Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Molly B.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD #58 in Beer

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Danielle P.
Matawan, NJ
It almost doesn’t even taste like a beer. So refreshing! I had this at a wedding and had to go get a 6 pack for the house! Def. recommend
Kristin C.
Ocoee, FL
We love this beer along with the hibiscus flavored one all of the dogfish beers taste great and have a smooth taste not a bitter taste.
Annie R.
Elkins Park, PA
So good!!! I love a sour beer and this sour is nice and light and any hoppy bitterness is cut by the sea salt. Would totally recommend.
Tina G.
Philadelphia, PA
Great sour beer. I love the salty sour taste. Some might find it to be too much but if your a fan of sour beer you would like this one.
Christine W.
Reading, PA
Dogfish head is one of my favorite breweries. Sea quench is delicious. If you are looking for a good sour beer, this one is perfect!
Amanda G.
United States
One of my favorite cheaper sour beers. Sour beers can get expensive and these aren't bad. Definitely one I can find in lots of stores
Joanna E.
Spotswood, NJ
Super-uber-duper refreshing in my opinion! O like this ice cold in the summer have a salty snack on the side for the best experience!
Katie C.
Dover
I love pretty much everything DFH has released, but this has become one of my go-to summer brews. The heavy lime flavor is heavenly!
Autumn B.
Omaha, NE
I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone. It has a weird after taste that neither I or my boyfriend could get past. We had to dump it out.
Yvette M.
El Paso, TX
This is my favorite beer of all time. It’s a little sour and salty. Perfect summer beer and tastes great when used in a michelada.