Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD #71 in Beer

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Mary B.
Carlisle, PA
It’s pretty good! I’m not a beer expert but I do love beer lol. I would suggest it. It is an ipa and in my opinion most iPas taste the same
Chelsea W.
Yukon, OK
Dogfish head has some great brews. They are hard to find in the liquor stores around Oklahoma so I usually try them when I go out of state.
Rose S.
Mesa, AZ
This is not A normal beer. It's on the sour side. Not a fan but I can see where it might appeal to others. Tried but didn't really like it.
Teresa S.
Pretty Praire, KS
Average! Not my favorite summer beer but definitely a drinkable beer. I wanted it to be limier. But it was just missing something for me.
Danielle P.
Matawan, NJ
It almost doesn’t even taste like a beer. So refreshing! I had this at a wedding and had to go get a 6 pack for the house! Def. recommend
Kaitlin E.
Allen Park
Absolutely love this beer. It’s great in the summer time and a nice alternative to a margarita when you don’t feel like drinking liquor.
Annie R.
Elkins Park, PA
So good!!! I love a sour beer and this sour is nice and light and any hoppy bitterness is cut by the sea salt. Would totally recommend.
Tina G.
Philadelphia, PA
Great sour beer. I love the salty sour taste. Some might find it to be too much but if your a fan of sour beer you would like this one.
Kristin C.
Ocoee, FL
We love this beer along with the hibiscus flavored one all of the dogfish beers taste great and have a smooth taste not a bitter taste.
Joanna E.
Spotswood, NJ
Super-uber-duper refreshing in my opinion! O like this ice cold in the summer have a salty snack on the side for the best experience!