BY DORITOS® #12 in Chips

The DORITOS brand is all about boldness. If you're up to the challenge, grab a bag of DORITOS tortilla chips and get ready to make some memories you won't soon forget. It's a bold experience in snacking and beyond. see more...

• Favorite flavor of doritos? Mine would have to be cool ra...11 Answers
  • What is your favorite kind of Doritos? Nacho cheese or co...28 Answers
  • Favorite type of Doritos ? Cool ranch are mine 8 Answers
Kira B.
Watertown
I can actually remember when Doritos Cool Ranch chips came out in 1987. A stark contrast from their Nacho Cheese cousins, these chips had some serious kick that in all honesty doesn’t remind me of ranch dressing. Names aside (they were “Cooler Ranch” at some point), my co-reviewer summed up the same way I felt the first time I tried them very quickly, “Wow!”Doritos Cool Ranch chips have come in a blue bag for as long as I can remember, making them easy to spot on the shelf. Their current bag is very simple and features an image of two of the chips and you can even spot the multicolored seasoning on them! As opposed to Lay’s Classic, which go great with anything, I personally love that Cool Ranch Doritos are perfect on their own.I sampled these right after having some nacho cheese Doritos and was immediately reminded of the contrast between the two. The Cool Ranch chips have a strong and instant kick to them. At first you get a hint of cheese but it is then followed by a combination of vinegar and onion and a strong but not face puckering garlic taste. These are all then followed by the enjoyable taste of the corn chip itself. Each bite has equal seasoning and not one chip felt like it was lacking in flavor. Even though at times the flavoring can taste artificial it makes them no less tasty and may even be why you find yourself wanting more!Frito Lay makes many different flavors nowadays but as one of their staple flavors, in fact they even mix flavors in bags now, but Cool Ranch Doritos will always remain as one of the two original “flavored tortilla chip” flavors. A corn chip that requires no dip, Cool Ranch stand on their own as one of the tastiest chips you can find on the market. They are definitely a Must Munch
Crystal D.
These are my favorite chips.  The only thing I don't like is whenever you get a bag and it doesn't have a lot of the stuff they put on the chip to flavor it.  I love it when I get a bag that is full of the stuff.  Sometimes you get a bag like that and it's wonderful and you have lots of seasoning on the chips!  It's wonderful!  BUT then, you have other bags and there is hardly no seasoning at all.  I wish there was more consistency, although I love the bags that are over-seasoned, but hate it when I get a bag that is not really seasoned and a bunch of bland chips.
Michelle H.
Oh my gosh these take me right back to high school haha. My 90s school bus riding days in particular when I would rip open the blue bag of ranch Doritos at the end of a school day. I've always been a big Doritos fan, and Cool Ranch Doritos seems to always slightly edge out Nacho Cheese Doritos as my favorite flavor. I love their crispy, crunchy texture, their corn tortilla taste, the saltiness and of course the ranch spice on my taste buds. The only thing that always bugged me about ranch Doritos was that I felt like the seasoning was very inconsistent throughout the bag. Thus you would get one chip with lots of ranch spice and one chip with practically no spice. Then again the cheese ones can be that way too. I find that the newer, bolder flavors tend to have more seasoning. I wish more attention would be paid in terms of quality control toward the classic flavors.
Latisha M.
Corona, CA
I buy for the family and I have to say doritos is the most requested from my boyfriend and daughter. Love the video variety and how they are always making new flavors. I would give anything to have Flamin' Hot Doritos, I'm still sad they dont sell them and they've been gone for like 15 years their Flamas is NOT THE SAME THING.DORITOS® COOL RANCH® Flavored Tortilla ChipsDoritos® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla ChipsDoritos® Spicy Sweet Chili Flavored Tortilla ChipsDoritos® Spicy Nacho Flavored Tortilla Chips
Maira Alejandra M.
Silver Spring , MD
My husband is addicted to these chips. I love that I could get a huge box of them for a reasonable price without having to fight traffic and lines at the store.

I had to go back and change rating to 4 stars because of the expiration date on the chips. We pack them for lunches (one a day) and we’re unable to finish them before the expiration date (which was 3 weeks after the chips arrived in the mail).
Brittanee G.
Zeba
Doritos are a big thing in my household!! Can't keep a bag in the house no longer than 2 days!! The flavor & crunch is on of the best! Although I have grown up on Doritos, I personally no longer go for these all the time like my son does!! But the cooler ranch kind is my personal fav!! Can never go wrong with a bag of these chips!! Darn it!! Now I want to go to the grocery store for some chips!!😂😂
Kelsea S.
Chesterfield, VA
These have been my favorite flavor and brand of chips for years and years. I love ranch, and the season they out on this is like a zesty kind of ranch, it’s really delicious. They are inexpensive and I purchase mine from Wal-Mart, or if on the go at a convenience store, cause I find myself really craving these at times! DORITOS® COOL RANCH® Flavored Tortilla Chips Yummmmmmy!
Becca B.
Ocala
Great flavor. If your chip has enough dust on it. Most of the chips in the bag have little to no flavoring on them. You typically hit the jackpot closer to the end of the bag. I understand after being packaged and shipped this is bound to happen. Just wish there was a better way to keep the flavor on the chip. If I wanted a bag of plain tortilla chips I would have purchased that.
Carmen A.
Kissimmee, FL
This is by far the best ranch chips in the world!! I love them with sour cream!! Just plain sour cream and they taste amazing!! Also just a little tip: when your making your loaded nachos instead of using plain tortilla chips use these!! You wont be dissapointed!!
Bonita S.
Parkville
These taste like ranch. Like if you dipped your finger into a package of Hidden Valley Ranch powder mix and tasted that. I use to really enjoy these chips but recently it seems like the ranch is too overpowering. And that’s just my option I’m not really a big ranch fan anyway, so if your someone who really really loves the taste of ranch than you’d probably enjoy these a lot!
Chloe M.
Meadow path , Airdrie
What is your favorite flavor of Doritos?
Lauren C.
Pineville , LA
What is your favorite kind of Doritos? Nacho cheese or cool ranch??
Gabrielle C.
Monroe, NC
These or sweet chili
Brenda O.
San Diego, CA
What kind of flavor do u like?
. ..