Divergent uploaded by Taylor W.Divergent uploaded by Amanda J.

BY NEIL BURGER #98 in Movies

Based on the worldwide bestseller, DIVERGENT is a thrilling action-adventure set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader (Kate Winslet) to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late. see more...

• For those of you who also read the book, which do you prefer, the...2 Answers
  • I read the books and really got invested in them. Will the movie...4 Answers
  • when will be released the 4th?4 Answers
Divergent
  • "I think the film is ok but that's cause I read the books and they are really good but the film skipped loads of bits out and I found the book better." in 1 review
  • "I feel like a movie has done a great job when it can get people to want to read the book." in 1 review
  • "I really enjoyed this book and the series as a whole." in 1 review
  • "Still a good movie though with a great story line. " in 1 review
Katelyn H.
Pop Culture Expert
I've read the book series and fell in love with it automatically so I just had to watch the movie. It wasn't exactly like the movie, which every book isn't, but it was close enough. I absolutely love the cast. Theo, Ansel, and Shailene are great at portraying the characters.
Katelyn A.
Atlanta, GA
Pop Culture Expert
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Divergent; the book and the movie. I saw the movie before I read the book. The books are always better than the movies. Anyway, I love how they cast the movie. With a few exceptions, they stuck pretty closely to the book, or as close to be expected. The score was adequate and played well with the emotions being portrayed. I've seen the movie a few times now and I'm still not tired of it.
Megan E.
Port Orange, FL
Pop Culture Expert
I have seen the movie but have not read the novel (although it is on my list of books to read). I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the movie. It was well acted and well cast. I have no preconceptions of who Tris was supposed to be but I feel like she fit the character.
Jessica H.
La Fayette, GA
Pop Culture Expert
For a book turned into a movie.... It's pretty okay. I've watched this movie several times mainly because I'm so in love with the books I can't help, but watch the real life version of it. There are a lot of things I wish they could have done better, but that's always how books that get turned into movies go. I enjoy watching it even though it's not my perfect fantasy of how the book was in my head.
JC H.
Danville, KY
Pop Culture Expert
I felt that the adaptation of this movie was very accurate and the changes that did happen made more sense for a movie.
Ra'Kya E.
Detroit, MI
Pop Culture Expert
The movie kept me entertained and made me go back more and more while in theaters just to keep watching it. I was disappointed for the lack of Uriah though.
Jenna D.
Pop Culture Expert
This is one of my favorite movies. It was entertaining all the way through. The chemistry between Shailene Woodley and Theo James is incredible... not to mention, he is VERY easy on the eyes! I was very happy with this film and can't wait to see the sequel.
Brittney L.
Pop Culture Expert
Even though I do usually always think the books are better than the movie, this was a good depiction. & it's always fun to 'see' things on screen, rather than in my mind!
Dolly C.
Pevely, MO
Pop Culture Expert
I'm a big movie girl. Loved the books as much as the movies! I'd watch this over and over again
Selina V.
Dublin, CA
Pop Culture Expert
I've never read the books so I can't compare the book to the movie but when I seen the movie it instantly became one of my faves!!!I was hooked to the screen!!!A must see!!!Theo James is a heart throb too so that helps lol!!!ūüėć
Michelle T.
Which faction do you identify with?
Ashley P.
Colo, IA
I read the books and really got invested in them. Will the movies pull me in as much as the books did?
PAULITH R.
Pop Culture Expert
when will be released the 4th?
Abby B.
For those of you who also read the book, which do you prefer, the book or the movie? I honestly love both and think the director did an amazing job of keeping to the book for this movie
Beth P.
Is the films as good as the books?