BY DOMINO/ADA

Arctic Monkeys: Alex Turner (vocals, guitar); Jamie Cook (guitar); Andy Nicholson (bass guitar); Matt Helders (drums).Audio Mixer: Jim Abbiss. Recording information: 2 Fly Studio, Sheffield, England; Telstar Studios, Munich, Germany; The Chapel Studio, Lincolnshire, England. Photographers: Andy Brown; Alexandra Wolkowicz. Reportedly the fastest-selling debut in British history at the time of its early-2006 release, the Arctic Monkeys' WHATEVER PEOPLE SAY I AM, THAT'S WHAT I'M NOT is a brash, hook-filled album that immediately warrants music fans' attention, if perhaps not all of the pre-release hype. Clearly taking notes on the evolution of U.K. punk, the Sheffield-based band reveal the influence of revered predecessors such as the Jam and the Clash, while most notably evoking the Libertines in their youthful, hood-rat persona. On this hyperactive 13-track set, singer/guitarist Alex Turner is armed with an arsenal of sharply observed middle-class narratives (a la the Streets), which are propelled by wiry guitar lines and formidable rhythms that, at times, verge on funk (see Bloc Party). Highlights of this much-lauded disc include the raucous "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor," the woozy "Riot Van" (one of the record's few quieter moments), and the lurching "When the Sun Goes Down." Like Franz Ferdinand's scruffier (and considerably less effete) kid brothers, the Arctic Monkeys prove that the hyperbole of the U.K. music press occasionally has roots in an impressive reality. see more...

Natalia S.
Secovce
One of my favourite AM records. I love all of their stuff because the band gives a beautiful insight on life and also is very good to listen while doing basically anything. I have some beautiful memories that are attached to their songs!
Emily W.
One of my favourite albums arctic monkeys sure know how to recycle old sounds and build it into something new and beautiful
Chill vibes all around
Biggest fan
Would recommend listening to 10/10

Karen P.
Bogotá
Wonderful lyrics, Alex as always with an amazing deep voice. "Mardy bum" is my favorite song from this album, I highly recommend it.
Julieta R.
Santiago de Chile
I'm a big fan of AM, they have unique music and Alex's voice is so special... this one for sure is one of my favorite albums.
Amanda B.
Belém do Pará
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Mais um cd do Arctic que ouvi durante meu ensino médio inteiro! Faixas muito animadas minha favorita é Mary Burn
raquel a.
Calle foso 32 1f aranjuez
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Estsbjdud duwd ue due eebwuew ue eued ued ued uevdhevske duwd use jw duwd uwe beue djw
Stephanie M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is so good! I think everyone should check it out on YouTube or on itunes
melissa m.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Great great great. if this is your style then you will definitely enjoy it.
Laurilyn V.
San Francisco, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
What's your favorite song?
Rebecca F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What is your favorite arctic monkey album?
Patricia O.
Decatur, IL
What song on this album is your favorite
Ninoshka U.
Doral, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Which song would you recommend ?
Antumn M.
Nesbit, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is this? What artist his music related to?