Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Molly B.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD #58 in Beer

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Maggie S.
Great Falls, VA
This is definitely a beer for a sour-lover. This is not for the faint of heart. I LOVE sour beers, so this was perfectly up my alley. I took a pack of this with me to the beach and was on cloud nine! However my boyfriend hated the beer (more for me!) and didn't understand. However, certainly a favorite of mine - especially for the summer.
Valerie M.
This is a great summer beer and reminds me of the beach. I'm a big gose fan and love the tartness of a sour beer. This has got great beer flavor without too much hops, a salty and tart kick, and a little sweetness from the limes. I highly recommend for those hot summer days!
Taylor H.
Venice, FL
ABSOLUTE FAVORITE beer of all time! I love this beer. I will buy 3 cases of this when it comes out in the summer, and drink it throughout the year. It is SO GOOD. Tart, and briney. The flavors come through so well. I would give this beer 10/5 stars. Highly recommend!
Krissy W.
Phoenix, AZ
I just tried this product last week! It was on sale at Fry’s and I thought the product was intriguing. The first sip it kind of danced around my mouth. It’s a different taste at first, but then it’s SO good! I am planning on buying more and hopefully I’ll create a new fantastic drink by mixing it with other things!
Renee Y.
This beer is tart and refreshing. Before stumbling upon this beer I didn’t really like drinking beer. This is definitely easy to drink and a great intro to sour beer. I have this in my fridge at all times now and it’s inexpensive as well. Definitely recommend trying!
Ingrid R.
This is my favorite beer!!!! I️ fell in love with sour beers this summer and tried this session sour with zero expectations. I️ was BLOWN AWAY and have been buying 6packs of this ever since. It has great salty/sour flavor but doesn’t make your mouth pucker. It has decent alcohol content too.
Lori D.
Brick, NJ
I thought this beer was going to be a lot more sour but i was pleasantly surprised with the lighter, sweet taste to it. I have purchased this twice now and love the lime notes in the beer. Definitely tastes more like a cooler than a beer though.
Briana W.
Republic, MO
Sea Quench is way different than any other beer you’ve probably had. It’s got limes, black lime, and sea salt. The lime is super refreshing and the salt kind of puts the brakes on the punch you get from the sourness of the beer. I would recommend if you’re wanting something super light and if you’re also feeling a little adventurous.
Kristen W.
I love sour beers! This is one of my favorites, and for a rare type of beer this one is most often available. Only problem is most sour beers are expensive, and this is no exception. Recommend, but definitely not for someone on a tight budget.
Taylor L.
Rockville Ctr, NY
One of the most unique beers I've ever tasted. Tried it at a local bar for the first time and I was blown away. Some sour beers taste like they've gone bad, but the flavors in this brew were sharp and refreshing. I buy it whenever I find it.