Divergent uploaded by Taylor W.Divergent uploaded by Amanda J.

BY NEIL BURGER

Based on the worldwide bestseller, DIVERGENT is a thrilling action-adventure set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader (Kate Winslet) to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late. see more...

• For those of you who also read the book, which do you prefer, the...2 Answers
  • I read the books and really got invested in them. Will the movie...4 Answers
  • when will be released the 4th?4 Answers
Divergent
  • "I think the film is ok but that's cause I read the books and they are really good but the film skipped loads of bits out and I found the book better." in 1 review
  • "I feel like a movie has done a great job when it can get people to want to read the book." in 1 review
  • "I really enjoyed this book and the series as a whole." in 1 review
  • "Still a good movie though with a great story line. " in 1 review
Natalie A.
Pop Culture Expert
I'm one of the people that read the entire series before there was even talk of a movie coming out, so when the movie came out I was beyond excited! And when I saw who was cast as Four, I couldn't have been happier. In the books, I could never picture him as being too attractive, but the movie completely changed that for me. I always say that the books are better than the movies just because you get all the little details and side stories that movies usually skip or leave out, but this movie was veryyyy close to being as good as the book. The acting was great, they followed the plot of the book, and they kept a lot of important details in the film instead of leaving them out. The graphics were great, and everything that I pictured while reading the book really came to life in this movie; it was a perfect representation of the descriptions in the book. Great film, but I do suggest reading the book first if you really want to understand everything! My boyfriend was a little confused throughout the movie so I had to fill him in or explain concepts, but he got into it too!
Eleanor M.
I feel that this book, although it differs from the movie, deserves 5 out of 5 stars. It enhances the books main themes, while still standing on its own. I have read the entire series, as well seen the movies, and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone that loves beautify created characters and adventure. The movie's takes on a Utopian theme but still relates to the world we live in today. It highlights society's confinements as well as themes such as bravery, danger, and loyalty. Although the casting descriptions do not stay true to the book it is a great cast with great connections and feeling between the characters. Overall I would recommend both the book and the movie to anyone; it had a great plot line that makes me continue to watch (and read!) the rest of the series.
Jessica P.
Mentor, OH
One of my very favorite YA series, the Divergent series keeps the reader (or movie goer) hanging on for dear life with all it's turns. Tris is a fascinating main character and I absolutely love seeing strong female lead characters.

The premise of the book is very creative and the characters have many layers, making them more realistic than one might expect for characters limited to one main way of life. I enjoyed the serious even though I did suffer one major upset about a character development. The series also includes a new book, coming out in Jan 2017, that follows Four some years after the end of the 3rd book.
jazmin s.
Moreno Valley , CA
I read the book and when I heard they were making a movie I was very excited I even bought a ticket for the early screening and when I watched it I HATED IT. Like I get it that a film is only an adaptation of a book your supposed to change things but I felt like they changed everything at this point I don't even think that what originally happens in allegiance is going to happen probably why the movie was such a flop
Miranda D.
El Reno, OK
Pop Culture Expert
The first movie is a little slow as it has to set up this new society for us, but once it gets going it's fast-paced and keeps you on the edge of your seat. I think they did a decent job following the original source material, but the books are definitely better (as is most often the case). It's still a great film, however, and I love seeing Tris and Four's relationship form in this movie.
Jaylin C.
Brandywine, MD
The whole beginning to end of this book was just amazing there wasn't a moment where I felt like okay it's getting boring the only book were I kind of felt let down was allegiant I just felt like omg if tris is dead then what's going to happen to Tobias because they were supposed to get married have kids an live long fulfilling lives
Shawnee H.
N Myrtle Bch, SC
Pop Culture Expert
The book was incredible - I've already read it a few times. The movie wasn't bad. Of course the movie is never as good as the book. I thought a few important pieces of information were left out of the movie and I didn't like the way some things were changed, but overall it was still a great movie. Recommend, but read the book first.
Ashley W.
Pop Culture Expert
I loved this movie. In fact it was the first time in years that I could actually say that. The action had me on the edge of my seat and I loved the moral of the story. Not to mention, there is something about a dystopia movie that is near and dear to my heart. It reminds me of the Island, and The Giver.
Mimi D.
Boca Raton, FL
Pop Culture Expert
Although I did not read any of the books I very much enjoyed the movies but I do have to catch up on the last one. I like the action scenes but I feel like the love story developed too fast in the first movie with not enough details. I would watch it again though.
Hannah Nelvy S.
Union, NJ
It's a post apocalyptic story about a teenager who is deciding which role/job she will take based on her test or abilities. It has a good story which draws teenager and young adults because the story has theme of finding self identity. The acting was good too.
Michelle T.
Which faction do you identify with?
Ashley P.
Colo, IA
I read the books and really got invested in them. Will the movies pull me in as much as the books did?
PAULITH R.
Pop Culture Expert
when will be released the 4th?
Abby B.
For those of you who also read the book, which do you prefer, the book or the movie? I honestly love both and think the director did an amazing job of keeping to the book for this movie
Beth P.
Is the films as good as the books?