Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Molly B.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Jackie P.
A fantastic summer beer that I wish was available all year round.  It's a sour that most people seem to like which is not the case for most sour beers.  Highly recommend!
Hannaleigh S.
This is my absolute favorite beer of all time. Dogfish Head SeaQuench is the perfect beer for kicking back and drinking in the summer. It's sour in a very refreshing way, making it extremely thirst quenching and easy to drink. I can't picture being outside in the summer without a SeaQuench in hand !
Mica A.
Huntsville, AL
My favorite summer beer! This is like a margarita and a beer had a baby, and it is the perfect refreshing drink for a hot summer day or after a run in the heat and humidity. I love sours and goses, so this aligns well with my taste. It's not so sour that it is unpleasant to drink; really just a good balance of lime and salt flavors. If you really don't enjoy beer, I wouldn't recommend it because it's definitely not an overly fruity drink, but if you like a little fruity flavor along with your beer, this would be a good choice. I'm really not joking about the saltiness either, so if you're a gose fan you'll be fine, but if you're not expecting it, that might not be the most pleasant surprise. All in all, it's a pretty affordable delicious summer beer.
Jazmin N.
Johnstown, PA
If an IPA and a margarita had a baby, this is what you would get, that's a great thing. It's about average price and on the cheaper and of craft beers and IPAs. It had a wonderful citrus flavor and is light on the "beer taste". It would be a great beer for someone who isn't too keen on the "beer taste". It's a delight on a hot summer day. Lastly, I love the salty flavor so much. Ill buy this beer again in a heart beat.
Dawn W.
I love Dog Fish Head beers, all of them. They can literally do no wrong. And this wonderful beer continues that streak. Kolsch? Gose? A sour? A bit of all three, really, super refreshing and in the lighter side as far as taste goes. Lime and sea salt add a fun twist. I have enjoyed this in warmer days at a cookout as well as indoors with charcuterie.
A must try if you are a true beer lover.
Carly D.
Harding
I would've never picked up this product of it wasn't for my friend who works for dog fish (and is a huge fanatic even outside of work). I was really happy he suggested this to me. I had a grapefruit flavor and loved it. I just wish that there was more of the fruit flavor. I typically don't go for this brand of beer but when I'm in the mood for a light and refreshing beer it's my go to.
Noëlle D.
Spring Hill, TN
I'm a sucker for sour beers as well as Dogfish Head beers, so I was not surprised when I fell in love with the SeaQuench Ale! It's sour, but not very sour to the point where non-sour lovers could enjoy this beer too. My boyfriend, for instance, dislikes sour beers, yet he likes this one. It is definitely a crisp, refreshing beer. I would recommend it to anyone, especially other sour fans!
Elizabeth D.
Paducah
Not a big fan of this beer. For me it’s too salty and weird tasting. I’ve tried many Dogfish Head beers so this one falls short for me compared to the others. It is a craft brew so more expensive than your typical domestic but nothing crazy. Maybe I’ll try it again when I’m on vacation eating seafood which is what I think it is geared toward.
Maggie S.
Great Falls, VA
This is definitely a beer for a sour-lover. This is not for the faint of heart. I LOVE sour beers, so this was perfectly up my alley. I took a pack of this with me to the beach and was on cloud nine! However my boyfriend hated the beer (more for me!) and didn't understand. However, certainly a favorite of mine - especially for the summer.
Lexie C.
Buckeye, AZ
Love love love! This brewery is located in the neighborhood I grew up in so I know exactly where the products come from and exactly how it’s made. So no worries about any garbage added!! This is my favorite flavor because the flavors are strong but it is a very light and easy beer if you’re not that into beer products like myself