Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Molly B.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Amy R.
The best summertime salty ale!!!! Literally hydrated you (only beer that does that) and is perfect for a hot day by the pool or lake. The hint of lime is so refreshing and tart!! YUM! Go ahead and throw it in your fav cooler.
Emily J.
We love this beer! It is the perfect combination of sour and sweet to make the best summer beer! We bought it at a local gas station and we continued to buy it all summer long!
Dakota C.
Hampton
So I love summer track workouts and play rugby. We recommend this after a workout, crazy a beer after a workout? The salt and lime actually helped me feel more recovered. It’s a great price and amazing
meagan m.
Owings Mills, MD
Sour beers are my favorite they are definitely in right now this one is sour but also a little salty some people don’t like like sours because they are sweet this one is light and refreshing you can’t go wrong.
Emily D.
As the only beer that actually hydrated the drinker, this beer is intriguing. A lot of science went into its creation. Unfortunately, it often sells out at bars and bottle shops, making getting a six pack for Home a little difficult.
Ilyssa C.
Jersey City, NJ
This is such a salty tart I love it for the summer time at the beach. It’s not the easiest to drink but it’s definitely an acquired taste for sure. It’s good if you want something with a real kick or to drink alone.
Sara D.
Madison, WI
Bought a single can on a lark because the concept was interesting. Definitely exceeded my expectations! Wouldn’t buy a six pack and drink a ton of this, but was definitely unique. Best on a hot day
Alaina E.
Pittsburgh, PA
This is in my fridge right now! A perfect and refreshing summer beer. My boyfriend has bought this a couple times and really enjoys it too. Dogfish Head doesn't disappoint.
shayna f.
Slatington, PA
Very sour beer, but when you get into it, its just so good. It quenches your thirst and actually is made to keep you hydrated on hot summer days. Based off of gatorade. The more you know. :)
Jessica P.
Altavista, VA
I don't know why I drank this. Maybe it was the pretty colors of the can. N o t my thing. Maybe for less- beer enjoying people it would be fine. I like my beer dark.