Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD #77 in Beer

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Rachel G.
Newfield, NJ
It’s not the worst thing I’ve ever had but I probably wouldn’t buy it again. It tastes like beer mixed with like ocean water. The can is super cute though
jade h.
Midlothian, VA
I freaking love Gose style beers. This is salty and lime-y and puckery tart/sour and will give you heartburn if you drink more than 2 or 3. Love this beer.
Hilary A.
I just discovered this summer 2017. It. Is. Amazing. Tart, salty, but surprisingly thirst quenching.
The name says it all and the flavors are
Impeccable.
Gabe W.
Wilmington , NC
Obsessed with this beer, I normally hate sours but this is a great light sour mixed with an ipa. Dogfish head never disappoints. This beer is a must try
Lauren N.
Huntersville, NC
Fantastic summer time beer. Wouldn’t get the whole 12 pack since it is quite overwhelming ( but in a good way) full of flavor. Very crisp and citrusy.
Cassie J.
Apollo, PA
Tried this at a beer fest...personally not my favorite. Though the fun packaging definitely caught my eye! My brother and sister in-law both loved it.
Lara Z.
Arlington, VA
It’s tart. But it’s a good light beer from these guys. They warn you with the description so shouldn’t be surprised by the flavor. Great for the beach!
Sophia D.
Philadelphia, PA
Obsessed with this beer. LOVE sours/goses and this one is especially easy to drink and approachable. Also heard that it's actually hydrating? Bonus!
Hannah B.
One of my favorite goses! The citrus and saltiness are so well balanced. A nice refreshing beer to take with you down the river. Love a good sour!
Rachel H.
Philadelphia, PA
This is really a strange beer. It is sour, a bit salty and over all not enjoyable to me. I have friends who like it but this is just not die me.