Divergent uploaded by Amanda J.Divergent uploaded by Taylor W.

BY NEIL BURGER #98 in Movies

Based on the worldwide bestseller, DIVERGENT is a thrilling action-adventure set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader (Kate Winslet) to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late. see more...

• For those of you who also read the book, which do you prefer, the...2 Answers
  • I read the books and really got invested in them. Will the movie...4 Answers
  • when will be released the 4th?4 Answers
Divergent
  • "I think the film is ok but that's cause I read the books and they are really good but the film skipped loads of bits out and I found the book better." in 1 review
  • "I feel like a movie has done a great job when it can get people to want to read the book." in 1 review
  • "I really enjoyed this book and the series as a whole." in 1 review
  • "Still a good movie though with a great story line. " in 1 review
Amara S.
Prt Washingtn, WI
I love this series, I haven't read the books but I just saw insurgent over the weekend and loved it. Only thing is, I'm not a fan of shailene woodley and wish they had choosen a different female lead.
Natasha B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Although the movie sorta missed out an important part of the book(hint: a character), the majority of the movie was AWESOME!! I would STRONGLY recommend reading the book first and then watch the movie.
Krista M.
Burlington, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I didn't read the books so this stands alone as a great action film for me. It has a good development of character with her being divergent and being accepted.
Rebecca D.
Gulf Breeze, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
This is my favorite movie ever. I can relate to it so much. I debated between this and the hunger games, but I chose this one because I love the whole story.
Ra'Kya E.
Detroit, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The movie kept me entertained and made me go back more and more while in theaters just to keep watching it. I was disappointed for the lack of Uriah though.
Alex L.
Meyersdale, PA
The movie is just as good as the book I really loved both and I've watched this movie about 30 times because it's so amazing it's one of my favorite movies
Ashley G.
Chesterton, IN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Very similar to the book! It stayed true to most everything and did a good job trying to explain and show everything she was feeling and going through.
Dayna H.
Lafayette, IN
Absolutely loved the movie. Tactful violence. Clean content. Good plot and great action. Differs from the book at points but that is to be expected.
Nikki S.
Nome, AK
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The movie wasn't nearly as good as the book. That's what they usually say tho. I feel if I hadn't read the books I would have liked the movie more
Brandi M.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
After reading the book I had to see the movie! I was not disappointed at all. I have watched this movie over 100 times. I just can't get over it.
Michelle T.
Which faction do you identify with?
Ashley P.
Colo, IA
I read the books and really got invested in them. Will the movies pull me in as much as the books did?
PAULITH R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
when will be released the 4th?
Beth P.
Is the films as good as the books?
Abby B.
For those of you who also read the book, which do you prefer, the book or the movie? I honestly love both and think the director did an amazing job of keeping to the book for this movie