Divergent uploaded by Taylor W.Divergent uploaded by Amanda J.

BY NEIL BURGER

Based on the worldwide bestseller, DIVERGENT is a thrilling action-adventure set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader (Kate Winslet) to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late. see more...

• For those of you who also read the book, which do you prefer, the...1 Answers
  • I read the books and really got invested in them. Will the movie...3 Answers
  • when will be released the 4th?4 Answers
Divergent
  • "I think the film is ok but that's cause I read the books and they are really good but the film skipped loads of bits out and I found the book better." in 1 review
  • "I feel like a movie has done a great job when it can get people to want to read the book." in 1 review
  • "I really enjoyed this book and the series as a whole." in 1 review
  • "Still a good movie though with a great story line. " in 1 review
Kassandra F.
Kassandra F.
Pop Culture Expert
I love these movies! There all such good actors! can't wait for the rest of this to play out
Hayley H.
Hayley H.
Locust Grove , GA
Pop Culture Expert
I love this movie! It is such an interesting concept and I have enjoyed watching it over and over. I didn't get to see this one in theatres but I did recently see Insurgent and I am excited to see the next two as well. Great story!
Milena M.
Milena M.
Out of all of the films, this one did the best job! The acting is phenomenal, and the intensity of the movie never really seems to die down. Great set, costumes, everything. It's a perfect blend of action and romance, which makes it suitable for most movie tastes!
michelle b.
michelle b.
Columbia, SC
Pop Culture Expert
I enjoyed Divergent. I read the book first. There are several series in recent years that follow this type of idea though they all differ somewhat. The movie I thought followed the book well. However, as others have said and is often the case, you do not get nearly as many details in the movie as you do the book. I was happy with the actors selected and thought they portrayed the characters very well.
Taighlor A.
Taighlor A.
Pop Culture Expert
I loved this movie shailene woodly. Plays the part perfectly I thought it would go perfectly with the hunger games for a sleepover or movie night
Madi T.
Madi T.
The book is always better than the movie. Highly recommend reading it first and then the movie. This is one of my fav book series.
ashley a.
ashley a.
Tolland, CT
Pretty good storytelling. I haven't read the books, but the movies are great in terms of going against the grain and fighting to be yourself in a world trying to make you into someone else. I think you might need to read the book to understand some concepts because the storytelling in the movie is missing some parts.
Daniyela T.
Daniyela T.
Miramar, FL
Out of all the films I do believe this is the best one, only because I have read the books and I feel that this one is the closest to it.
Mariana P.
Mariana P.
Best saga so far. It's really good. The story, the protagonist, all the books are amazing. The only thing that I don't like about this saga is the last book. I mean, THE END IS SO SAD!!! I cried when I read it. It was so bad for me... but it's alright because that's reality, but... well, It's confusing. I'm still in love with these books.
Mandie M.
Mandie M.
Saint David, ME
The movie does not even compare to the series. I was extremely disappointed while watching this. Throughout the book, I couldn't put it down for a second. The movie did not give me that type of passion, not even in the slightest. I DO however recommend people to read the book.
Michelle T.
Michelle T.
Which faction do you identify with?
PAULITH R.
PAULITH R.
Pop Culture Expert
when will be released the 4th?
Ashley P.
Ashley P.
Colo, IA
I read the books and really got invested in them. Will the movies pull me in as much as the books did?
Abby B.
Abby B.
For those of you who also read the book, which do you prefer, the book or the movie? I honestly love both and think the director did an amazing job of keeping to the book for this movie