Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale

by Dogfish Head

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale!
How would you rate this product?
Key Biscayne, FL
I have always been a fan of Dogfish Head's IPAs. The 60 and 90 minute are two great IPAs. I also enjoy some brown ales (like Brooklyn Brown and Rogue Hazelnut Brown), so when I first saw this Indian Brown Ale at the Fresh Market I was excited to try it out. In my house I like to keep a variety of beers, because although I don't have beer(s) every single night, I do like to have different ones to choose from. Especially if I'm going to drink more than one.When out at a bar, I like for my next beer to be different from my last. I may start with a brown ale, and move to an IPA or a Porter or Stout.
Pittsburgh, PA
This brown ale has a subtle taste of coffee and is great for a darker ale in the winter. Dogfish head never seems to disappoint and this beer is no exception. I’d like to see the brewery move towards all canned beers for easier recycling but all in all a great ale!
Vegetarian
This is not my favorite Dogfish Head product. The taste was a little to hoppy for me. However, the price is good and I've certainly had worse beers. I would get it again.
No Special Diet
Ridgeley, WV
I love darker beers. This was a pretty good one. It has great flavor, no insanely hoppy and is nice to drink when it’s cooler. Although it’s a brown ale, it’s not as heavy as some other brands can be.
Organic, Paleo, Low Carb
Leander, TX
Bottle. Light brown, pretty clear with frothy, medium and quite solid beige head. Good lacing. Chocolate and malty aromas with some vanilla and resins tones, pretty stron and solid. Medium to full body, very smooth and oily mouthfeel. Light sweet start with chocolate and roasted malts flavors, balanced by light bitter / sour finish. Very nice interpretation of this, pretty boring, style.
Organic, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Laurel, MD
Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale is one of my all-time favorite beers. Billed as a mix between a brown ale, scotch ale, and IPA, and that's exactly what it tastes like. Really, like a hoppy brown. But be careful, because it's strong. Highly recommended!
Lynn Haven, FL
I’m a dark beer/ale drinker. The dogfish brand produces A refreshing and delicious dark ale. Has a nice nutty flavor will not being overpowering were too strong. I highly recommend, I was hesitant to try after I really dislike the dogfish IPA I had however they’re dark ale really stands out
Organic, Low Carb
Studio City, CA
This was (I think) the first non big brand beer that I really enjoyed. Pretty yummy stuff! Right on par with Fat Tire (another fave). Great flavor, I actually enjoy this one. The price can be a little spicy if you're out but all around a winner in my books!
Kalamazoo, MI
Great thick brown beer. Hard to find if you aren't on the coast but a great choice if you can find it. They changed the label so if you purchased it a couple years ago look for a new one.
Organic, Paleo, Low Carb
Pelham
I’m not a huge beer drinker but I would definitely drink this again. I love the coffee/chocolate taste you get from one of these. I would say for the money it is a good value and I would recommend this to anyone!