Add a Photo

By DOVE
#3 in Dry Shampoo

Formulated for all hair types and colors, Dove Refresh+Care Dry Shampoos refresh and revive hair in between regular washes. The weightless formula leaves hair looking and feeling fresh.

• Weightless formula removes oil from roots without leaving visible residue so your hair is cleansed and purified

• Helps control the oil and refresh your hair even when you skip your regular wash

Photos (51)
Ashley B.
Ashley B.
seal cove, ME

So I'm usually a bit skeptical about dry shampoos seeing that I have dark brown hair and all of them just seem to turn my hair white, (I've tried just about every dry shampoo out there..).
I also was skeptical because I have wavy hair that just frizzes when I brush it so I didn't quite want to do that either. This dry shampoo didn't have any of the problems those other products had AND it smells amazing!! The scent right away, I noticed, was very pleasant. It was light and sweet scent. It didn't smell like a chemical spray like hair spray can smell like
. It sprayed a full spray got the whole area, not a thick glob in one spot. A nice wide spray. Then I rubbed my hair and ran a brush through it. My hair looked smoother, brighter, and fresh. It didn't feel greasy or filmy and I didn't have any residue on my hair or on my hands. It was great. I love it.
I was so happily surprised by this. I am definitely using this again. And you don't have to spray a lot either. This will last a while with this size of a bottle too
Jazmin W.
Jazmin W.

I received this in my custom Unilever VoxBox and it is great. This dry shampoo is great for when you don’t feel like or have the time to do a full shampoo and condition. Having curly 3a/3b hair, I was skeptical about dry shampoos working because they sound drying and I need moisture, water, and conditioner. Luckily I am able to find a way to incorporate this dry shampoo into my regimen.

Frank Y.
Frank Y.
Brooklyn, NY

This dry shampoo is great for when you don’t feel like or have the time to do a full shampoo and condition. Having curly 3a/3b hair, I was skeptical about dry shampoos working because they sound drying and I need moisture, water, and conditioner. Luckily I am able to find a way to incorporate this dry shampoo into my regimen. I spray the dry shampoo into my hair/scalp, I move my hair around a bit, then I shake it out. Then I do as I usually do (but skip the conditioner step) and wet my hair to detangle it. I go on to apply my regular styling products and let my hair dry. I use this as a refresher for my hair when my curls start to get weighed down and they go limp. This dry shampoo is able to remove some build up and revive my curls. My hair also feels and smells cleaner. After using this, my curls look great and I achieved the best curl clumping, greatest volume ever, and increased thickness which is great. I received this item from Influenster for review purposes.
Taylor C.
Taylor C.
Arkansas City, KS

I've used so many different dry shampoos in the last 10 years, I never bothered to try this one because I thought they were all the same, they leave me with white residue on my dark hair, even the ones made for dark hair were terrible. I've tried drugstore brand after drugstore brand and then I even tried high-end brands and could never find anything worthy. Until I went to Walmart and was browsing for shampoo and conditioner and saw this product. I decided to get this because it was only a couple bucks and I needed a dry shampoo and wanted to try something different. I'm so glad I made that choice because this dry shampoo was absolutely amazing. It doesn't have a terribly strong scent, it's fresh, it doesn't leave a residue on my dark hair at all. I recommend this to everyone looking for a dry shampoo that isn't over priced, over scented or has tons of residue.
Shakira M.
Shakira M.

The hair looks and feels much cleaner and stays that way longer. Neither, and unlike other shampoos that I have used for oily hair, it produces dandruff. It cleanses my scalp gently by moisturizing it by avoiding the formation of dandruff.
Its texture is creamy the same as the foam it makes. Like all Dove it carries its famous "moisturizing cream room" which is appreciated since the hair is very silky and manageable. It does not need conditioner, the desenredrado is very simple, the comb slips between the hair.
I let it dry in the air. Once
dry, I have noticed that it leaves my hair very shiny and also
graciously marks the small waves that I have at the ends giving a
different air to the hair. It also adds a little volume but no helmet effect. The touch is very silky and smooth, gives pleasure.
Krystal S.
Krystal S.
Orlando, Fl

I'm on a never ending quest to find the best dry shampoo at the best PRICE. I've tried the $30 salon brands & the $3 drugstore brands and many, many in between. I tried the Dove on my 3-days ago washed hair and I am really pleased with the product. Most drugstore brands leave my hair just feeling stiff & thick with product. The Dove DS made my hair feel soft with no real stiff or too-thick feeling. All the other drugstore brands I've tried have been lemon scented & I end up feeling like I've just sprayed Lemon Pledge on my hair. The Dove DS has a nice soap/baby powder scent. I've read another review here & I think that they might using too much product. You want to spray a very little amount into the roots of your hair. I've used the can I have at least 20 times. #DryShampooChallenge
Sam B.
Sam B.
Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been plagued with extremely fine hair that gets oily within hours of shampooing. Dry shampoo is a necessity and I have tried nearly everyone on the market. The Dove Detox & Purify Dry Shampoo is one of my favorites because it actually works! I was amazed when i first tried it because it didn't leave a funky residue, it gave my hair some volume and life and it ACTUALLY soaked up some of the nastiness and helped get my oil under control. The smell is really nice, not overpowering like others I have tried. I was really impressed how well this product worked, especially with it being so inexpensive. I don't know if it will leave a residue on someone who has dark hair but if you have light hair as i do this product is a must-have. #DryShampooChallenge
Sarah W.
Sarah W.
Abilene, TX

I just got to try this and I'm in love! I have very long (past my butt) green hair, so I really try not to wash my hair very often. On top of that, I have very oily hair so you can tell when I don't wash it!!! This made my hair feel so soft and it absorbed all the oil to where it looked like I had just taken a shower even though it had been day 4 (fooled everyone!) It did not add much volume to my hair, most likely because of the length, but I don't need volume so that suits me just fine! It also did not leave a residue on me, but I do have green hair so it may on darker hair. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who has oily hair or if you just can't wash your hair everyday. It makes like so much easier! #DryShampooChallenge
Ashley H.
Ashley H.

This stuff smells soooo good! I would honestly wear it as a perfume haha It smells so clean and fresh. As far as performance goes, this is a decent dry shampoo. I have very fine auburn colored hair and I sometimes have difficulty finding a dry shampoo that blends in well and doesn't look white or flaky. This dry shampoo does a great job of sprucing up my hair and gives me volume and body, however the reason for 4 instead of 5 stars is due to the fact that the good effects don't seem to last very long. If I use this product in the morning, for example, by nighttime I will need to use it again. But, aside from the longevity - this dry shampoo is really a great bang for your buck :)
Rachael K.
Rachael K.
Marrero, LA

I usually use Dove's volumizing dry shampoo (pink label) but I decided to branch out to this version since I just found it a few weeks ago at Walmart. LOVE IT!! It smells great and keeps my hair going on day 2, 3, and yes, even 4! This version is a little lighter which works well with my thin hair if I'm wearing it up in a bun or a ponytail and don't need a ton of volume. If you watched the YouTube challenge video but have not yet tried Dry Shampoo, please know that I usually use much more than two or three quick bursts as they had shown. Brush it out and no visible residue (my hair is balayaged blonde/light brown). I'll definitely be purchasing this again! #dryshampoochallenge
Rachel D.
Rachel D.
Ottawa

With darker hair does it show up looking like dandruff? Is it a reliable product? Thanks!
Ruth D.
Ruth D.
Springfield, MA

How those is smell?? Is it sticky??? #DryShampooChallenge
Yamilet Romero
Yamilet Romero

I want to a shampoo that moisturizes my hair. Is this really does?
Amber H.
Amber H.

I have never used dry shampoo before. Does this really work and what does everybody recommend?
Has anyone with dry hair used this product? I wash my hair every other day but if I go past that my hair will get oily only at my scalp while the rest of my hair is still dry. Would this be good to use and wait a day or two longer before washing with regular shampoo?

Join Now