Divergent uploaded by Taylor W.Divergent uploaded by Amanda J.

BY NEIL BURGER #98 in Movies

Based on the worldwide bestseller, DIVERGENT is a thrilling action-adventure set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader (Kate Winslet) to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late. see more...

• For those of you who also read the book, which do you prefer, the...2 Answers
  • I read the books and really got invested in them. Will the movie...4 Answers
  • when will be released the 4th?4 Answers
Divergent
  • "I think the film is ok but that's cause I read the books and they are really good but the film skipped loads of bits out and I found the book better." in 1 review
  • "I feel like a movie has done a great job when it can get people to want to read the book." in 1 review
  • "I really enjoyed this book and the series as a whole." in 1 review
  • "Still a good movie though with a great story line. " in 1 review
Lisa G.
One of my favorite books and this is one of my favorite movies. I love Shailene Woodley and the dystopian Chicago is brought to life beautifully. The first movie is my favorite in the series but I’m still sooooo upset that they never made the fourth and final movie in the series.
Lourdes J.
Medley, FL
Creo que al principio estaba un poco indecisa con respecto a esta película, no he leído el libro así que cuando comenzó a salir en cines esta película yo no sabía mucho sobre ella, creía que iba a ser una versión muy mala de los juegos del hambre pero después de verla me di cuenta que no es tan mala la historia, estoy encantada con los personajes principales especialmente con 4 jajaja estoy esperando que salga la otra parte de la película... para mi gusto este no es mi tipo de película PERO esta es la excepción de esa regla.
Mariana P.
Best saga so far. It's really good. The story, the protagonist, all the books are amazing. The only thing that I don't like about this saga is the last book. I mean, THE END IS SO SAD!!! I cried when I read it. It was so bad for me... but it's alright because that's reality, but... well, It's confusing. I'm still in love with these books.
Amanda J.
Rochester, MN
Pop Culture Expert
Love this movie! I haven't read the books but I've seen all of the movies and this one is by far my favorite. This movie is action packed and is really intense! The acting and special effects are amazing. I saw this movie in theaters and bought it as soon as it came out. I watch this movie fairly often be would definitely recommend it!
ashley a.
Tolland, CT
Pretty good storytelling. I haven't read the books, but the movies are great in terms of going against the grain and fighting to be yourself in a world trying to make you into someone else. I think you might need to read the book to understand some concepts because the storytelling in the movie is missing some parts.
Mandie M.
Saint David, ME
The movie does not even compare to the series. I was extremely disappointed while watching this. Throughout the book, I couldn't put it down for a second. The movie did not give me that type of passion, not even in the slightest. I DO however recommend people to read the book.
Anja W.
This is great. This is perfect for fans of science fiction or dystopian/eutopian plot lines. It is similar to all other movies with this type of premise, but it is difficult to make these types of movies all different from each other. Many similarities, but overall, I would recommend!
Danika G.
Baltimore, MD
Pop Culture Expert
YES, I am one of those people who watch the movies/shows and NEVER crack open the book. So speaking on just a viewers standpoint... THESE MOVIES ARE AMAZING.I cannot wait for the next one, I've considered reading the books as well since the movies are so good.
Natalie A.
Pop Culture Expert
I'm one of the people that read the entire series before there was even talk of a movie coming out, so when the movie came out I was beyond excited! And when I saw who was cast as Four, I couldn't have been happier. In the books, I could never picture him as being too attractive, but the movie completely changed that for me. I always say that the books are better than the movies just because you get all the little details and side stories that movies usually skip or leave out, but this movie was veryyyy close to being as good as the book. The acting was great, they followed the plot of the book, and they kept a lot of important details in the film instead of leaving them out. The graphics were great, and everything that I pictured while reading the book really came to life in this movie; it was a perfect representation of the descriptions in the book. Great film, but I do suggest reading the book first if you really want to understand everything! My boyfriend was a little confused throughout the movie so I had to fill him in or explain concepts, but he got into it too!
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert
This movie really captured the book so well. Books in films tend to be hit or miss but this was definitely a hit for sure. It's full of action and romance and suspense. It will keep you on he edge of your seat and is definitely worth the watch. A frat Friday night movie.
Michelle T.
Which faction do you identify with?
Ashley P.
Colo, IA
I read the books and really got invested in them. Will the movies pull me in as much as the books did?
PAULITH R.
Pop Culture Expert
when will be released the 4th?
Abby B.
For those of you who also read the book, which do you prefer, the book or the movie? I honestly love both and think the director did an amazing job of keeping to the book for this movie
Beth P.
Is the films as good as the books?