the other dove products. I am in so much LOVE with this!! I honestly cannot get over how great this dry shampoo works! It's affordable, great smelling, and just ugh perfect in every way! I usually get a great deal on mine at CVS -- usually buy one, get the 2nd one 50% off, or sometimes I get lucky and get buy one, get one free! So great! Nothing can beat that, especially since it only cost about 5 or 6 bucks!! I definitely recommend this!! {RIGHT NOW @ CVS YOU CAN PURCHASE THIS BUY ONE FOR $5.49 + tax, GET THE SECONDS ONE 50% OFF!} #dryshampoochallenge @influenster
Jenny W.
Jenny W.
Monroe, LA

I received this product in my Influenster box for purposes of reviewing, but i will give my honest review. This is a great dry shampoo. I saw that some people were complaining about the fragrance, but i actually really loved the smell because It left my hair smelling great and clean. I use dry shampoos all of the time and this is one of the best ones I have used. I love that I am able to spray it on my roots and it gives them a lot of lift and volume. I even use it on days that I have just washed my hair for that very reason. As far as how it works for the oiliness in your hair, it is great for that also. It manages to soak up the oil and leave your hair feeling fresh. I have dark brown hair and have not found it to leave a residue, once I rub it into my scalp. Overall I love this product and would recommend it and continue using it and purchasing it after I run out
Monica V.
Monica V.
Chantilly, VA

I received this Dry Shampoo complimentary in exchange for my honest review. I had high hopes for this dry shampoo, but was a little let down. The scent, although pleasant, was extremely overwhelming and gave me a slight headache. The Dry Shampoo often left my hair white, even when I followed the instructions on how to properly use it, and when I would comb out the excess dry shampoo, it seemed to make my hair greasy again. I had to use a lot, then had to wipe some of it off, then apply again. Seems like I wasted a lot of it! However, after playing around with it some, I seemed to get the right amount and it left my hair feeling fuller and a lot less greasy. Although it left my hair feeling fuller, it left it stiff and a little straw like. I would POSSIBLY considering purchasing this again, mainly because it made my hair look fuller.
Kathryn J.
Kathryn J.

I have been a LONG TIME lover of Batiste dry shampoo but I was at Target and in DESPERATE need of some dry shampoo and I thought I'd give Dove a shot. Now I absolutely love the smell of the coconut Bastiste (can somebody say pina coladas on a beach? ☺️) but this Dove dry shampoo is a close second on favorite smells. It just smells clean. Like fresh out of the shower clean. I found myself using it more often just for the way it smells. Well after about 3 weeks of use, my scalp is DRY AND FLAKY. I've never had this issue before and the only thing I've changed is my dry shampoo. Maybe it's from overuse? Maybe it's just the formula? Idk but I won't be repurchasing. I am jealous of y'all who get to rock the clean fresh smell without the dry scalp side effects. (Maybe a positive from this is that I get to review head &a shoulders now?)
Vanessa
Vanessa
lawrenceville, GA

What is the best way to apply this product? Directly on the roots or is there another better technique?
Tlaltzin M.
Tlaltzin M.
Sacramento, CA

Does it leave a lot of residue left?
A C.
A C.
Spokane, WA

Is it good for dark hair?
Gladys A.
Gladys A.

Does this leave flakes?
Jessica F.
Jessica F.
Bayonne, NJ

I would love to try this product. Does it work good on dry hair?

Join Now