BY DOVE #1 in Bar Soap

Dove® Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar pampers sensitive skin with Dove® ¼ moisturizing cream, and a truly mild formula that's fragrance-free, hypoallergenic and unscented. Dove® is the #1 cleansing bar recommended by dermatologists and pediatricians.

• how soft does this make your skin feel?5 Answers
  • Dove Bar Soap - Sensitive Skin Unscented does this product really...6 Answers
  • Who included these soap in their regular face and body routine??7 Answers
Dhruwa P.
Dhruwa P.
This is a great product for my 1 year old daughter and my 2 year old son. I've been using dove products for past 7 years. Before that, I for some reason didn't buy it because I thought it was little too pricy for me but when I stayed at my in laws she gave me the dove scenter bar soap to use and I fell in love with the way it made my skin feel compare to some other bar soap and other body wash. Therefore when my little ones were born I decided to go with Dove Bar Soap-Sensitive Skin Unscented for them. I did try other baby wash in between but they didn't agree with my children's skin. My son had really bad dry skin mix with eczema but ones I went back to Dove Bar Soap-Sensitive Skin Unscented his skin started to clear up. My daughter's skin was irritated as well but her skin wasn't as bad as my son's skin. The other thing that helped was shower instead of the bath I thought they would hate showering but I was wrong. Also, their pediatrician said it's best to shower them every two to three days in winter time. if they are not getting that dirty. So in between the shower I would do something like sponge bath but instead of a songe I use wash cloth. The only reason I wrote a long review was to help someone that's looking for some help with sensitive skin care products for them or their child.
Jen S.
Jen S.
Round Lake, IL
I absolutely love the Dove Sensitive Skin Bar Soaps. While I have used them in the shower before, I actually use them in my homemade laundry detergent. It handles all of the dirt and grime that you could possibly throw at it.

First I cut a bar into chunks and throw it in the food processor to grind it down to a powder. I throw that in an old ice cream bucket and then add one cup of washing soda, 1/2 cup of Borax, 1/2 cup baking soda and 1/2 cup of an oxygen based bleach substitute. Mix this all up and use between one and two tablespoons depending on load size. This works in any temperature water (I wash all my clothes in cold).

I choose the sensitive skin version of the Dove Bar Soap because I feel it's gentler on the clothes and also my skin.

I highly recommend this product whether used the traditional way or if you want to take the opportunity to create your own home made laundry detergent!

I was able to purchase this product at a discounted rate in exchange for my honest review. While I had this opportunity, it does not influence how I feel about a product and disclose my honest opinion.
Jennie V.
Jennie V.
My dermatologist (who has the best skin I've ever seen on a 40-something woman) recommended I use Dove for washing my face. I travel a lot, and with the TSA rules, using bar soap allows me to bring lots of other products in my carry-on--substituting for both face wash and body wash. Now I never travel without a bar. My skin can be sensitive and sometimes itchy. With the Dove bar, my face and body feel clean, fresh and soft. I don't get that feeling of soap scum that I do with other bar soaps. And then when my baby's pediatrician suggested using Dove instead of one of the typically over-scented baby washes, I knew I really had a winner on my hands. Dove is much less expensive than most of the face and body products I previously used. The only small draw-back I've experienced is that using Dove products containing moisturizers leaves a thin film on your skin, which can interfere with self-tanner products. I just substitute a different was if I plan to use self-tanner.
Rachel L.
Rachel L.
San Francisco, CA
I'm obsessed with dove bar soap! I have been using it for 33 plus years. I grew up as a very competitive swimmer and had to shave my legs and body as early as 5 years old. Don't get upset about that. It really does "shave" time off your stroke. I've been shaving my legs every single day since I was 10. I'm going to be 39 this month. Dove is the ONLY BAR SOAP that doesn't leave your skin feeling thirsty for moisturizer. Or dry for that matter. Dove actually leaves your skin soft and lovely. I switch around the different types and flavors, but 8 out of 10 are sensitive bars then comes cucumber, gentle exfoliant and the regular one, but with the sensitive bar, I can use it on my face, back and chest if I want. I don't typically use suds on my face because no matter the brand that will dries out my skin because soap in general is going to clean thup oils that you want on your face. The dermatologist recommend dove body wash for your face. You can't go wrong with dove!!
Jeniffer B.
Jeniffer B.
As I was using this simple little white, unscented bar tonight on my face, I thought " i wish I could get back all the thousands of dollars I've spent on special face products before I found this stuff." Who knew? We are pushed by the media to think that we MUST use some kind of complex "system" on our faces. For me, at least, this was not true. I was stunned that a normal, plain bar of soap could be the best thing to happen to my face in many years. I'm 50 and have dry, sensitive, yet sometimes oily t-zone issues. Living in the super arid climate of Phoenix Arizona definitely adds to the need for a non-stripping cleanser. This pure soap gently cleans. I use no toners or moisturizers, and I get more compliments on my skin now than ten years ago. Amazing. No issues with it whatsoever with sensitivity, and NO tightness afterward. Inexpensive, simple, lovely. Getting back to basics never looked (or felt) so good...on my skin and in my pocketbook.
Emily M.
Emily M.
Albuquerque, NM
For a long time, my legs were covered in red bumps that just wouldn't go away, I assumed from shaving. I tried shaving creams, oils, hair conditioner, and lotions to no avail. I figured I'd just have to live with bumpy red legs.
When I visited my friend, I noticed her insanely smooth (and even-tones) legs. "HOW?" I begged her to tell me her secrets.
"Well, what do you shave with?"
"What? Like, a razor I guess."
"No, what do you use to lubricate?"
"Oh, I gave up on that."
"DUDE. USE DOVE SOAP."

I was skeptical. But man, has this soap changed my legs. They are smooth and silky, and I quickly notice a change if I forego the soap for a quick shave. The soap doesn't irritate my legs at all. And you know how "unscented" usually means "scented but not in a good way"? Not the case here. It's a mild, clean soapy smell that doesn't get in the way of the body washes and perfumes I like.

I'll be buying this soap forever, lest I lose my legs.
Tmarie A.
Tmarie A.
Tucson, AZ
LOVE THIS SOAP!!! I was using every other kind of soap and detergent bar you can think of for the longest time...always frustrated that I was itchy or stunk like some fake knock off department store "MAN Scent"..or some horrible bouquet of flowers scent that clogged up my sinuses because it smelled like someone barfed up potpourri everywhere.....UNTIL I found DOVE sensitive skin unscented soap. I mean, for crying out loud, we have scents in our clothing detergents, our shampoo, in our deodorants, not to mention our fabric softeners AND or course soaps! You can get away from the multiple layers of scents people use to try and cover up their natural scents...which usually are tough to deal with because of the foods they eat and the hygein they keep. Oh...and on top of that! ...we end up using colognes and perfumes! Seriously..it's all just too much for me. I'm having an allergic reaction just thinking about it!
Abby C.
Abby C.
Tyler, TX
When I was younger I used a generic brand bar soap, and slowly my skin started to negatively react to it. Ever since then I've had a tough time finding the right soap for my skin. After long enough, trying all the cheap products I could, I went to my dermatologist. She immediately recommended this, and let me know that it was reasonably priced. In my opinion it is a very reasonable price for the product.
This soap has done wonders for my skin, I went from dry scaly like skin to soft and moisturized skin in a matter of weeks. I wish I had discovered this product sooner. It is incredibly gentle on sensitive skin, and the unscented option is just perfect for me.
I would reccommend this product to anyone having skin issues, whether it is a young child or an adult. It is soothing for any irritated patches, and does an amazing job of cleaning and rejuvenating your skin.
Jessica A.
Jessica A.
This is the only soap I use, literally, because my skin is so sensitive. I tried switching brands or scents to switch up my shower routine... I came running back to Dove Sensitive Skin. I have eczema and this soap works great for me. When I use other brands, my skin gets really itchy. This soap does not irritate my skin. It does not really have a scent, it just smells like "clean", if that is possible. I would not say my skin feels overly moisturized with this product, but for me it is just a blessing to find a soap I am not allergic too. The soap can be pricey, but I can usually find a good deal. Each bar lasts a decent amount of time. I use it daily in the shower all over my body, but for those that are very sensitive it could easily be used as a hand soap. Great product for those with sensitive skin! Never once had an issue with my eczema.
Candice J.
Candice J.
Although I typically use a body wash, not bar soap, I recently tried Dove Bar Soap for sensitive skin, and I have to admit for a bar soap, it is very moisturizing. Like many people, my skin dries out in the winter months, so I use products with heavier moisturizers, Dove being one of them. The only reason I did not give this product a 5 is because I can only use it in the winter. During the summer, it makes my skin extremely oily, causing breakouts on my back and shoulders. So my fav and least fav thing about this product are the same - lots of moisturizer. My husband uses this soap religiously, all year around, and goes through a bar every few days. He loves it. His skin responds well to it. I would say to know your skin type and if necessary, learn how and when to cycle it so that your skin stays healthy during all months.
Melanie W.
Melanie W.
Douglasville, Ga
Is this ok to use on your face? I love the Men's face wash in the tube. Do they have a women's Dove wash in a tube?
Shannon C.
Shannon C.
Wichita, KS
What does it mean by sensitive skin? I wouldn't say I have sensitive skin, but I do have keratosis pilaris, which produces bumps on my arms and legs from my body producing too much keratin. Would using a soap like this help reduce the bumps at all?
Roxie K.
Roxie K.
Salisbury , NC
Has anyone had any negative reactions?
Esther Y.
Esther Y.
Does this dry out your skin?
Danny m.
Danny m.
Who included these soap in their regular face and body routine??