BY DIVERGENT #9 in Books

• I have a question about the third book, Allegiant. ** PO...7 Answers
  • I have never read the books just watched the movies... Do...5 Answers
  • Have you read this?3 Answers
Divergent
  • "I do not think that it is fair to compare it to the hunger games because the underlying story may be similar but the overall is very different." in 414 reviews
  • "I really enjoyed the depictions of the same struggles most of us feel as adolescents told within the context of this artificially constructed and maintained society." in 60 reviews
  • "Great addition to the library of young adult enthusiasts, especially for fans of dystopian action such as the Hunger Games." in 52 reviews
  • "I usually read a book before I watch a movie but I got so tired of predicting the story line of the movies (because let's face it, most movies these days are based on books) that I actually watched this movie before I read the book." in 51 reviews
  • "I love a book that makes me question whether the author is going to kill your main character off before you are even half way through." in 50 reviews
Michelle V.
New York
I read the Divergent series after falling in love with the Hunger Games series and looking for something similar to read. The Divergent series has a similar type of story line where the characters are divided up into different categories based on their personalities and skills. The main character is one of the few who falls into multiple categories and becomes an outcast to society. The series has a good amount of drama, romance, and action, but I only gave 4 stars because the story line was not as captivating and well developed as The Hunger Games series.
Jay 💖.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book series is interesting! I read it a few times,and I still love it,though I'm not so sure that it's as good as I first thought. I still like it though,it's very cool and has some great and relatable characters and moments. I give it a 6.8/10 and would recommend for teens to young adults to give it a read.
Kimberly S.
Proctorville, OH
Ohhh I love this book and the entire series! If you enjoy dystopian stories like The Hunger Games or The Giver, you'll flip over this series. You feel like the characters are your friends, and you're going on this crazy journey with them. The story is very unique & each book in this series leaves you dying to get into the next one.
Lisa G.
Not like the movies (which they never actually finished and left the third book half finished 😤)
This series is some of my favorite books! I highly recommend. The language is a bit simple if you’re older or used to more sophisticated literature but for me it doesn’t take away from the plot.
And now Veronica Roth wrote a bonus epilogue that’s published in the paperback edition of Carve The Mark.
Gina L.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Was recommended by a friend who knew I like the Hunger Games series. I was rather underwhelmed but it is a good thoughtless read. This is part of a trilogy. Would recommend to people who enjoyed the Hunger Games.
Jade B.
Durham
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Behind The Hunger Games trilogy, this is my favorite iteration of the YA dystopian novel. It has its own drawbacks, and I don't think the twist in later books is as cohesive as it could be, but I enjoyed the uniqueness of the concept and the characters a great deal.
Julia N.
Los Angeles , CA
This book seriously got in my feels, I mean Tobias or four and tris had a really romantic relationship (of course) that just affected you emotionally. The whole book was full of surprises. Totally recommend.
Stephanie C.
Lorain, OH
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I loved this series when it came out. This was a really great starting point however the middle book in the series was lacking and the ending in the final book was devastating and disappointing.
Junior H.
Tampa
I have read the entire series and always want more.  Just one more book.  I loved this series and would stay in on the weekend to read because I could not put them down.
Fair warning this series will interrupt your sleep pattern because you will not want to close the book until you are finished and find yourself reaching for the next book.
Melissa B.
Lake in the Hills
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Another series where the first book was amazing and had so much potential. I loved the plot, the characters and the writing style. I just wish the following books were as good as the first one
Selena H.
Flag Pond , TN
Would you read the book first before seeing the movie?
Monique A.
Brawley, CA
Are these books worth reading or just wait for the movies?
Jennifer Renata M.
Boca Raton, FL
Which one is better the book or the movie?
Gracie G.
How many books in this series ? Are they better than the movie? Should I read the books even if I saw the movie?
Stephanie T.
Philadelphia, PA
Divergent or hunger games? Which is better to read?