Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD #74 in Beer

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Alexandra G.
Kansas City, MO
This sour is WEIRD. It's salty, sour, and just kind of weird. It's not my favorite sour but I like it enough. I like how creative the flavor is!
Katie D.
I bought this beer because the packaging was cute and I like the colors. It was refreshing and I liked it but I wouldn’t drink it all the time
Valentina N.
Brooklyn, NY
Crisp and refreshing, just as the name would suggest. Perfect for a warm summer night, easy to find, and affordable - a great beer all around.
Alexa W.
DELTONA, FL
Love this. I don't love beer but this is doable the sour is perfect and is very smooth. My husband buys this and I sip on it when he gets it
Christine G.
Clementon, NJ
This is my new favorite beer. It isn’t for everyone but for anyone that likes a sour, give his a try. A very lime flavor with a hint of salt.
Mary B.
Carlisle, PA
It’s pretty good! I’m not a beer expert but I do love beer lol. I would suggest it. It is an ipa and in my opinion most iPas taste the same
Chelsea W.
Yukon, OK
Dogfish head has some great brews. They are hard to find in the liquor stores around Oklahoma so I usually try them when I go out of state.
Rose S.
Mesa, AZ
This is not A normal beer. It's on the sour side. Not a fan but I can see where it might appeal to others. Tried but didn't really like it.
Kaitlin E.
Allen Park
Absolutely love this beer. It’s great in the summer time and a nice alternative to a margarita when you don’t feel like drinking liquor.
Danielle P.
Matawan, NJ
It almost doesn’t even taste like a beer. So refreshing! I had this at a wedding and had to go get a 6 pack for the house! Def. recommend