Dos Equis® Ambar Beer 12 fl. oz. Bottle uploaded by Viviana M.Dos Equis® Ambar Beer 12 fl. oz. Bottle uploaded by Andrea W.

BY DOS EQUIS #60 in Beer

Dos Equis was created in Mexico in 1897 by a German brew master, who blended his brewing heritage with the spirit of Mexican traditions. Originally called Siglo XX to celebrate the arrival of the 20th century it later became known as just Dos Equis (or simply two X's in Spanish), Dos Equis Ambar is a full flavored yet, surprisingly smooth amber-colored lager from Mexico that is easy to drink with a clean finish. see more...

Yana S.
Yana S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I bought this on a whim, and it sat in the fridge for a month until I tried it. It was a bottled beer. This beer has a very traditional lager smell and taste. It can blend in with the rest of the crowd. It does have a little bit of a dry after taste, which is nothing different than other lagers. It's not anything too special but it's something that isn't terrible. It's not what I expected, it tastes like an American lager no matter what what the label says. I'd recommend it, but it's not my number one. It's decent, thats it.
Patricia G.
Patricia G.
Bethesda, MD
Dos Equis Amber Beer is one my favorite beer brands! It is rich, but light, full-bodied but easy on my digestive tract. We order it in multiples, as our guests always enjoy it too. It is a beer that never disappoints, and I recommend it to everyone (especially my female friends who often don't appreciate the darker, stronger beers)!
Chelsea H.
Chelsea H.
Boise, ID
I'm not a huge beer drinker. I prefer wine or cocktails. But this is one that I actually love! It's not too "hoppy" or bitter. I'm not sure exactly how people describe the taste of beer because as I said I'm not an expert, but this one is great for someone who likes lighter beer. The price is pretty average as far as beer goes too.
Brittany A.
Brittany A.
Avondale, AZ
Great flavor! I LOVE mexican amber beers. If you like the original dos equis and you also like some darker beers it worth giving it a try. I find it tastes very similar to the original, however it is a little richer. I enjoy the rich flavor more than the original. You have to drink dos equis with salt and a lime!
Gina R.
Gina R.
Phoenix, AZ
YAS!!!! Two X's is M FAVORITE Mexican beer - Amber and Lauger. Super refreshing, no weird aftertaste, none of that metallic BS either, just a nice smooth beer. Two x's is hands down one of the best, I dont think it gets enough credit. I dont always drink Mexican beers, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis.
Sarah Brianne K.
Sarah Brianne K.
Torrance, CA
The Ambar is a little heavier in my personal taste than the regular XX but still an enjoyable beer. We will get this for summer parties, though I sometimes prefer a simple Corona Light, especially if it is hot out. If you're looking to change things up, it's a decent beer to try.
Jillian S.
Jillian S.
Fayetteville, AR
I don't drink it but my boyfriend does. He likes to drink this beer when we go to Mexican restraints or have taco night at home. Typically a lime gets mixed in and he likes it a lot (he likes a lot of beers) but this is the only Mexican import that he drinks (which means a lot).
Dana R.
Dana R.
Dekalb, IL
Great beer to enjoy with a meal or on a cold day. This is a fuller tasting beer with a great flavor. My favorite way to drink it is cold out of the tap. It's great with fresh chips and salsa. Bottles are a little higher in price, but the flavor is worth it.
Kourtney W.
Kourtney W.
Ann Arbor, MI
This is a great light beer. I really enjoy it if I'm not sure what I want to drink. I usually drink it at Mexican restaurants but have bought it from local grocery stores too. This is my favorite Mexican beer. I would definitely recommend it to others.
Cassie D.
Cassie D.
Vail, AZ
We love this beer! Whenever we go to our friends for a BBQ, we always have to pick up a case. Our friends usually have the lager, but we prefer this dark one. The taste is crisp and refreshing and this is one we always have stocked in our home.