Dove Purely Pampering Beauty Bar
Photos (97)
Amy S.
Amy S.
Buda, TX
I keep reading that coconut oil is the oil of the gods. The last time I was in Target this soap was on an end cap, so I decided to try it out. I'm more of a body wash kind of girl, but hey - when in Target, right?!

The price varies, but at Target it was $4.99 or something close.

The smell is very pleasant. Coconut - obviously - but not too over powering. The scent did not longer after the shower.

The soap lathered nicely in the wash cloth. It glided on smoothly and my skin did feel pretty soft after I towel dried. I have very dry skin.

I forgot to put lotion on my legs afterwards and at first I was pleasantly surprised, but after about an hour the smooth texture went away and I felt very wax-y (yah - not sure if that is a word either).

I don't think I'll go back to this soap again. It was definitely worth the try and has a fret price point. Just wasn't my bar of soap.
Lauren K.
Lauren K.
Sept. 12, 2016, 9:41 p.m.
Review for: Piece Sweet And Peony
I love Dove original bar soap for my little girl. She has sensitive skin and especially during the season changes she gets rough and bumpy patches. The original bar soap has ALWAYS worked well for her, with no scent and no dye's. But, on a whim we tried this pampering bar soap. It has a very light, fresh flower scent, which surprising to me, didn't irritate her skin. I have to use specific washes on genital area, due to illnesses and tried the soap "down there", and to my surprise, again, left a scent. But it didn't cause irritation. No burning, or hard to remove soap. Left both of our skin issues moisturized, no dry feeling as other brands do. Truly love Dove as a bar soap, it's the only one I will trust, even the scented & added moisture lines. Def buying again, and DYK, it lasts forever if you keep it in a waterproof case!!
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
June 2, 2016, 8:41 p.m.
Review for: 8 Piece Sweet And Peony
This is my favorite soap!
It has a very beautiful Shea buttery vanilla scent. It's not a very strong smell but that doesn't bother me at all because this soap does wonders for my skin! This soap makes my skin soft and it feels very nice and rich when I'm in the shower and I apply this. It's not one of those soaps that feel tight on the skin so that's a mega plus! The biggest thing that really made me fall in love with this soap is how gentle it is on my skin!! I suffer from eczema on my legs so I have to be careful when looking for soaps. This one works very well on my skin and never makes my occasional eczema on the legs come back. If you have sensitive skin, then I highly recommend this for you!
It:
-has a lovely smell
-feels nice on the skin/gives moisture
-WORKS ON SENSITIVE SKIN!! :D
I love this product
Mariangeli P.
Mariangeli P.
miami, FL
I think this product is amazing! After the first time I bought it, I have not stopped buying because I use it all the time and the need to keep the stock replenishment. First smells so nice and not too sweet SMEL since they do not make products that smell very sweet because they make me feel bad taste. This also makes wjat said in the package because it is nourishing and body care and leaves the skin so soft and soft. The smell also stops on your skin after what it smells really good, too. I also think the packaging is very good and will not go to the neighborhood too expensive for what it is. I would definitely continue to buy this product and always recommend it to my friends and family in which it is now a staple in your skin care routine as it is in mine, and it is one of my holy grail products!
Roxanne C.
Roxanne C.
I have very, very, VERY dry and sensitive skin. My skin adores moisture and will grab onto anything it can get! This is the ONLY bar of soap that does not leave me scratching all day OR with a feeling of having a crazy waxy extra layer on top of my skin. I do find that I need to moisturized right out of the shower, but I have yet to find a product that is an all-in-one full moisturizing product. And honestly, I love the extra step anyway! The reason this gets four stars instead of a five star rating is because though I only swear by this bar of soap, I find myself reaching more toward liquid body gels from Bath and Body Works. Other than that, great moisturization, soothing scent and overall, top-notch and affordable!
Kyle D.
Kyle D.
Mount Vernon, NY
I absolutely swear by Dove, and with good reason. I tried using it, and wow, it really made a huge difference in evening out my skin tone and fighting my acne. My skin is clearer and it seems like it's more taut, and I've been having a lot less acne, and even some of the scars from old pimples are going away.

The only downside of this soap that I've noticed is that it doesn't leave the same silky smooth feeling that the other Dove soaps leave, including the Deep Clean version. I don't know if this is just an issue with the bar/batch that I'm using or if it's a normal characteristic of this particular product, either way, I'm willing to keep using it to see if it changes plus, it's not a deal breaker for me.
Marielena O.
Marielena O.
I absolutely swear by Dove, and with good reason. A few years ago I got hit with mid twenties acne in a way that wasn't quite bad enough for a ProActiv commercial, but definitely not something that I could ignore. I tried using Cetaphil and Neutrogena, but while good products, neither of these worked for my particular skin. My grandmother, of all people, told me that Dove bars are really good for your face and that I shouldn't bother with the more expensive face washes when I could get something better for a fraction of the cost. Well, you've got to listen to Grandma. I tried using it, and wow, it really made a huge difference in evening out my skin tone and fighting my acne.
Kimberley W.
Kimberley W.
Cedar Falls, IA
If not by a twist of fate I would probably never tried this! I was invited last minute to go with a group of friends on a weekend getaway, getting everything together and packing I knew I did not want to try to pack my liquid body wash (I am disaster prone when it comes to traveling) so I went to the store to get a few things I would need and I picked up the Coconut Jasmine petal Dove soap. My first shower on my trip I couldn't get over the fantastic smell and even though I did not have the soft water from home my skin felt positively silky! I am really surprised how much I love this bar soap and have switched from body wash to it. You have just got to try this to believe it.
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Eau Claire, WI
June 25, 2016, 11:53 a.m.
Review for: 8 Piece Sweet And Peony
Bar soap is one of those products I stay away from due to that tight, drying feeling after use. This product is NOT that bar soap. The Dove Pampering Beauty Bar is a lightweight moisturizing product that adds moisture to my skin and leaves me feeling soft, smooth, clean and comfortable in my own skin. I love the light feminine fragrance that doesn't compete with my daily perfume and gently wakes me up for the day. Additional bonus? This beauty bar doubles as a shaving cream, boosting the effectiveness of my razor and preventing any nicks or cuts. I almost feel like I don't need body lotion after my shower when I use Dove. Will continue buying again and again!
Lulu K.
Lulu K.
New Castle, DE
I have dry sensitive skin and I check pH of any soap I use. Most soaps, even the expensive ones, have pH in the range 8-9.5, which means they're harsh on the skin and they strip off the natural acidic mantle. This soap has pH 7, which means it's at the point of neutrality from the chemical point of view, and it is affordable. It cleans very well but doesn't dry the skin out. It's by far my favorite soap for the whole body and the only one I've been using in the past few years.
I read some complaining about the short life span of these soap bars, put them in the refrigerator for longer life.
Ericka M.
Ericka M.
Doral, FL
Does it dry the skin?
jasmina V.
jasmina V.
Cape Coral, FL
Does this product leave your skin soft?
Wondering if the smell is good
Isabel R.
Isabel R.
St Petersburg, FL
Does this really smell like Coconut?
Jasmine B.
Jasmine B.
New Richmond
It this only available in certain countries? I live in Canada, in the province of Quebec, and I have never seen this. I would love to try it!!