by Divergent
Ask a Question
Danielle N.
Danielle N.
Berkley, MA

If I liked the hunger games would I like this series? I'm a little hesitant to read them
Zoe M.
Zoe M.
March 19, 2014, 5:54 p.m.
If you liked the Hunger Games, you'll die in love for Divergent. WAY BETTER!
Olivia B.
Olivia B.
March 18, 2014, 1:58 p.m.
Yes, because it has the same thought process. In both cases the heroine is wanting to find a way to survive in a corrupt government. In the end I think you will love the Divergent series 10x more.
Ashleigh H.
Ashleigh H.
March 14, 2014, 10:36 p.m.
Yes! I loved the Hunger Games and I loved this book!
Brittany W.
Brittany W.
March 10, 2014, 10:05 p.m.
I actually liked this series a bit better than The Hunger Games. Both of them have a strong female main character, a bit of romance, and interesting settings in dystopian versions of the United States. If you liked THG it would be worth at least giving this series a chance.
Christy H.
Christy H.
March 10, 2014, 1:46 p.m.
Yes! I loved Hunger Games and I loved this series as well.
Mindy A.
Mindy A.
March 6, 2014, 3:17 p.m.
I hated the Hunger Games because it was so depressing. I really like the Divergent series. It is more uplifting.
Rachel Y.
Rachel Y.
March 6, 2014, 11:32 a.m.
I loved the Hunger Games and I loved the first two books in the Divergent Series (am starting the third book shortly). While they are similar in the fact that they are set in a future society and have a teenage female lead, that's really where the similarities end. Hunger Games vaguely references areas as they would pertain to current geography, where Divergent clearly states that they are in Chicago and references landmarks as they are and what they have been taught about them. I think if you like the Hungers Games, you will also like Divergent without feeling like you are reading the same story.
Cinsili R.
Cinsili R.
Feb. 27, 2014, 9:07 p.m.
Im 99.9% positive that if you liked the hunger games you will like Divergent. Its a really good book, watch the preview for the movie if you find it interesting I'm sure you'll like the book!
Tracy A.
Tracy A.
Feb. 23, 2014, 9:44 p.m.
The first book Divergent is a really good read. Then, I read the second and third books Insurgant and Alliegant and I was like "what happened here?" The second and third books are full of plot holes and are basically the characters reflecting on what happens in Divergent. I don't think they can really be compared because other than having a strong female protagonist, I felt like Hunger Games was such a unique concept, and very thought provoking. Divergent is not. Also, I root for Katniss. I don't really like Tris in Divergent (very headstrong, but no in a good way. Very whiney in Insurgant).
Farida Q.
Farida Q.
Feb. 23, 2014, 5:56 p.m.
OMG GIRL DON'T EVEN SAY THAT. How can you be hesitant to read it!?!?!? This is like the best book Ive ever read, so ok I read the Hunger Games and I used to be in love with it but then I picked up this book and I could put it down and I literally couldn't put it back down. GIRL THIS IS BETTER THEN THE HUNGER GAMES ReAd iT!!
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Feb. 21, 2014, 3:28 p.m.
I found the Hunger Games rather more juvenile reading - and these are the same - depends on your age and tastes!
Hannah H.
Hannah H.
Feb. 20, 2014, 7:31 a.m.
I actually sort-of think no. Well, I guess it depends because a lot of people would say yes. I read all three of these books, and they felt a lot less mature than the Hunger Games trilogy. I was not as happy with them. They were good enough to read once, but I would never read them again.
SARAH M.
SARAH M.
Feb. 14, 2014, 1:49 a.m.
Yes! In fact, this is the series I began after reading the fantastic hunger games trilogy. Both focus on heroine who is special r feels they don't quite fit in with the status quo. And both are wonderful "survival" adventure type books with strong character and plot developments. I really think you'll find they're worth the time to read. Enjoy!
Gwen G.
Gwen G.
Feb. 13, 2014, 3:53 p.m.
Both have very strong female leads. Both have a utopian and controlling government. [Somewhat spoiler: And they are both trilogies with a sort of twist in the third.] I liked Hunger Games because of how the story did not focus on Katniss' relationships but her relationships somehow played a key role to the story. And I think Divergent is similar on those elements.

Join Now