BY DORITOS® #14 in Chips

The DORITOS brand is all about boldness. If you're up to the challenge, grab a bag of DORITOS tortilla chips and get ready to make some memories you won't soon forget. It's a bold experience in snacking and beyond. see more...

• Favorite flavor of doritos? Mine would have to be cool ra...11 Answers
  • What is your favorite kind of Doritos? Nacho cheese or co...28 Answers
  • Favorite type of Doritos ? Cool ranch are mine 7 Answers
Kira B.
Watertown
I can actually remember when Doritos Cool Ranch chips came out in 1987. A stark contrast from their Nacho Cheese cousins, these chips had some serious kick that in all honesty doesn’t remind me of ranch dressing. Names aside (they were “Cooler Ranch” at some point), my co-reviewer summed up the same way I felt the first time I tried them very quickly, “Wow!”Doritos Cool Ranch chips have come in a blue bag for as long as I can remember, making them easy to spot on the shelf. Their current bag is very simple and features an image of two of the chips and you can even spot the multicolored seasoning on them! As opposed to Lay’s Classic, which go great with anything, I personally love that Cool Ranch Doritos are perfect on their own.I sampled these right after having some nacho cheese Doritos and was immediately reminded of the contrast between the two. The Cool Ranch chips have a strong and instant kick to them. At first you get a hint of cheese but it is then followed by a combination of vinegar and onion and a strong but not face puckering garlic taste. These are all then followed by the enjoyable taste of the corn chip itself. Each bite has equal seasoning and not one chip felt like it was lacking in flavor. Even though at times the flavoring can taste artificial it makes them no less tasty and may even be why you find yourself wanting more!Frito Lay makes many different flavors nowadays but as one of their staple flavors, in fact they even mix flavors in bags now, but Cool Ranch Doritos will always remain as one of the two original “flavored tortilla chip” flavors. A corn chip that requires no dip, Cool Ranch stand on their own as one of the tastiest chips you can find on the market. They are definitely a Must Munch
Michelle H.
Oh my gosh these take me right back to high school haha. My 90s school bus riding days in particular when I would rip open the blue bag of ranch Doritos at the end of a school day. I've always been a big Doritos fan, and Cool Ranch Doritos seems to always slightly edge out Nacho Cheese Doritos as my favorite flavor. I love their crispy, crunchy texture, their corn tortilla taste, the saltiness and of course the ranch spice on my taste buds. The only thing that always bugged me about ranch Doritos was that I felt like the seasoning was very inconsistent throughout the bag. Thus you would get one chip with lots of ranch spice and one chip with practically no spice. Then again the cheese ones can be that way too. I find that the newer, bolder flavors tend to have more seasoning. I wish more attention would be paid in terms of quality control toward the classic flavors.
Latisha M.
Westminster, CA
I buy for the family and I have to say doritos is the most requested from my boyfriend and daughter. Love the video variety and how they are always making new flavors. I would give anything to have Flamin' Hot Doritos, I'm still sad they dont sell them and they've been gone for like 15 years their Flamas is NOT THE SAME THING.DORITOS® COOL RANCH® Flavored Tortilla ChipsDoritos® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla ChipsDoritos® Spicy Sweet Chili Flavored Tortilla ChipsDoritos® Spicy Nacho Flavored Tortilla Chips
Indiana L.
Bakersfield, CA
“Cool Ranch” is not an adequate description of how this product actually tastes; it carries with it a sour flavor reminiscent of sour cream and onion with a hint of ranch, instead of ranch itself being the dominant flavor. I’ve also found that, out of the majority of Doritos products, this one has a tendency to leave traces of the flavor in the mouth for extended periods of time, even if one has consumed other food or liquids afterward. The aftertaste is odd as well.
Brandy R.
Windsor, KY
Who doesn’t love Doritos!! The cool ranch ones are definitely a favorite for me and my kids!! The packaging is flashy and inviting and sticks out more than most! They are so flavorful and rich! I love that they are so coated with ranch flavoring. They are so tasty!! I love them and I would most definitely recommend them!! Especially if your a ranch dressing fan!! They are delicious!👍
Evelyn H.
This chips are so good it has a different kind of flavor that I can explain that is specific lol it has some little bit of ranch because I never had taste of it this chips aren’t healthy but they are also not that bad your healty I think because it doesn’t have so many chemicals like the other kinds of chip i eat this chips with a sandwich or when I’m watching a movie I recommend you to buy this to taste flavor yaya lol
Marissa L.
Who doesn’t love doritos?! Especially when you wanna make chicken enchiladas! Although im not sure what ingredients are in them, and i dont know about the pros and cons, but they’re the best chips for when you just lying around and wanna snack! You can get this tasty chips at almost anywhere that sells food, if you dont know what chips to get when you want them i would highly recommend you to get these!
Maira Alejandra M.
Silver spring, MD
My husband is addicted to these chips. I love that I could get a huge box of them for a reasonable price without having to fight traffic and lines at the store.

I had to go back and change rating to 4 stars because of the expiration date on the chips. We pack them for lunches (one a day) and we’re unable to finish them before the expiration date (which was 3 weeks after the chips arrived in the mail).
Kala G.
Dixon springs, TN
Doritos knows what they are doing when it comes to chips. The bold flavor they strive for is always met! From snack time to picnics at the park these are great to have with you!! They taste soooo delicious! You can grab these from just about  any store that sells groceries, the taste is unforgettable! If you give these a try you will not be disappointed (but you must love chips)! @Doritos!
Kelsea S.
Chesterfield, VA
These have been my favorite flavor and brand of chips for years and years. I love ranch, and the season they out on this is like a zesty kind of ranch, it’s really delicious. They are inexpensive and I purchase mine from Wal-Mart, or if on the go at a convenience store, cause I find myself really craving these at times! DORITOS® COOL RANCH® Flavored Tortilla Chips Yummmmmmy!
Chloe M.
Meadow path , Airdrie
What is your favorite flavor of Doritos?
Lauren C.
Pineville, LA
What is your favorite kind of Doritos? Nacho cheese or cool ranch??
Gabrielle C.
Monroe, NC
These or sweet chili
Brenda O.
San Diego, CA
What kind of flavor do u like?
. ..