BY DOMINO/ADA

Arctic Monkeys: Alex Turner (vocals, guitar); Jamie Cook (guitar); Andy Nicholson (bass guitar); Matt Helders (drums).Audio Mixer: Jim Abbiss. Recording information: 2 Fly Studio, Sheffield, England; Telstar Studios, Munich, Germany; The Chapel Studio, Lincolnshire, England. Photographers: Andy Brown; Alexandra Wolkowicz. Reportedly the fastest-selling debut in British history at the time of its early-2006 release, the Arctic Monkeys' WHATEVER PEOPLE SAY I AM, THAT'S WHAT I'M NOT is a brash, hook-filled album that immediately warrants music fans' attention, if perhaps not all of the pre-release hype. Clearly taking notes on the evolution of U.K. punk, the Sheffield-based band reveal the influence of revered predecessors such as the Jam and the Clash, while most notably evoking the Libertines in their youthful, hood-rat persona. On this hyperactive 13-track set, singer/guitarist Alex Turner is armed with an arsenal of sharply observed middle-class narratives (a la the Streets), which are propelled by wiry guitar lines and formidable rhythms that, at times, verge on funk (see Bloc Party). Highlights of this much-lauded disc include the raucous "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor," the woozy "Riot Van" (one of the record's few quieter moments), and the lurching "When the Sun Goes Down." Like Franz Ferdinand's scruffier (and considerably less effete) kid brothers, the Arctic Monkeys prove that the hyperbole of the U.K. music press occasionally has roots in an impressive reality. see more...

Jessica I.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Yes!!! this is my favorite album by the arctic monkeys. MY favorite song from here is riot van. I recommend everyone to listen to AM, they're amazing!
ian m.
Guyton, GA
Amazing band! every song on this album and any other is worth a listen! My favorite song on this album would have to be When The Sun Goes Down.
Regina P.
Dallas, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Arctic Monkeys are one of my all time favorite bands and this album is some of their best work. If you get a chance to see them live, DO IT!
Olivia A.
Rockford , IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Amazing! I would recommend this to everyone! you will love it! not much you can say you have to listen to it yourself! highly recommend
Fatima C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
They started out strong yet they kept getting better and better. The Arctic Monkeys are my most favorite band in the world.
Jennifer B.
Henderson, NV
I freaking love the arctic monkeys. I recommend this album a lot. If you're an indie rock fan, you gotta have this album.
Zuleyma D.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love this album from artic monkeys their old stuff is so amazing makes me wonder how can an individual be so talented .
Priscilla P.
Margate, FL
I love Arctic Monkeys and would actually recommend any of their albums to anyone! They are just good music in general !
Lauren E.
Greensboro, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is probably the Arctic Monkeys best album besides their newest AM. It has a different sound but it's so nice.
Cynthia S.
Santa Clarita, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
AMAZING. one word that is all, no words can explain how much I love this album. oh and also Alex turner is sexy!
Laurilyn V.
San Francisco, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
What's your favorite song?
Rebecca F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What is your favorite arctic monkey album?
Patricia O.
Decatur, IL
What song on this album is your favorite
Ninoshka U.
Doral, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Which song would you recommend ?
Antumn M.
Nesbit, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is this? What artist his music related to?