BY DOVE #31 in Deodorant & Antiperspirant

Dove Clear Tone Sheer Touch Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant: Helps restore skin to its natural tone Special value twin-pack

• Do u see a difference yet?13 Answers
  • Is this deodorant the kind that makes you sweat more or does it r...1 Answers
  • I really need i deodorant for the dark under of my arms. I dont k...2 Answers
Mary Katherine P.
State Univ, AR
This deodorant does great at keeping my underarms dry and smelling fresh! It lasts all day too and I never have to worry about it! I always use it and you can buy it just about anywhere! I have also noticed the tone of my underarms improving! Not too dramatic but noticeable to me!
Sara N.
This product is just ok. It is a good antiperspirant and deodorant but it leaves a residue on clothes and can clump up in your armpit so I’m not the biggest fan. I would not really recommend to others
Stepha V.
My favorite deodorant because it really does lighten up those underarms! I also love the smell because it is not too strong but still fresh and clean when you catch a wiff of it. It is pretty good for the price and Costco sells them a bit cheaper in bulk.
Liz M.
Madison, WI
This is my new favorite! I was skeptical at first, but I honestly have noticed a big improvement on the tone in my underarms, they are much more even after using this for one month. The smell is great, and it lasts long on me. Will definitely buy again!
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
The Dove Advanced Care Clear Tone Deodorant has been a godsend for me for years. It's alcohol free, so it's gentle to those of us with sensitive skin. I haven't had any adverse reactions to this antiperspirant since I've started using this, and I've been using this for years now.

There's a variety of scents, my favorite being Skin Renew. They are very soft, and very "Dove," if you know what I mean. The consistency of this deodorant is very powdery, much like the other deodorants that Dove produces. These may leave a white residue on clothing if you apply too much or if you apply it prior to getting dressed, but it does wash off in the washing machine. I don't have that issue if I apply it after I put my clothes on.

Even though this has aluminum in it, aluminum being the ingredient believed by many to darken armpits, it does live up to the claims helps restore your underarms to their natural tone. My underarms match the rest of my body after my first tube of this stuff. It was unbelievable!

The only downfall about this deodorant is that it breaks easily. The only time I have that issue is if I accidentally knock it off the bathroom counter. So if you're prone to dropping things, just be aware of that.

You can find this for about $5 for a single stick or in a twin pack for $8-$10 at your local Wal-Mart/Target/etc.
Eileen R.
Manassas , VA
The scent is perfect, the sensation is perfect, the texture is perfect I use it after shower every day I affordable for everyone I bought it in Walmart and I love it ! I would buy it again and again because is super good
Abby V.
Hudsonville, MI
I've used this line of product for quite some time. I tried to use Toms for a more natural style, but it does not work like this does. With this product I do not have to keep applying. I can use it for all day wear.
Stefanie V.
Hialeah, FL
I usually use the Dove deodorant with cucumbers and green tea and absolutely love this. I would purchase them in a pack at Costco, but when I went to repurchase, these were there instead. I figured these would work just as well as my other trusty Dove deodorant and that was a huge mistake. The smell of these was fine, but the product was HORRID. It was an absolute nightmare trying to wash this product off and I don't know why. It felt like a normal deodorant going on, but it never really dried down and I could feel it all day. I thought maybe I had put too much on or perhaps it was the ingredients. At the end of the day when I go to shower I use liquid body soap and a loofa to wash my body. Usually I am able to scrub my underarms a few times to remove the residual deodorant and have clear armpits, but for some reason this product just would not come off. I spent forever and 3 days trying to get this off my armpits. I will NEVER EVER repurchase this and recommend that no one else does either! Dove PLEASE discontinue this product and bring back the cucumber and green tea go fresh deodorant!
Antoinette J.
I normally love Dove deodorants, but this one is a pass for me.  The product works as an anti-perspirant, don't get me wrong, but the smell on me is terrible.  It's bad enough that I get headaches from it.  I wrote Dove to see if I could return it to them in exchange for a coupon for another of their products, but they never got back to me.  I'm kind of disappointed in their poor customer service.  So now I have a very gently used Advance Care stick of deodorant that can't do anything with.

I'm not giving it one star because it does work as a deodorant/anti-persirant, but I can't speak to whether it's any better or worse than comparable products because I couldn't use it long enough to tell.

I'd say, give it a try if you're interested, but if the fragrance doesn't work with your chemistry, be willing to eat the cost.
Shanna C.
I began using Dove Advanced Care Cleartone at the recommendation of other ladies who have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). Thanks to PCOS I had started experiencing dark underarms and was desperate for anything to make it better. Dove Advanced Care Cleartone helped lighten my underarms, it didn't correct it completely but it did help! It calms on the front of the deodorant stick that it "helps restore skin to it natural tome" I will never buy any other deodorant again. You can find it at Wal-Mart for $4.66. Dove® Clear Tone™ Advanced Care Sheer Touch Antiperspirant Deodorant
Jewel J.
Wellesley, MA
How long until you see results with this product?
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Do u see a difference yet?
Michelle O.
Middletown, NY
Does it actually help with discoloration?
Mayra J.
Minneapolis, MN
Has anyone noticed a rash?
Lyndsie Y.
Astoria, NY
Can someone PLEASE explain to me the point of this "clear tone" ? What does that even mean!