Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Molly B.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD #58 in Beer

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Melissa B.
Quincy, MA
This beer is very yummy and refreshing. It’s not heavy so I can drink it without feeling too full. I like the subtle saltiness but the lime flavor isn’t super prevalent. Overall a solid beer. I wish I saw it on tap more.
Megan P.
Lorain, OH
Perfect summer beer. Light and refreshing. Lime and sea salt are definitely notable flavors. Dogfish head nailed this. Pairs great with pretty much anything. Definitely will bring to BBQs and parties all summer long.
madison b.
Raleigh
BEST BEER EVER if you like spurs. This is my favorite beer, it’s light, refreshing, it tastes amazing and the price is reasonable. I never get tired of drinking it and it has been my favorite for several years now.
Meghan K.
I just got this beer to try over Memorial Day weekend. It was incredibly disappointing. I usually love sours, but not this one. It had a very strange salty taste to it, like a piss poor margarita. I did not enjoy.
Maddi C.
I am personally not a beer lover myself, but I do have a soft spot for sours. This does not disappoint, as it was the first sour I had ever tried. It is refreshing, sour, and a bit sweet all at once.
Mariane F.
Luzerne, PA
One of my favorites that Dogfish Head has ever created. It’s a great, refreshing sour ale, and I love that they have added it to their year round schedule. Great beach beer!
Danielle D.
Seattle, WA
This is my favorite sour style beer at the moment. I love it so much, the flavor is not for everyone but I would totally recommend it for the summer and with tacos due to the lime and salt. If you live sour beers this is a must try, in my opinion dogfish head is always on point with their interesting concoctions.
Jade P.
Foster, RI
I really enjoyed this!! Refreshing yet flavorful. Would absolutely buy again and definitely reccomend to a friend. I am instantly excited if a restaurant has this beer available.
Arianne C.
Lawrence
I love this beer! I don’t choose it every time, it’s a “let’s switch it up” drink for me. It’s interesting, and has just enough complexity without being a mess of flavors.
Melissa D.
Norwich, CT
I never drank beer before this one! My significant other LOVES dogfish head beers and I so badly wanted to like them too! Then I found sea quench ale and I was sold! I will always make sure I have this stocked in the fridge. Pairs perfectly with any kind of seafood!