by Diva Cup
Ask a Question
Ashley K.
Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA

I am looking for honest answers from Diva Cup users. Does it freak you out to empty the cup? I want to try it but the idea of it makes me a little uncomfortable.
Jeana A.
Jeana A.
May 19, 2013, 9:56 p.m.
It's weird to say, but I was really anxious to empty mine for the first time. I'd had it in for about 6 hours and I just knew it would be full and it would be disgusting. When I did finally take it out, there was only about a half-inch of fluid in there, and it was bright red. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, even after leaving it in for 12 hours it wasn't very full. Let's face it: we're adults, and we know it's blood coming out of there. Just (wo)man up and get the job done, and wash your hands when you're done, then it's like nothing ever happened, and you're good to go for the next 12 hours. :)
Lesley L.
Lesley L.
Jan. 18, 2013, 3:11 p.m.
The first time I emptied it, I freaked out and nearly fainted. With pads or tampons, when you see the blood it's usually really dark. Because it's not in the process of drying when you empty it (I think that's why), it's a really bright red more like a cut and I wasn't expected that. Now I'm really used to it and I find it a lot less messier than tampons were. I have literally used this everywhere (planes, greyhound, camping) and I find it a lot easier that tampons because you can plan it better. With tampons, you can plan to change it at a certain time but you might go through one a lot faster and need to go right away. There is none of that pressure with the diva cup. It does take a couple of months to get the hang of it but I would google it and check out some tips. Hope this helps!

Join Now