BY DOMINO/ADA

Arctic Monkeys: Alex Turner (vocals, guitar); Jamie Cook (guitar); Andy Nicholson (bass guitar); Matt Helders (drums).Audio Mixer: Jim Abbiss. Recording information: 2 Fly Studio, Sheffield, England; Telstar Studios, Munich, Germany; The Chapel Studio, Lincolnshire, England. Photographers: Andy Brown; Alexandra Wolkowicz. Reportedly the fastest-selling debut in British history at the time of its early-2006 release, the Arctic Monkeys' WHATEVER PEOPLE SAY I AM, THAT'S WHAT I'M NOT is a brash, hook-filled album that immediately warrants music fans' attention, if perhaps not all of the pre-release hype. Clearly taking notes on the evolution of U.K. punk, the Sheffield-based band reveal the influence of revered predecessors such as the Jam and the Clash, while most notably evoking the Libertines in their youthful, hood-rat persona. On this hyperactive 13-track set, singer/guitarist Alex Turner is armed with an arsenal of sharply observed middle-class narratives (a la the Streets), which are propelled by wiry guitar lines and formidable rhythms that, at times, verge on funk (see Bloc Party). Highlights of this much-lauded disc include the raucous "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor," the woozy "Riot Van" (one of the record's few quieter moments), and the lurching "When the Sun Goes Down." Like Franz Ferdinand's scruffier (and considerably less effete) kid brothers, the Arctic Monkeys prove that the hyperbole of the U.K. music press occasionally has roots in an impressive reality. see more...

Emily L.
Pittsburgh, PA
One of my all time favorite albums! Arctic Monkeys never fail to impress! Hoping to get more music from them soon
Theresa L.
Artic Monkeys have great sound. They are just an amazing band. I like this album and AM. Give it a listen.
Krysta M.
Brilliant album that will never get old! So many classic songs with amazing lyrics! Highly recommend
Amanda C.
This is a great album! I used to listen to it all the time. Need to download some of these songs asap
Patricia O.
Decatur, IL
Wow that's what I'm not this is a fantastic album great lyrics beautiful voices I recommend this one
Heather R.
Yes yes yes! Another classic album! This album has so many plays by me it’s embarrassing!
Taylor J.
This is great. I love it. I would recommend it to anyone. It's awesome. I love music.
Ivy P.
Baltimore, MD
Attic monkeys is such a great band. I got this cd and it's on replay all the time.
Estefany Z.
OMG, I love Arctic Monkeys and this is one of my favorite albums, and it is my favorite band in the world, is such a good band. They are perfect. I love Alex so much his voice is perfect!!!
Olivia W.
Arctic Monkeys are my favourite band, and it's all down to this album. My parents used to play songs from this album in the car when they first came out and I think that had a major influence over my opinion of this band today. I absolutely love all their songs!
Laurilyn V.
San Francisco, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
What's your favorite song?
Rebecca S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What is your favorite arctic monkey album?
Patricia O.
Decatur, IL
What song on this album is your favorite
Ninoshka U.
Doral, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Which song would you recommend ?
Antumn M.
Nesbit, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is this? What artist his music related to?