Doctor's Best 5-HTP

Science-Based Nutrition™ Dietary Supplement Helps maintain mental and emotional well-being* 5-HTP is a naturally occurring metabolite of the amino acid tryptophan.  5-HTP is converted in the brain to serotonin, a neurotransmitter substance found at the junctions between neurons.  5-HTP helps maintain mental and emotional well-being and promotes healthy sleep.  Doctor s Best 5-HTP is extracted from the seeds of the Griffonia simplicifolia plant.* Best 5-HTP is tested to ensure that it does not contain "Peak X" Suitable for vegetarians. Contains nothing other than listed ingredients. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. 800.777.2474 or drbvitamins.com see more...

• I heard this help with depression?Is that true?2 Answers
  • Does this help with anything lol?3 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
  • "Does seem to work on improving my moods, didn't have any adverse side effects while using it" in 1 review
Helaina G.
Virginia Bch, VA
I used these for sleeping. They helped me sleep better, but I had crazy dreams with them. It was never too crazy, but just be aware of that. I didn't take it for mood so I can't speak to that, but it helped with sleep.
Velma G.
Bismarck, ND
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I have been using this product for quite some time now and it has improved my life so much ! I always felt a little weighed down and lazy and since this is just feel more energized and happier it's definately changed my life .
Brandy V.
Strasburg, VA
I took these after I was diagnosed with lyme disease to help with depression and give me some much lacking energy. It helped a little but not enough to keep spending the money on a tight budget. I no longer take this.
Ryan K.
Lebanon, Tn
5-htp while taken with water can really improve your energy and mood levels. Just make sure to increase you water intake to help your body out. I found no weird after taste or side effects from this product
Brandie S.
Minden, LA
I didnt think this would work but I was so surprised when it did. My mood seems more stable. My anxiety is definitely lessened. I am getting better sleep now. I love this product.
Ashley W.
Cleveland, TX
Alexandria B.
Belton, MO
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
After a week or so i really felt a difference in my mood and happiness i also slept better
Michelle J.
Charleston, WV
Does this help with anything lol?
jennifer d.
I heard this help with depression?Is that true?