Nature's Gift DMSO Gel 70/30 Aloe, UnscentedDimethylsulfoxide (Nature's Gift DMSO) is a byproduct of wood processing for papermaking. Nature's Gift DMSO Roll On Aloe Vera is a somewhat oily liquid that looks like mineral oil and has a slightly garlicky odor. Because Nature's Gift DMSO Roll On Aloe Vera is an excellent solvent, it is widely used as a degreaser, paint thinner, and antifreeze. Nature's Gift DMSO has been used for over 100 years in the United States. Nature's Gift DMSO Roll On Aloe Vera is a natural substance derived from wood pulp and is harmless when used with the proper precautions. Nature's Gift DMSO Roll On Aloe Vera is sold as a solvent. Nature's Gift DMSO is an amazing substance that has many uses throughout the world. Nature's Gift DMSO may be helpful for relieving pain, inflammation, scleroderma, and interstitial cystitis however, intended use is as a solvent only and the choice of using it in other applications is the sole responsibility of the user. Dimethyl Sulfoxide is a clear liquid known for its ability to permeate living tissue. It is believed to help stimulate cellular processes. Nature's Gift DMSO Roll On Aloe Vera has a distinctive and slightly unpleasant odor, but Dr. Morton Walker, in his book, Nature's Gift DMSO: The New Healing Power, describes how it appears to help block pain, reduce inflammation, kill bacteria and funguses, reduce blood clotting, improve circulation, neutralize free radicals, stimulate the immune system, and hasten the healing of wounds. The face and neck are more sensitive to topical Nature's Gift DMSO than other parts of the body, and the maximum concentration of Nature's Gift DMSO should therefore be reduced by diluting the concentrate with sterile or distilled water. If you develop a rash or redness, you may want to reconsider using this product.