Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Molly B.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Nicole W.
Thomasville, NC
Very great gose. Hits on both the salty and sweet (more on the salty side), and doesn’t leave a lingering fake flavor. Pairs well with heavy meals as a good palette cleanser and overall just a very easy beer to drink.
Seb L.
Bronx
As the name suggests, this is a thirst quenching sour beer. The flavors of lime and sea salt really come through. Although the can is no comparison for draft, this is one of the better translated beers from Dogfish.
Jessica P.
Reading
This is a nice sour that is not overly sweet so you still get a little bit of a traditional beer flavor. I believe it is around $12 for a 6 pack so it is pretty affordable. It can be found at most beer distributors
Merida M.
Burbank, CA
I had this at the Yard House in Burbank. I simply adore sours! This is exactly what I was looking for! The color was light yellow and I am looking forward to finding this at my local craft beer store! Great brew!
Sarah F.
St Petersburg, FL
I am a total sucker for sour beers. I LOVE THEM! This is the perfect amount of sourness. I buy this whenever possible because it seems to be well distributed. Worth the price and I highly recommended if you like sours.
Sam W.
LOVE this beer. I am a huge session beer fan, all the flavor! The cab is what grabbed me originally but the taste keeps me coming back. Worth the craft beer price, it has its own unique flavor of sour and hoppy.
Miranda M.
One of our favorite spurs out right now. It’s affordable and super yummy! We have bought a couple times now, after discovery at a food truck. One of the better sours you can get outside of going to breweries!
Lori M.
Fort Drum , NY
I like this and I’m very shocked because I’m very picky about my beers. It was one of the best Spurs I’ve tasted and I went and bought a 6 pack after. I would recommend it to all my friends and will but again!
Lindsay C.
Flowery Branch
I have recently been experimenting with a wide variety of sours! This beer is one of my favorites! You can’t beat it with the refreshing, crisp, lime taste— and did i mention it’s only 140 calories?! Who doesn’t love a delicious, low cal beer?!
Ashley W.
North Canton, OH
First tried this while on vacation in Florida. Normally not a big fan of sour beers but this is definitely my new favorite. I live in Ohio and it is harder to find in gas stations. I prefer it in the tall can.