Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD #74 in Beer

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Emily D.
As the only beer that actually hydrated the drinker, this beer is intriguing. A lot of science went into its creation. Unfortunately, it often sells out at bars and bottle shops, making getting a six pack for Home a little difficult.
shayna f.
Philadelphia, PA
Very sour beer, but when you get into it, its just so good. It quenches your thirst and actually is made to keep you hydrated on hot summer days. Based off of gatorade. The more you know. :)
Sara D.
Madison, WI
Bought a single can on a lark because the concept was interesting. Definitely exceeded my expectations! Wouldn’t buy a six pack and drink a ton of this, but was definitely unique. Best on a hot day
Alaina E.
Pittsburgh, PA
This is in my fridge right now! A perfect and refreshing summer beer. My boyfriend has bought this a couple times and really enjoys it too. Dogfish Head doesn't disappoint.
Jessica P.
Altavista
I don't know why I drank this. Maybe it was the pretty colors of the can. N o t my thing. Maybe for less- beer enjoying people it would be fine. I like my beer dark.
Savannah R.
Atlanta, GA
I wish the lime flavor came through a little more but this is a great pool beer. I throw fresh cilantro and parsley in it too to brighten it up. I also love the artwork on the cans too.
Aimee W.
Plaistow , NH
Great summer time beer! Really thirst quenching and light but tasty at the same time. Tart and salty character in flavor. Love it comes in cans to bring on a boat.
Jaime W.
Columbia, LA
Awesome summer time ale. Not normally a fan of sour, but can't put this one down. Very unique and different. Great day time in the sun drink. Summertime favorite.
Beth J.
Morgantown, WV
This is a very strong flavored beer. Very hoppy with citrus hops. I enjoy it but I am more of an IPA fan myself so if that is not your style of beer I wouldn't recommend this to you. But I love it.
Adam P.
Commerce
I stumbled on this during the summer and fell in love. Just enough salt to keep you wanting more, while simultaneously “quenching” your thirst with this excellent refreshing beer.