Mahlik J.
Charleston
I have been dragging my feet on ordering this one for awhile. It was sitting on my wish list, looking me in the face every time I checked the list. Finally took the plunge, making sure that it was shipped and sold by Amazon. (If you are going to order fragrance online, please stick to verified retailers, or in this case Amazon. When you use third party sellers, you assume the risk involved regarding fake, old stock, etc.) For those who aren't aware, *always* check your batch code when ordering fragrance online. Simply search online for fragrance or cosmetic batch code validation. Find your product's batch code. Plug it into the required field, and voila, it will do two things. 1) verify authenticity, and 2) give you shelf life. I have found that most of my fragrances purchased online via Amazon or Sephora will be manufactured 2-5 months predating my order. I have attached a photo of the batch code for those wondering what the heck I am talking about. Also, I realize that these batch codes can easily be faked, but think about the logistics involved. A forger isn't likely to spend the time, money, and effort to fake the individual batch code. Boxes, yes. Bottles, yes. The fragrance itself, yes. But the batch code sticker is the least likely to be faked, especially since some are actually engraved into the bottle.

So far, I am very pleased with the scent. I have tested it in the department store, but for the $45 dollar price difference, I found Amazon was the way to go. Great light scent, ideal for spring/summer. Definitely has an aquatic feel, but a bit more spicy and mature than Acqua Di Gio. I like the way that D&G scents are blended, as I wear several. I also tried several of the flankers to Light Blue, (Swimming in Lipari, etc... but couldn't get over the harshness of the ambergris). This is definitely my favorite of the group. It blends the aquatics and sea salt very well. It actually reminds me trips to Florida and the beach when I was younger.