Divergent uploaded by Amanda J.Divergent uploaded by Taylor W.

BY NEIL BURGER #92 in Movies

Based on the worldwide bestseller, DIVERGENT is a thrilling action-adventure set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader (Kate Winslet) to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late. see more...

• For those of you who also read the book, which do you pre...2 Answers
  • I read the books and really got invested in them. Will t...4 Answers
  • when will be released the 4th?4 Answers
Divergent
  • "I feel like a movie has done a great job when it can get people to want to read the book." in 1 review
  • "Still a good movie though with a great story line. " in 1 review
  • "I really enjoyed this book and the series as a whole." in 1 review
  • "I think the film is ok but that's cause I read the books and they are really good but the film skipped loads of bits out and I found the book better." in 1 review
Amy R.
Miami florida
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The director did a great job taking that book to the movies, although it will never be as good as the book. The movie is quite good, especially the scene of Tris meeting Tobias
Amanda B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The film is okay, the film felt very long to me. The books were better. The acting was good but the movie itself was just too long
Georgia B.
SO529NZ
The film was certainly a good representation of the book and the acting was great although I did feel that the main relationship was a little rushed. I’d definitely watch again and would recommend it to anyone who likes the Hunger Games.
Brittany A.
Sachse, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love this movie and actually prefer the divergent series to the hunger games or twilight series. The acting and storylines are good and not overly cheesy are unbelievable. I like the strong female lead and was interested throughout all three movies even though I never read the books.
Maddie M.
Mount Laurel, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
After reading this series, I could not wait to watch the movies.  If you like action packed chick flicks, this movie is for you.  This movie has such a great storyline with great actors.  It's not a movie you can watch one time because it's that good!  This movie is for everyone of all ages.  I am obsessed and highly recommend it!
Shanna I.
Duluth, MN
This is one of my favorite movies! I really do wish it followed the books way more, but it is still great. The songtrack is cool, and edgy. Shailene Woodley and Theo James do an amazing job portraying Tris and Four
Daniela F.
Doral, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Esperaba algo mejor, sinceramente. Antes de ver la película me había leído todos los libros, entiendo que ninguna adaptación es parecida al libro, pero esta se separa mucho de las ideas de la escritora.
Me habría gustado ver una escena en específico, pero esta jamás sucedió.
Polly G.
Orlando, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
While the books are so much better, the movies are still good. I am disappointed that their attempt to split the final books into to movies failed and the Allegiant movie/story is only half told.
Beth P.
Devizes
I love divergent; the film is amazing and so is the book. It is action packed. It has romance, drama, family issues and a distopian theme. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa G.
One of my favorite books and this is one of my favorite movies. I love Shailene Woodley and the dystopian Chicago is brought to life beautifully. The first movie is my favorite in the series but I’m still sooooo upset that they never made the fourth and final movie in the series.
Michelle T.
Which faction do you identify with?
Ashley P.
Colo, IA
I read the books and really got invested in them. Will the movies pull me in as much as the books did?
Paulith R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
when will be released the 4th?
Beth P.
Devizes
Is the films as good as the books?
Abby B.
For those of you who also read the book, which do you prefer, the book or the movie? I honestly love both and think the director did an amazing job of keeping to the book for this movie