Divergent

by Neil Burger

Based on the worldwide bestseller, DIVERGENT is a thrilling action-adventure set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader (Kate Winslet) to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late.

My family and Iove watching movies. Our cabinets are full of different ones. We are currently watching the Hunger Games and Divergent series. We also pop popcorn and eat way too many sour patch kids Sour Patch Kids Candy Orville Redenbacher's Butter Microwave Popcorn The Hunger Games How do you spend family nights?
Is the films as good as the books?
For those of you who also read the book, which do you prefer, the book or the movie? I honestly love both and think the director did an amazing job of keeping to the book for this movie
Start your review of Divergent!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I really enjoyed this book and the series as a whole.” in reviews
“I think the film is ok but that's cause I read the books and they are really good but the film skipped loads of bits out and I found the book better.” in reviews
“I feel like a movie has done a great job when it can get people to want to read the book.” in reviews
“Still a good movie though with a great story line. ” in reviews
manchester, TN
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I like the all the actors, they did well. There were a few things I disliked about the film, but that's because I love the books so much. I still give it 5 because they did do their best.
La Quinta, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
The movie was okay but if you read the books first like I did, you would realize that the movie left out a lot of important details. Still a good movie though with a great story line.
East Hartford, CT
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
If you think the movies good, the book is better!! This is a must read, similar to the hunger games but totally different at the same time. An easy read that will keep you addicted until the end! Definitely pick up this book if you haven't yet
Columbus, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
If you've read the books, you won't be disappointed. The movie is a great reflection of the book. I recommend seeing it, even if you don't know the story line from the book!
Inverness, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I haven't read the book but, after watching this movie I went out and bought it with my birthday money. The movie was awesome and I can bet the books will be 10x better.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Even though I do usually always think the books are better than the movie, this was a good depiction. & it's always fun to 'see' things on screen, rather than in my mind!
Frederick , MD
I love this movie so much. Shaileen Woodly and Theo James are magic together and I love that Ansel Elgort is in this movie too. Can't wait for Insurgent to come out.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Although the movie sorta missed out an important part of the book(hint: a character), the majority of the movie was AWESOME!! I would STRONGLY recommend reading the book first and then watch the movie.
Prt Washingtn, WI
I love this series, I haven't read the books but I just saw insurgent over the weekend and loved it. Only thing is, I'm not a fan of shailene woodley and wish they had choosen a different female lead.
Burlington, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I didn't read the books so this stands alone as a great action film for me. It has a good development of character with her being divergent and being accepted.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
3 months ago
Paula B. • 3 months ago
So cute and funny beautiful because we doin the same thing with sour patches...lol family nights are not how we use to do ...I'm a grandmother of three two boys 4yrs and 2yrs of age granddaughter 2yrs...I have them nightly...there parents work graveyard...anyway watching cartoon , Mickey mouse club house...lol loving family time...