BY DOVE #3 in Bar Soap

Dove white beauty bar 4 oz, 2 bar

Buy on Jet.com*
Shakira F.
I bought Dove beauty bars (white) as I have very dry skin and I needed a bar soap that is moisturizing. After reading several positive reviews about them, I decided to give them a chance too. Each bar comes individually packaged in a box. When I took the bar out of the box, I noticed each bar has a dove engraved in it and immediately felt the weight of the bar. It was a bit heavier than other soaps, and it felt like suede, gave me the feeling that it was full of moisture. And that, it was! I used it on my hands first and noticed it lathers up fairly quickly. It has a very light to no smell to it and that was good for me as I was pregnant and couldn't use anything with strong smell to it. As I was rubbing the soap between my hands, I could feel a layer of moisture or lotion settling in my skin. It was creamy and smooth on my hands. I washed off the soap and dried my hands and could feel my hands weren't dry anymore. I followed up with some hand cream to lock that moisture in. Since then, I started using this in the shower and even use it on my kids. They have eczema and they love it too. The light smell also helps a lot and makes it easy to use on the kids. Store it in a dry soap dish until next use as leaving it in a wet soap dish will make the soap diminish quickly. I highly recommend this product. Definitely one of the better soaps you can buy from a big box retailer. Over several months of use, I notice my hands aren't as dry as they used to be. They also come in good use in the winter months.
This is a good soap- as far as soaps go. It covers all the basics: cleaning your skin... I mean those are the basics for soap, really, so it's got that covered. It feels like soap, so it's got that covered too. Slippery. It's a solid, every day soap that you really can't go wrong with- unless you, like me, have incredibly sensitive skin. Now, the product isn't specifically marketed at those with sensitive skin, however it is in doves ethos to provide products that are gentle, and so it's slightly disappointing. As someone who suffers from eczema on my hands which is usually flared up my perfumed soaps, this soap definitely irritated my hands slightly. However, it didn't cause extereme irritation, and for that reason I've given it 3/5. It's hard for me to find any soap that doesn't irritate my skin and so one that does so only slight really isn't too bad. It's reasonably priced (yet again it's soap, so, like, you're hardly going to be paying hundreds of pounds for it) and is a good product. It smells fresh and nice without being overpowering, like a lot of other soaps. Overall, not bad for a basic product that you'd have around your house.
Bethany L.
I should preface this by saying that I don't like bar soap. Every kind I try leaves a weird residue and my skin feels weirdly tight and kind of sticky. I purchased the #dovebeautybar at Walgreens for $1.99 because my daughter has super #sensitive skin and I've heard good things. I decided to try it myself to see if I might be a bar soap convert. Turns out, I'm not. But if I had to use a bar of soap, this one would be it.

The scent was #fresh and clean, but not too heavily perfumed or floral. The texture of the bar was smooth and creamy but with a little bit of fine grain "grit" (for lack of a better term). I wouldn't say it's particularly exfoliating, but it probably does provide some exfoliation. It got me clean and didn't irritate my #sensitive skin. It took a bit longer than I would have liked to rinse off, but it left no annoying residue. I can't say that it actually hydrated my skin, but unlike most bar soaps it definitely wasn't drying.

Now I want to try the body wash!
Katherine L.
Carmel, IN
I absolutely love the Dove white beauty bar. I began, here, on this site to inquire about the product. Seems the responses were few and far between. So, I sought out on my own to find the answer.

My change to a Dove bar regime was incited by not only to seek better results but to avoid ridiculously exorbanant department store products with hype and few results. Perhaps the most motivating search and discover mission was to think of both my grandmothers. Both used Dove only, and I remember the scent and advise from them each on taking care of their skin.

Although great genes are in this mix, I have just only started with the Dove beauty bar 10 days ago. I truly see a difference in my skin. It is more moisturized, vibrant and physically is softer to the touch. The "11" lines between my eyes are significantly better. Of course I've kept a healthy diet and water intake...assuming best I can. The scent is pure and a reminder of freshness and renewal. Love, love this product!
Katie G.
Arlington, MA
Let me begin with saying that I am absolutely a "dove" fan. I've had an on again off again affair with dove's soap products. I love that they are gently for my sensitive skin, nicely scented and leave my skin feeling soft. So with all that goodness, really what could be the downside? Not to get all "can't even" on y'all but I can't even with the mess that this soap makes when left in any sort of soap dish/tray. Even in the shower, away from the water the soap is so soft and gets a bit mushy when really wet (re: I'm showering, lots of water interaction). It tends to leave quite a mess wherever I keep the soap. For a product that I use everyday it's just too much work to keep clean which is a huge priority. I also find that because the soap is so soft we always (my bf and I) tend to go through it very very very fast. I find that Dr. Bronners and other similar soaps that are more firm yield better results for me overall!
Erica S.
For as long as I can remember, over 20 years, my family has always used the white bar of Dove soap. It actually is the only bar soap you'll ever find in our homes. It is very moisturizing & achieves a nice lather. It has a light clean scent that leaves your body feeling smooth and fresh. It does not have any beads or such to exfoliate, which i wish they would come out with one that did but even without that added perk, i know my skin is looking/feeling its best with Dove. I also really like how this is the only regular moisturizing bar soap on the market that you can actually wash your face with & it will not strip your skin of essential oils & nutrients and it never leaves any greasy residue or flakiness. Some soaps leave rings around the tub too and this never does. Great all around! The whole family can use it. Even my sensitive baby has no issues with it.
Shery H.
Wilmington, DE
In the soap bar world, I find this to be the least drying. Soap bars are notorious for doing that, and I also find that many soap bars, when you use them to wash your face, leave your skin with a "squeaky" or too clean feeling, which isn't very pleasant. This product, however, does not do that. It is decent enough for the face, and when rubbed onto a loofah, creates a very respectable amount of lather. The only reason why I can't rate this higher is because I believe that there are much better alternatives that work a lot more effectively to clean my face and body. It's not particularly good at removing makeup or have a particularly interesting scent. I vastly prefer using a dedicated facial cleansing gel and a body wash versus using a body bar. However, for you minimalists out there, this product is more than sufficient for your needs!
Sharon S.
This is the original bar soap from dove and I must say that although I am not an avid bar soap type of girl (I lean towards body washes), I pleasantly enjoyed this one. I use a long scrubber/towel to rinse my body and it was easy to coat it with the bar and instantly saw bubbles (I'm all for very bubbly body washes). It left me feeling clean and not dry which is a major plus! Often times body washes leave me dry and I always have to moisturizer a ton afterwards to feel replenished. With this dove bar soap, I felt clean, fresh, and moisturized! Definitely recommend this original bar soap to any users who are in the search to try one! I'm also thinking of trying out their different scented bar soaps! This one was rather mild in scent which was nice. I don't like anything too overpowering. Long story short, I recommend this!
Jamie L.
Bothell, WA
I've been using the Dove bar as a facial cleanser since I was 10 years old. I've had good skin throughout my teen/adult years and am convinced it is because of daily cleansing routine, but also with the help of Dove. I've tried facial cleansers, the fancy and not so fancy, but Dove has always been the one I return to and rely on. Though it is commercialized as a hand/body soap, it's great at removing any kind of make-up/oil and doesn't dry out my normal/dry skin. I've done a test where I've washed my face with Dove vs. a facial cleanser I was using to remove foundation and afterwards, I would use a make up remover wipe to see what was left over. By far, Dove had less make up residue than after the facial cleanser that was meant for make up removal. Great job, Dove ! Don't change. :)

ps. The smell is divine !
Rebekah C.
Hill, NH
I've been using dove beauty bar soap since I can remember. I've tried other brands and products but always come back to dove beauty bar soap. If you're like me and you have sensitive skin finding a product that works for you can be very difficult. And that is why I love dove Beauty Bar so much because it is so gentle on your skin and it also adds moisture. I absolutely love the fragrance of Dove Beauty Bar it's very simple and fresh. I also love that Dove Beauty Bar does not leave a residue on your skin. It's my go-to it will always be my go-to simply because it's very gentle and doesn't have a bunch of fragrances perfumes or colognes. My fiance had never really use Dove Beauty Bar until recently and it's the only thing he will use now
Colleen P.
Does it smell good
vanessa v.
Hesperia, CA
How good is this on sensitive skin?
han yin c.
Seattle, WA
Does it moisterize your skin or dry it out?
Marwa B.
Does it make a lot of foam?
Amanda K.
Henrico, VA
Do you like Dove bar soap or pump soap?