Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Molly B.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD #42 in Beer

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Ivy K.
This is my favorite beer in earth. I love sour beers and drink them almost exclusively. This beer is very sour so beware. It's also one of the healthiest beers on the market! The store near my house sells tall boys of this it's amazing.
Brooke K.
Roanoke, TX
I love sour beers and dogfish head has quite a few. I can find this one at most of our local liquor stores and it’s really good! For a craft beer, it’s reasonably priced and it’s always good!
Lauren B.
Calhoun, GA
Sour, punchy, and delicious! This is the best dog days of summer beer. So yummy and different than other beers out there. Definitely a repeat customer. I've purchased at local grocery stores, craft beer stores, and at a local dog park bar. Totally satisfied.
Kaci V.
Sunrise, FL
OMG! This beer is amazing! It’s so different, with a little salt in it. I tried it during the summer by the pool and it was so refreshing. I couldn’t stop enjoying them. I highly recommend them and they are priced great!!
Carlie C.
Silver Spring, MD
Sea quench is one of my favorite sour beers; only being outranked by New Belgium’s La Folie and Union Craft’s Old Pro. It’s very refreshing in the summertime and goes well with light foods.
Kathleen B.
Gaithersburg, MD
A really great warm weather drink! Very refreshing. However, I can only drink one or two at a time--it's a little salty and isn't really a drink-all-night kind of beverage. The flavor is perfect for summer, and I always purchase it when it's available.
Haley A.
Tallahassee
This is such a flavorful beer. It’s sour, but taste like a margarita without all the sweet stuff. It’s a little expensive for a pack of them but it’s worth the cost. I would recommend if you’re a sour beer drinker.
Tianna G.
Windham, ME
We are just trying sours but this totally impressed us. It is delicious and a new take on beers for us. My husband used to like IPA and I liked lagers - but this is one we both love !
Alyssa C.
Deland, FL
Excellent beer. This is one of my favorite easy drinking sours. Not too sour or tart, but still has a nice bite to it. Dogfish head is a great brewery and this beer never disappoints.
Mike B.
Burlington, VT
This is such a refreshing sour beer! Perfect for hanging out at the beach or day drinking in general. It's not too filling and the lime taste is incredible. One of my favorite beers.