BY DOVE #8 in Dry Shampoo

Formulated for all hair types and colors, Dove Refresh+Care Dry Shampoos refresh and revive hair in between regular washes. The weightless formula leaves hair looking and feeling fresh.

• Weightless formula removes oil from roots without leaving visible residue so your hair is cleansed and purified

• Helps control the oil and refresh your hair even when you skip your regular wash

• Does this really work and leave a good smell? I've been trying th...3 Answers
  • Is this useful and good product for hair?1 Answers
  • I tried dry shampoo before but it made the roots look gray and my...1 Answers
Julie G.
San Diego
This is an absolutely amazing product! Why is it the best? Let me tell you: 1. The price - obviously, getting a dry shampoo for around $5 is a steal. The price is comparative to Batiste and I got it on sale at Target for around $3. Also, the price per size is crazy. I'm talking about a decent sized spray for so little 2. It lasts - I'm not talking about lasting all day....I'm talking about lasting for days! I normally have greasy roots and I have gone two to three days with only needing touch up sprays (usually because I sweat in my sleep). 3. The smell - I'm not a strong fragrance kind of gal. The smell is a bit strong when you spray it, but it does down quickly. A huge benefit is that it smells like Dove products and does not have that weird smell that a lot of other dry shampoos have
Arlet D.
Hialeah, FL
So I have never tried a dry shampoo, for the reasons being that I have always just washed my hair when it got greasy. I had also heard about other brand dry shampoos that left white residue or made people's hair look greasier. So I was skeptical when I first got this. I read the directions and saved it for when my hair was needing a wash. Then today, my hair felt greasy and looked frizzy and could use a wash, but it was a busy day and so I didn't have time. I used the Dove Detox & Purify Dry Shampoo and sprayed my hair in pieces, about 8 inches from the root and rubbed it in. The scent right away, I noticed, was very pleasant. It was a light, sweet scent. It didn't smell like a chemical spray like hairspray can smell like. It sprayed a full spray got the whole area, not a thick glob in one spot. A nice wide spray. Then I rubbed my hair and ran a brush through it. My hair looked smoother, brighter, and fresh. It didn't feel greasy or filmy and I didn't have any residue on my hair or on my handa. It was great. I love it. I was so happily surprised by this. I am definitely using this again. And you don't have to spray a lot either. This will last a while with this size of a bottle too. Definitely recommend.
Lauren P.
Tampa, FL
I like this dry shampoo a lot. The smell is great and it definitely dries up my greasy scalp. I try not to wash my hair super often because it's really bad for you, so this product helps me stay fresh in between hair washing days. My only con is that it seems like there's not much product in the container. Compared to other drug store dry shampoos it is a little more expensive, but I would recommend this to friends and family.
Melissa-Timothy H.
I'm a product lover but this was disappointing, especially since I love most dove products! The only two things it does is make your head feel refreshed and smells refreshing, sometimes! Not much cleaning or "coverage" if you will. It leaves a white/grey residue instead. That's just when being used either so I can let some natural oils in my/our hair (skip a day of washing) or to gently clean and settle the kids colics before school. Doesn't work, specially not for the price!
Brittany C.
Stanton, KY
So my hair is very oily. I have to wash everyday. I picked this up at my local Dollar General because sometimes I just don’t have time to shower. I’m a stay at home Mom so I use this when I need to run out for things. I love the smell of this product. I feel like it doesn’t take away all the oilyness or give me the volume I’d like. I spray it in and brush it through my hair. Overall it gets me out of the house so I’d give it an okay. The price is pretty decent and it’s good for frequent use.
Nka k.
I got this dove dray hair shampoo at Walmart. It was the best price I could find.
I like the smell of it.
And my hair looks good when I use the dove dray shampoo.
So I'm very satisfied. And I think it was a brilliant idea to create a wonderful product Dove Volume and Fullness Dry Shampoo
trisha V.
Andover
I tend to wash my hair everyday which is not recommended so I thought I would try dry shampoo. I have fine hair and I felt like using this product my hair still looked greasy. I'm really not sure if it is just me though. I haven't found a dry shampoo that has worked for me yet. The price is reasonable so I would still recommended trying it out for yourself.
Steffany C.
Charlotte, NC
used to wash my hair daily, along with highlighting it every few months. Needless to say my hair was damaged! My hairdresser recommended that I wash my hair only twice a week. I was liker "ewe!". However my hair bounced back very quickly! After the second day my hair was flat and getting oily so I tried MANY dry shampoos! Expensive ones,cheap ones, but the one that I found to work the best is this one by Pantene. It didn't dry my hair out or leave a filmy residue all over. It also didn't leave a white powder everywhere. It just made my hair fuller, took away the oily look and smells amazing! My fave for 2015! The picture attached is 2 days of no washing with the Pantene dry shampo
Jennifer D.
At first I was a little hesitant to try dry shampoo. I’ve never used it and as far as I know no one I know used it. I took a chance on it because I couldn’t really wash my hair after a surgery and I didn’t want to smell. Turns out it’s great! I use it know when I can’t wash my hair or when I’m traveling or just need to refresh my hair after a workout.
Vanessa P.
Laguna Vista, TX
I loved the scent. I even used it as a body spray couple of times. I loved how it soothe my scalp, I do have a very sensitive scalp. It made me feel cleaned, the only reason I give it a 3 because after 1 day, it feels too dirty and thick. I use other brands that has made my hair look like I had a blow out after not washing for 2-4 days.
Rachel D.
Ottawa
With darker hair does it show up looking like dandruff? Is it a reliable product? Thanks!
Ruth D.
Springfield, MA
How those is smell?? Is it sticky??? #DryShampooChallenge
Yamilet Romero R.
I want to a shampoo that moisturizes my hair. Is this really does?
Amber H.
I have never used dry shampoo before. Does this really work and what does everybody recommend?
Jennifer O.
How does this compare to other dry shampoos? Does it leave a white cast on the hair?