Divergent

by Neil Burger

Based on the worldwide bestseller, DIVERGENT is a thrilling action-adventure set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader (Kate Winslet) to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late.

My family and Iove watching movies. Our cabinets are full of different ones. We are currently watching the Hunger Games and Divergent series. We also pop popcorn and eat way too many sour patch kids Sour Patch Kids Candy Orville Redenbacher's Butter Microwave Popcorn The Hunger Games How do you spend family nights?
Is the films as good as the books?
For those of you who also read the book, which do you prefer, the book or the movie? I honestly love both and think the director did an amazing job of keeping to the book for this movie
Start your review of Divergent!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I really enjoyed this book and the series as a whole.” in reviews
“I think the film is ok but that's cause I read the books and they are really good but the film skipped loads of bits out and I found the book better.” in reviews
“I feel like a movie has done a great job when it can get people to want to read the book.” in reviews
“Still a good movie though with a great story line. ” in reviews
Columbia, SC
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I enjoyed Divergent. I read the book first. There are several series in recent years that follow this type of idea though they all differ somewhat. The movie I thought followed the book well. However, as others have said and is often the case, you do not get nearly as many details in the movie as you do the book. I was happy with the actors selected and thought they portrayed the characters very well.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This movie was an absolutely awful interpretation of the book!! I bet much like movies that stick to the book as best they can. This movie didn't even try! I barely was able to remain in the theater for the whole thing. Greatly disappointed and I will probably not even bother going to see the second one at all! I highly suggest the book to anyone, but stay away from the movie!
Out of all of the films, this one did the best job! The acting is phenomenal, and the intensity of the movie never really seems to die down. Great set, costumes, everything. It's a perfect blend of action and romance, which makes it suitable for most movie tastes!
Boca Raton, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Although I did not read any of the books I very much enjoyed the movies but I do have to catch up on the last one. I like the action scenes but I feel like the love story developed too fast in the first movie with not enough details. I would watch it again though.
Union, NJ
It's a post apocalyptic story about a teenager who is deciding which role/job she will take based on her test or abilities. It has a good story which draws teenager and young adults because the story has theme of finding self identity. The acting was good too.
MOUNT LAUREL, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
After reading this series, I could not wait to watch the movies.  If you like action packed chick flicks, this movie is for you.  This movie has such a great storyline with great actors.  It's not a movie you can watch one time because it's that good!  This movie is for everyone of all ages.  I am obsessed and highly recommend it!
I liked the books better, and this takes awhile to pickup but overall a good movie. If you follow the series, this stays in line with the story very closely. I didn't like that it took so long to get to the action but they had to "set it up" so to speak.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
They did a great job with this movie! They kept most of the major details from the book in the story line which was great. Some of the characters don't exactly match what you picture when reading the book but I don't mind since they are great actors.
Las Vegas , NV
If I watch the movies first then I read the book, I end up hating the movie and love the book way more. Book are so much better, so much detail you feel like you're there. I loved all of these books, I wish the movies were just as good though
Rexburg, ID
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
no doubt this is one of my favorite movies because the plot is very interesting as well as the characters are very good. He leaves a message I love this movie I see it every day if possible . I leave me a good experience.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
3 months ago
Paula B. • 3 months ago
So cute and funny beautiful because we doin the same thing with sour patches...lol family nights are not how we use to do ...I'm a grandmother of three two boys 4yrs and 2yrs of age granddaughter 2yrs...I have them nightly...there parents work graveyard...anyway watching cartoon , Mickey mouse club house...lol loving family time...