Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD #71 in Beer

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Carolyn G.
Connecticut
Absolutely one of the best craft beers. I went to the brewery down in Delaware and absolutely loved learning about all the beers! This one is a great summer beer with a citrusy taste! Highly recommend!
Sidney M.
Best lime beer out there! This is so refreshing and tastes like it is limeade! So delicious. Perfect for a hot day. This tops any other lime beers. Dogfish head is worth the price and I will buy again
Lindsey N.
Sea Quench is the perfect balance of salty and sour!! This beer is what you want on a super hot day. If you enjoy sour beers or if you enjoy unique experiences when it comes to drinking, this is a fun adventure for the price. Yum!
Marissa L.
I was a bit skeptical when I started drinking sour beers in the last couple of years, but this one quickly became my favorite. While some sours are a one and done type of flavor, this session ale is drinkable all day. The lime flavor is super refreshing, making this the perfect beer for a summer day. Ideal for beach days, cookouts, tailgates, and any other sunny event.
madison b.
Raleigh
BEST BEER EVER if you like spurs. This is my favorite beer, it’s light, refreshing, it tastes amazing and the price is reasonable. I never get tired of drinking it and it has been my favorite for several years now.
Meghan K.
I just got this beer to try over Memorial Day weekend. It was incredibly disappointing. I usually love sours, but not this one. It had a very strange salty taste to it, like a piss poor margarita. I did not enjoy.
Mariane F.
Luzerne, PA
One of my favorites that Dogfish Head has ever created. It’s a great, refreshing sour ale, and I love that they have added it to their year round schedule. Great beach beer!
Jade P.
Foster, RI
I really enjoyed this!! Refreshing yet flavorful. Would absolutely buy again and definitely reccomend to a friend. I am instantly excited if a restaurant has this beer available.
Danielle D.
Seattle, WA
This is my favorite sour style beer at the moment. I love it so much, the flavor is not for everyone but I would totally recommend it for the summer and with tacos due to the lime and salt. If you live sour beers this is a must try, in my opinion dogfish head is always on point with their interesting concoctions.
Ilyssa C.
Jersey City, NJ
This is such a salty tart I love it for the summer time at the beach. It’s not the easiest to drink but it’s definitely an acquired taste for sure. It’s good if you want something with a real kick or to drink alone.