Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Molly B.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Amber W.
Love dogfish but this beer totally grosses me out. I love the lime flavor, but the salty notes totally turned me off. I felt like I was drinking liquid Tostitos lime chips.
Catherine C.
This is one of my all time favorite beers. I didn’t think I would like it because it’s a sour, but Dogfish did a great job of not making it too over powering. It’s a really refreshing beer and I always have it in my fridge.
Brittaney R.
Milton , DE
I live in Milton where the brewery is, and we always try to support local business! I am not usually a fan of their beers, seeing as most are dark and IPA and I don’t care for that, but this beer sea quench was a game changer! I actually have it in my fridge currently, I love it! I always recommend it, especially to those who don’t usually like dogfish. You can deff taste the lime and it’s amazing. Love love love this. It was actually sold out in stores for awhile and now it’s in cans!!!
Trish H.
Dillsburg, PA
I was hopeful when I tried this because it seemed like a nice light beer perfect for sipping on the beach. My husband and I actually visited the brewery and got some free samples of 4 beers. This was one I chose but to me, it has a very strong salty kick to it. Which makes sense being "sea quench" but was just totally unexpected for me. It wasn't my favorite of the 4 I tried but might be perfect for someone who likes a stronger flavor beer.
Brooke L.
Plano
Great stuff! This has a wonderfully tart and refreshing flavor. It's a good price for the quality. We buy this often in the summer. It's very smooth. We also like this brewery alot. I will be buying again!
Danielle P.
Taylor, PA
Men's health rates Sea Quench the best low cal and best low carb beer. I couldn't agree more. I bought a case of this for my boyfriends birthday. (Really for myself). I recommend this beer highly to those willing to spend the extra couple of dollars if they're looking for a light beer with a citrusy kick. Some brews have too much citrus in my opinion but Dogfish mastered this and it has just the right amount of citrus flavor.
Holly D.
Dickson City, PA
My mom and I wanted to try something new, and saw this in the beer distribution center and decided to give it a go! The flavors sound really interesting, and the actual beverage does play on those flavors. I am not sure that it is exactly what I was expecting, and I don't absolutely love it, but it is a decent drink choice when you are looking for something new and interesting.
Venetia M.
Delphi, IN
Let me start off by saying I DON’T like sours. I find they turn my stomach and give me reflux. This sour however was delightful. It was refreshing and had an interesting taste profile. I am a fan of Dogfish Head and I buy their 60 minute, 90 minute, and 120 minute (when I can find it 😉) but I will reserve my purchase of the Sea Quench for summer time.
Olivia G.
Newark , DE
I was given this at a beer tasting and I just kept coming back for more! I love the citrus taste and how crisp it is! Definitely the best flavor I’ve tried. Haven’t bought it in bulk but at bars it’s not too pricey!
Lindsay D.
Pennsauken, NJ
Yummy, I really enjoy this beer. Light, citrusy and salty. A very interesting flavor that's not "too much". Dogfishhead rarely disappoints. It's tricky to find some of their varieties at my local liquor stores, but boy is it worth the hunt!