Dove & Axe Dry Spray Antiperspirants

Get superior protection and feel the cleaner difference of our all-new Dry Spray Antiperspirants from Degree Men, Degree Women, Dove, Dove Men+Care and Axe.

Ditch the ick of slick, visible residue and enjoy the 48-hour protection of an Antiperspirant spray that goes on instantly dry.

• I have never used spray deodorant, dose it give you the same prot...4 Answers
  • Has anyone had a reaction to this aerosol deodorant? In the past...3 Answers
  • does anyone know which one of these smells better... Be the first to answer!
Dove & Axe Dry Spray Antiperspirants
  • "I am giving this product three stars because though it smells great and goes on fairly dry, it claims to last 48 hours it definitely does not." in 32 reviews
  • "The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it doesn't last 48 hours for me, but since it smells good I don't mind using it every day." in 24 reviews
  • "I never would've considered a spray deodorant before, but this really does apply dry and lasts much longer than my regular stick deodorant." in 17 reviews
  • "It's a full size bottle/spray can with "MotionSense DrySpray in Fresh Energy, 48-hour anti-perspirant" printed on the front." in 16 reviews
  • "I work at a casino so I wear a halter top corset, and I was having such trouble finding a deodorant that didn't leave white marks." in 16 reviews
Veronica S.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I use dove and degree deodorant and love it! I prefer the clinical strength formulations. I like how they make so many different scents. I highly recommend this product
Fernando T.
San Antonio, TX
For years I've used Almay Hypo-Allergenic due to having sensitive underarms. I've tried other brands that claim to be for sensitive skin, but had the same results. Irritated skin, breakouts, and in some cases painful burning. But after having a difficult time finding Almay at my local stores, I decided to give Dove a try... I'm SO glad I did. Not only does it smell great, it does exactly what it says. I have a new go to antiperspirant/deodorant. Dove Men+Care Dry Spray Antiperspirant, Extra Fresh, 3.8 oz
Mariah W.
I'm a big fan of the Degree DrySprays and the Dove ones (but Degree is stronger by degree of Aluminum Chlorohydrate at 23.3%). I currently use Active Shield. The only thing is even when I'm spraying it on under my shirt, which is awesome that I can do, it kicks up under my collar and I'm suddenly suffocated by a cloud of smoke. Or, at least it feels like. It fades though, and I smell good all day in hot and cold weather. It's worth the extra dollar or so to get over a stick in more ways than one. I'm glad I can buy dry sprays in the US now, I used to only get them in the UK.
Carol G.
Topeka, KS
I signed up for Influenster about six weeks ago. I filled out all their online forms and was curious as to what would happen next. A few days before Christmas, I received my first #VoxBox via USPS and after retrieving it from the mailbox, promptly went inside to tear it open and see what product I got to review. It's a Degree brand anti-perspirant spray. The box says:

"The NEW way to STAY DRY is Finally Here! Goes on Instantly Dry for a Cleaner Feel. 48-Hour Dry Spray Antiperspirant. No Visible Residue. New at Walmart."

In initial inspection, the actual can design looks pretty snazzy and the words "dry spray" has me intrigued. Dry deodorant? Ooookay. I'm not a big fan of Degree deodorant - it hasn't worked well for me in the past but I'm willing to give this a go. It's a full size bottle/spray can with "MotionSense DrySpray in Fresh Energy, 48-hour anti-perspirant" printed on the front. The back has instructions and ingredients listed on it - along with the typical barcode and retail info. This appears to be a finished shelf-ready product - not a tester - and according to the box, already on the shelves at #Walmart.

So, I shelve the anti-persperant in the bathroom and wait till after my next shower to look at it again when I flip it over and run thru the instructions one more time before first application.

--- Psssszt! ---

Have you ever tried an aerosol deodorant or antiperspirant?? They're cold. Like a spray of vapor ice. Okay in the summer but not so much in the dead of winter. This however, did not feel like that at all. It was room temp. It was weird - if held too close to the skin (bottle recommends a distance of 6 inches) it did take on that icy coldness, but held at the proper distance, it was like spraying powder under my arms. I was skeptical. I touched it - it was slightly oily but absorbed almost immediately. This was unlike any kind of underarm stuff I'd ever tried. I doubted there would be any residue on my clothes at all - and I was right. (That's a big plus!)

I also immediately noticed how smelly this stuff is. Like you'd better have the exhaust fan running because this floralish-fruity-scent is going to get stuck in your sinuses strong. Wow. If you're sensitive to smells, I do not recommend this. My husband smelled it on me and said it was a pleasant smell and it didn't bother him.

Now, like most women, I'm picky about my smells. They have to be just right - and for me, I start out the day matching the perfume or spray to my outfit. For example, if I'm wearing yellow, I will put on Clinique 'Happy'. Green tops generally get matched with a Jasmine scent and if I'm wearing black, I go with a heavier Bath and Body 'Dark Kiss' scent. So most people probably don't get that coordinated with scents and outfits - it's one of the many odd quirks about me. And I'm totally self conscious about wearing too much smell so I generally go really light on it.

So how do I say this? ...I don't want my deodorant to be my perfume for the day! There's just something unappealing about going around smelling like my underarms! I mean - Yuck! Yes, really, this stuff is that strong. And yes, it does last 48 hours. I was stunned.

You see, I had a bunch of time off work around Christmas so I tested it - I skipped a shower every other day for four days. (Dry winter days in Kansas and daily showers = super dry flaky skin. Any chance to not have to shower is taken.) The "Fresh Energy" scent was still there at the end of 48 hours - and as far as I could tell it wasn't covering up stinky smells underneath. It actually just stopped them entirely. So, very smelly, but pretty effective if you don't want to or don't have to bathe/shower every day. (As normally, I do.)

So, other than that, the only other thing I have to add to this review is this does seem to dry out the skin a bit. Worth it though if you have gym class, or work out after a day at the office or are traveling. Every day use for me though will probably not happen - at least not with this scent. There are others in the "Dry Spray" line including a Dove and AXE variety you may want to check out. I think this product will probably do quite well on the market, all things considered.

I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.

Would you like to be an Influenster? Visit THIS LINK to learn more!
ExoticAsianGoddess L.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Dove & Axe Dry Spray Antiperspirants Degree, dove, and axe Antiperspirant in Cool Comfort scent provides powerful, long-lasting protection against sweat. Activated by your body heat, Degree Dry Protection Antiperspirant protects you for up to 48-hours--even when your body is hard at work. The smooth citrus scent helps you feel fresh.
Deloreen P.
Atlanta, GA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I received he Dove Nourished Beauty Dry Spray Antiperspirant last month and I decided to spend that weekend trying it out and putting it through some grueling tests.

I started testing the antiperspirant the minute I got it on Friday just to see what it felt like and to get an idea of the smell. I already had Dove deodorant (Invisible Solid) on so I kinda just layered the dry spray on top of that for testing purposes that day. I quickly got a hang of the spraying part pretty easily, and managed not to spray myself in the eye. I was pleasantly surprised by the smell. Having used Dove deodorant regularly I was expecting the smell to be the same, but to me it smelled better than my regular Dove deodorant! It’s not too strong but not too weak neither, definitely a scent that you would like on a daily basis. There was a bit of a drying time, with any sort of “wet” deodorant/antiperspirant there will be. It was just about 10-15 seconds, so it wasn't a big deal.

The next day, Saturday, my boyfriend and I went to the gym. Since he was running low on deodorant I decided to make him my male guinea pig and try it out on him. I also sprayed some of the Dove dry spray on before the gym. I mostly did some weights at the gym, while my boyfriend played two games of full court basketball. We both went to the Sauna room for 5-10 minutes afterwards to relax. Surprisingly the Dove dry spray held up VERY well. My boyfriend is 6’4″, over 250lbs and sweats a lot but he didn't really smell at all. Unless you shoved your face in his armpit you would have no idea that he had just been playing basketball for almost an hour. For myself I smelled pretty darn fresh myself, and I was definitely getting a good sweat in at the sauna. So that test was a success!

Over the rest of the weekend I didn't do too much activity but I did use the Dove dry spray the entire time. It’s really growing on me because it’s convenient, efficient and as I said before I love the smell! I will continue to use it until the can runs out, and I will seriously consider buying it again.

A month later, I still use it daily and I still love it!!
Angela H.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
The Unilever Dry Spray for men and woman was a challenging as it could be to say something nice... The woman's spray was a nice clean smell but the button made it difficult to spray in the direction you needed it...I wish someone would of told me that taking Yoga classes prior to attempting to spray it on would of helped me... I don't think I would of wasted my time even trying it...
Also when my husband tried on the Mens version of it, it reminded me of when Nirvana's *Smells Like Teen Spirit* came onto the scene in 1991, I wondered what the heck they were talking about. It took 20 years for me to finally figure it out what they were talking about - Middle School BO. I teach 7th Grade and not a day goes by that a can of Axe is being passed around the room by the boys and sprayed with a ferocity that would make a fireman jealous. The aerosol haze of fragrance is first an attack on the bystaner's eyes - one shouldn't be able to see "fragrance" after it has left its fragrance vessel. Next it is an attack on the bystanders' olfactory as the pungent smell of spicy musk intermingles with the body odor emitting from the tweenager who is "too cool for old man deodorants". Nirvana this is not! Save yourself, your friends and especially the girls in the class who are too polite to tell you that you stink to your face - you stink, and blasting yourself with This crap is not helping!
Kelsi K.
Vernon Hills, IL
I really like using these! They're not as great as clinical strength, but they are light and easy to use. Fairly effective compared to a normal strength deodorant. I do have to apply twice a day, but I continue to buy. I switch between Degree & Dove. Leave me feeling smooth and fresh
Andrele d.
O desodorante espray da Dove é o meu favorito, pelo conforto e praticidade além da segurança de longa duração do produto. Eu adoro a linha dove intercalo os diferentes tipos do desodorante. Ainda não testei a linha Clinical, mas logo testarei e terei uma opinião sobre para compartilhar.
Bethany S.
Lexington, NC
So not too long ago right about the holidays I received the influenster voxbox for the Unilever Try Dry Box, it contained the Degree Dry Spray for me to try. I have been curious about dry and aerosol deodorant for awhile but had yet to jump on the chance to try it. So I’ve been wearing it for a few days to really give it a good test run, while at home and while at work. I’m going to make a pros and cons list.

Pros: It really is dry, it smells really good and clean without being too overwhelming, it lasts minimum 24 hours with a scent of fresh still working, the lock mechanism is easy to use and it doesn’t seem to take much or spray a lot of excess product, I think I’ve noticed less sweat over my day as well.

Cons: It can go on a tad cold for just a second, and it can spray a bit powdery, and for those who don’t shave their armpits ladies or men it can clump around the hair but not in a way that’s gross to look at or painful to get out. Those are the only cons I have so far.

The price seems to be decent for the product despite that I received this specific product for product testing purposes. I think I would try it again, I’m going to continue to use this product as it seems really useful and good so far!
Mariah M.
La Plata
Does this actually work?
Nicole G.
I got the Degree spray in my Vox Box - was the Dove scent lighter/bearable?
Debbie G.
I wonder how the degree spay compares to the dove spray?
Katherine F.
Orchard Park, NY
What type did you receive from your voxbox?
Dan Aarika S.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
This is the first spray a deodorant I have tried. I am pleased, but honestly didn't know spray deodorants were available from anyone. Did anyone else know sprays were on the market?