Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Melissa D.Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale uploaded by Susan D.

BY DOGFISH HEAD #74 in Beer

SeaQuench Ale is a session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose, and a tart Berliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt to make this the most thirst-quenching beer Dogfish Head has ever brewed.

“…may be the world’s most thirst-slaying beer.” - Men’s Health

When we opened our geographically-enamored seafood restaurant Chesapeake & Maine in 2016, we wanted to honor its coastal roots by developing this sessionable, seafood-pairing beer that takes you to a place of briny seawater on sunny beach days. Our experimentation focused on three thirst-quenching styles with German roots, but no single style quite hit the mark and mood we were going for … so we blended them and the result was the tart and refreshing beer we were looking for!

Partnering with the National Aquarium, we replicated sea salt sourced from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and added sea salt from the coast of Maine to honor the Atlantic coast we love so much.

In 2017, Men’s Health named it the ‘Best Low-Cal Beer!’

Shawane N.
Alexandria, VA
It’s for those who like sour beer!
I love it! It feels refreshing, perfect for those summers night!
I found really hard yo find sour beer on grocery stores, but this is the only one that most of them have.
It’s affordable! Of course is not as cheap as budlight, but there’s definitely more flavor than it. Don’t get me wrong I like both of them. I’m just saying the price is fair!
Petra K.
Fairfield, CT
I enjoy sour beers but this beer was just terrible! It may taste different on tap then it does from the can but from the can it was just salty and really not well combined. The flavors didn't balance and it left me just very confused with what they were trying to do.
Roxanne H.
Louisville
I like Dogfish and I can appreciate their product without personally enjoying it. This is one of those for me; the sea quench is a bit metallic and slightly bitter. Part of this may be the can. I did finish the can, so it’s not bad, just not my cup of tea/pint of beer.
Sarah R.
Wilmington, DE
This is my favorite summer-time beer! It's a sour that's so refreshing on hot days. The mix of sea salt and black lime is like a little retreat in a can. I recommend it to all my friends who like sours or who are looking for something new to try. Try it on a hot day!
Rose P.
Richmond, VA
I really enjoy sour beers and this is one of my favorites. Sour, but crisp at the same time. It's comparable in price to other sour beers. Usually I have to go to a craft beer store to find sour beers, but this one is usually vailable  in most grocery stores.
Lexie D.
I was so pleasantly surprised by this beer! The mixture of the ingredients that it has labeled on the can honestly kind of put me off to begin with. But, I'm a huge fan of light and summer-y beers and I definitely just found my new favorite for Summer 2018!
Nicole R.
Bowling Green, KY
I was just recommended to try this at a bar is Nashville! I had never heard of the product but let me tell you what ITS AMAZING! Very light, with a little bite and some lime. It quenched my thirst and helped with a little buzz! I would highly recommend.
Ally S.
Richmond, VA
This is one of my favorite spurs. It’s easy to drink and since it’s a session the ABV is low! This is perfect for a summer day at the beach, rover, or a patio! I prefer this on tap instead of can but both taste great! Highly recommend the SeaQuench Ale!
AI S.
I love sours! This is a reasonably priced, slightly salty sour, as advertised. It’s not as sour as some others I’ve had but I still frequently purchase it for myself and for small get-togethers. I cheerfully recommend it to my friends!
Caleb C.
Colorado Spgs, CO
This is a great summer beer! I was skeptical of it at first because I never had a sour beer before but my friend introduced me to sea quench and I loved it. Its hydrating and very flavorful which is perfect by the pool or on the beach.