Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Molly B.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

🌻Colly A.
Brooklyn
A couple of years ago I started my craft beer kick and found that I liked unique beers but really didn't enjoy IPAs or Pilsners. I was actually looking for a sour beer when I bought a 6-pack of this and it really is a very enjoyable beer. Pretty colored cans!
Jasmine  .
Sartell, MN
This is an interesting beer to say the least. It's very light and crisp but it has this sour/salty taste that makes your tastebuds think for a moment. If you like beers like this is say go for. It's definitely one suited to certain taste.
Rachel B.
Laurel
I came across this seasonal beer at a beer tasting event. Loved it so much I kept drinking it all summer long. A tad salty and all the refreshing finish a great beer needs for those super hot days! It's FABULOUS with grilled foods.
Jessica L.
Pittsburgh
Honestly I’m not into sour beers, more of a hop head IPA drinker. I had this on vacation and I was pleasantly surprised. Great lime taste instead of overly sour and it was very refreshing in the heat. Will definitely buy again.
Sarah E.
Tampa, FL
I'm not usually a fan of this type of beer. Fortunately I was able to drink it and it was quite refreshing. I wouldn't choose it again, but given it, I wouldn't be upset. I heard that it is a good recovery beer after a workout.
Vanessa G.
This is an awesome refreshing beer for the summer. It does not have a bitter aftertaste that some beers have. I will say that it is a bit on the pricey side, but I definitely think it is worth it. I have repurchased a few times.
Kathryn, w.
Saint Louis, MO
This is my favorite “sour” beer, and is the only sour beer I’ve ever purchased in the store. It’s incredibly refreshing, unique, and accessible to people who are not as into sours. I would highly recommend this to anyone!
Nicole W.
Thomasville, NC
Very great gose. Hits on both the salty and sweet (more on the salty side), and doesn’t leave a lingering fake flavor. Pairs well with heavy meals as a good palette cleanser and overall just a very easy beer to drink.
Seb L.
Bronx
As the name suggests, this is a thirst quenching sour beer. The flavors of lime and sea salt really come through. Although the can is no comparison for draft, this is one of the better translated beers from Dogfish.
Jessica P.
Reading
This is a nice sour that is not overly sweet so you still get a little bit of a traditional beer flavor. I believe it is around $12 for a 6 pack so it is pretty affordable. It can be found at most beer distributors