Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Molly B.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD #42 in Beer

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Rob K.
Staff
I like this beer, it is a little salty, a little lemon-limey, and very refreshing. it's basically yellow gatorade but alcoholic. So if you're trying to cool off after a tough workout in the summer but also want to hit the sauce, this would be a great option for you. I can't speak firsthand (not yet anyway) for its ability to hydrate and replenish electrolytes mid workout like gatorade, but i think this would be the perfect beer to choose for a beer mile. I dont know if i could run that far, but i could definitely chug this stuff between laps cuz it goes down easily and i could tell myself it's gatorade
Melissa H.
Brooklawn, NJ
A great beer to drink on the beach!! It just taste like summer! Was at the brewery recently and was told a shot of tequila with this taste like a margarita, still need to try this.
Gena A.
Bessemer , AL
Standard as far as the gose style goes. Nothing very special about it. Salty flavor and a pretty dry mouthfeel. Low abv and very easy to drink if you enjoy the style. I have bought this beer multiple times.
Taylor S.
I just tried this for the first time and I really like it! I've had sours before that were way too sour but this one isn't too bad! I can't wait to try the other flavor they have!
Meghan M.
Philadelphia , PA
Not really a big fan of this one. I have tried dogfish before so it was recommended to me . It was my first time with this beer . Not too bad in price at all. Overall not my style
Ashley S.
Altoona, PA
I personally was not a huge fan of this beer. I'll give credit to Dogfishhead for trying something new, but I wasn't a fan of the fact that it tasted like ___ light. (Insert junk macro brew)
Kristen D.
Most interesting beer I’ve ever tasted. I wasn’t displeased when I asked the bar tender for a surprise and he gave me this. It’s like a mix of beer and a sour war head candy.
Andrea W.
Proctorville, OH
Best beach or vacation beer ever! So refreshing and delicious. I love this in the Summer. I would buy it again and recommend this to anyone for a great summer beer. Perfect for a summer bbq or vacation dinner
RebeccaBlair c.
Williamsville, NY
I love love love this beer. A little hoppy, lots of flavor and I love the sour. Proceeds are donated to a charity. Another great beer from Dogfish head! Love this brewery.
Kori H.
I’m
Not a fan of. IPA beer. But my husband loves them. He sometimes choose dogfish head and likes them. I think the name is weird and creative which draws attention and would definitely want me to try the beer.