BY DOS EQUIS #5 in Beer

Dos Equis was created in Mexico in 1897 by a German brew master, who blended his brewing heritage with the spirit of Mexican traditions. Originally called Siglo XX to celebrate the arrival of the 20th century it later became known as just Dos Equis (or simply two X's in Spanish). Dos Equis Lager Especial is a crisp and golden lager from Mexico, with just the right balance of flavor and refreshment. see more...

Victoria V.
Look: brilliant straw gold with rapidly rising bubbles and a 3" white foam collar with fair to good retention

Smell: mild aroma of flowers, hop earthiness, light fruit, light corn, light cracker and bread dough

Taste: light corn sweetness, faint apple, light cracker and bread dough finished with a slight tartness and a mild bitterness

Feel: moderately creamy with a medium light body, medium high carbonation and a crisp finish

Overall: You are drinking this because you are in a Mexican restaurant and this is the only beer on the menu you recognize. You are not drinking this for its quality.
Catherine R.
I love Dos Equis Lager Especial!  It has the best flavor but isn't heavy at all.  I buy the 12 pack of bottles at our local Publix and when we get home from work if my husband and I only want one drink we grab a Dos Equis instead of opening a bottle of wine.  We also order it at our local Mexican restaurant where you can get a large draft for $4.00.  I add lime to it when I get it draft.  Unlike other Mexican beers however, it doesn't need it.  The flavor is delicious and refreshing without the lime.  The lime just adds a nice touch.  It is reasonably priced and can be found in bottles and cans in most major grocery stores.
Mimi E.
Avon, OH
Review for: Placeholder Mexican
My husband and I love this beer! The price is great, not the cheapest one out there but definitely average which makes it’s affordable! The taste is great! We don’t need a lime with it yet love to add one! We don’t but it every day but definitely order it every time we eat at a Mexican restaurant!
Elena S.
Plainview, NY
Review for: Bottle
Not a big fan or beer but this is my all time favorite. I like light beers so I usually stick to bud light or Coors Light. But I was recommended Dos Equis and it was the perfect one for me ! Just the right amount of light mixed with beer taste!
Donna C.
Weslaco, TX
I love to drink this Dos Equis beer with a little bit of lime and chill powder on it, it gives it a good taste to it. This beer is not as strong flavor like other beers I really like this beer allot it's my favorite and I highly recommend it!!!!
Celina Z.
San Antonio , TX
They’re good they’re good They’re good they’re good They’re good they’re good They’re good they’re good They’re good they’re good They’re good they’re good They’re good they’re good They’re good they’re good They’re good they’re good
Christy M.
Dallas, TX
I’m giving this 4 stars because it is the BEST beer to use in a Michelada! It’s light with just the right body for highlighting the brightness of the limes and Zing Zang while keeping the acidity from turning your drink sharp. Throw in a couple olives (okay, 5 - who are we kidding), 3 dashes of chipotle Tobasco, and a Tony Chacheries salted half-rim all over ice, and The Most Interesting Man in the World will be asking YOU how to make one.
Julia C.
Katy
Love fos equis. It’s my go to for gifting to others. I purchase at my local Spec’s. Scrumptious til the last drop. No complaints. I will always purchase party after party. Good to drink while cooking or enjoying company
Ricco C.
Las Vegas, NV
To be fair, my favourite type of beer. However it does taste like what it should. Watery, odourless and no carbonation. On pouring it in the glass very fast to make a head, the head lasted about 45 seconds in a clean glass. appears flat after head dissipates. Colour is pale golden and clear. Smell is more light malt without the aroma of hops. Taste is light body and flavour. Easy drinking if you want to drink a few more without feeling full
Hudson C.
North Richland Hills
Right now, this is the beer I will ask for when I belly up for the first time. Its drinkable and refreshing - I like mine with a lime. Bottle, can or tap the delivery method doesn't seem to matter for me when drinking a XX. Some people don't like it but I don't care if it doesn't have the character or pedigree of some other beers. I like it for what it is: light, drinkable and decently inexpensive.
Stephers Y.
Grants Pass, OR
Which one is better this or heinakin
Savannah E.
Crescent city,ca
Is this beer all that everyone says it is?
Brenda M.
Albuquerque, NM
XX OR TECATE? ive only ever tried tecates
Jani T.
What's the best: corona or dos Equis?
Shemorell R.
Is this beer as good as everyone keeps saying? Is it similar to the taste of a corona