Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Molly B.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Jamie B.
Providence
This is one of my all time favorite beers. It’s a great introduction to sour beers. This gose (beer style) is slightly sour and tart, with a touch of salinity, and a crisp, dry, finish. There are subtle hints of black pepper and coriander. This is a perfect summer beer, low calorie too!
Sunni Q.
Dunn, NC
This is my absolute favorite beer! I call it a beach beer because it is perfect for the beach! It is so light, sour, and refreshing and it doesn't feel like you're drinking beer. my local wine bar sells the large can and I get it every time I go which is about three times a week.
Kerry G.
San Francisco, CA
I know I'm not the only one obsessed with this beer, because Men's Health has given it rave reviews and awarded it the light beer of 2017. I love the subtle sourness of this beer, paired with the low-calorie aspect. Try it, you won't regret it.
Katie N.
Saint Francis, MN
This flavor sounds like an odd combination but it is surprisingly great. It is one of the most refreshing beers I have ever had and almost feels like you are drinking something that isn’t all that bad for you. It is very light and has a little bit of a salty taste that is refreshing.
Crissy A.
This is a great sour ale that tastes like a summer breeze by the ocean. It’s a favorite for me and my boyfriend and you will typically find me with one if it’s on the menu. It has a salty and limey taste to it with the same punch of a sour beer. I love it.
Nikki C.
Wilmington, DE
This is one of my absolute all-time favorite beers. It taste exactly like a sour and it is so good in the summertime. I wish they made this in a bottle but unfortunately it only comes in a can. But it is still one of my favorite drinks and dogfish head is one of my favorite breweries
AI S.
I love sours! This is a reasonably priced, slightly salty sour, as advertised. It’s not as sour as some others I’ve had but I still frequently purchase it for myself and for small get-togethers. I cheerfully recommend it to my friends!
Meredith B.
Orlando, FL
This was a very different/interesting ale. I loved it, but it did have an interesting aftertaste. Other than the aftertaste this was a unique ale that I would purchase again, but wouldn’t recommend to anyone who doesn’t like sour ales.
Kerry B.
Syracuse, NY
This beer is so refreshing, I had it for the first time on tap and it’s become a beer that I love to buy and drink at home. You can typically find it wherever beer is sold for me that’s my local grocery store. It’s rather affordable.
Meghan J.
Yorktown, VA
A prefect beer to have on a summer day or while out on boat ride. Does not taste like beer but more like 7- up/ ginger ale. Very light and refreshing. Would purchase this again in the future. Definitely would recommend giving it a try.