Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD #74 in Beer

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Kaylie Y.
Jacksonville, FL
Try this beer. It’s good. Easy to drink, good flavor. Light enough to take to the beach or tailgating and drink a few. Doesn’t leave you feeling like crap the next day which is a plus. Hopefully it’s still available in your areas.
Trish H.
Dillsburg, PA
I was hopeful when I tried this because it seemed like a nice light beer perfect for sipping on the beach. My husband and I actually visited the brewery and got some free samples of 4 beers. This was one I chose but to me, it has a very strong salty kick to it. Which makes sense being "sea quench" but was just totally unexpected for me. It wasn't my favorite of the 4 I tried but might be perfect for someone who likes a stronger flavor beer.
Marissa D.
Victor, NY
Sour Beers have become my passion as of late and this does not disappoint. Goes down easy with beautiful sour and salty notes. I love that it's widely available and reasonably priced. Would absolutely recommend to anyone looking to delve into the world of sours!!
Susan D.
Newark, DE
This is the first sour beer I’ve ever tried this past summer, and all I can’t think was wow! I love the bitterness mixed with citrus flavors together. I just recently repurchased at the local liquor store for 12.99 and it’s great during the winter too. I personally can only drink probably one or two, but I recommend to anyone interested in sours
Vanessa T.
Love this sour! Deliciously salty lime flavor that tastes like summer. I felt like it tasted better in the bottle, but I know cans are more environmentally friendly so I’m adapting. I buy this beer often and will not to
Carol O.
Pittsburgh, PA
Truly a great summer beer.  I tend to lean toward flavored beers, or wheat beers, but for an ale this was a great choice.  It's absolutely perfect for drinking during the summer, especially when you are at the pool or the beach.  It balances a nice light lime flavor, with a bit of a sour taste that is in no way overpowering.  The salt adds just enough to the taste buds to really let the flavors shine.
Danielle S.
Taylor, PA
Men's health rates Sea Quench the best low cal and best low carb beer. I couldn't agree more. I bought a case of this for my boyfriends birthday. (Really for myself). I recommend this beer highly to those willing to spend the extra couple of dollars if they're looking for a light beer with a citrusy kick. Some brews have too much citrus in my opinion but Dogfish mastered this and it has just the right amount of citrus flavor.
Cara J.
VERY tart on the first sip, but after you drink a few sips it's true flavors come out. A very bold lime taste followed by salty. My favorite from dogfish head. I have some in my fridge now! Although I must say the price is pretty steep for a 6pack.
Blythe W.
Joplin, MO
Slightly salty and slightly sour...this beer by Dogfish Head is amazing. I love the unique flavor and it lives up to it's name, Sea Quenched Ale. It tastes almost like you're at the ocean. I love this beer
Carolyn G.
Connecticut
Absolutely one of the best craft beers. I went to the brewery down in Delaware and absolutely loved learning about all the beers! This one is a great summer beer with a citrusy taste! Highly recommend!