Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD #77 in Beer

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Nikki W.
Fairfield , OH
Very great gose. Hits on both the salty and sweet (more on the salty side), and doesn’t leave a lingering fake flavor. Pairs well with heavy meals as a good palette cleanser and overall just a very easy beer to drink.
Seb L.
Bronx
As the name suggests, this is a thirst quenching sour beer. The flavors of lime and sea salt really come through. Although the can is no comparison for draft, this is one of the better translated beers from Dogfish.
Kori H.
I’m
Not a fan of. IPA beer. But my husband loves them. He sometimes choose dogfish head and likes them. I think the name is weird and creative which draws attention and would definitely want me to try the beer.
Miranda M.
One of our favorite spurs out right now. It’s affordable and super yummy! We have bought a couple times now, after discovery at a food truck. One of the better sours you can get outside of going to breweries!
Lori M.
Watertown, NY
I like this and I’m very shocked because I’m very picky about my beers. It was one of the best Spurs I’ve tasted and I went and bought a 6 pack after. I would recommend it to all my friends and will but again!
Ashley J.
Valdosta, GA
Wasn’t my favorite at first but it grew on me and now I add it too our grocery cart fairly often. The salty taste is a curve ball
For your taste buds at first but it will become a taste you enjoy soon enough.
Emmy L.
Baltimore , MD
As far as sours go, this beer is pretty mild. It has a nice sour bite, but also a slightly salty finish. I'm not a huge hops fan so as far as DogFish goes, this is my choice amongst the other beers.
Natalie P.
East Peoria, IL
Love this! I'm not usually into sour beers but I love lime and this was really refreshing. You get a slight hint of salt with the lime and "Sea Quench" really is just the perfect name for this beer.
Alison M.
Rock Island, IL
I LOVE THE SEAQUENCH ALE! It is perfect to drink on a sunny summer day on the beach or riding around on a boat. They have balanced the sour of limes with the saltiness that we all love. I love it!
Mandy H.
The only beer that I genuinely love are sours, which are usually incredibly pricey and far and few between. This isn’t the best sour beer I’ve ever had, but it definitely gets the job done and I could drink these all day long.