Do you have to keep the area wet for 10 minutes to disinfect properly like other wipes?
Shepherdsvlle, KY - il y a 2 mois

5 answers

Here is the deal with the time length and disinfecting: disinfectants range in time you should leave it wet, between 30 seconds to 10 minutes. Now the reason for that is because when they make some claim about disinfecting 99% of whatever - they are tested. There is strict testing criteria disinfectants have to meet that is governed by the EPA. When they test a cleaning product, they load the surface with a crap ton of micro-organisms - WAY more than what we generally have in our homes. Then they put the disinfectant on- leave it for the amount of time claimed by the product- and then measure. To put it in perspective they test with like 100,000 organisms per centimeter and our homes have closer to 100/cm. Don’t freak out now- you have microbes on your skin too- they’re everywhere. That being said, with wipes, generally the surface isn’t dry until the time it claims to disinfect by is up. When you wipe- you should let the surface dry on its own - and that’s when it’s disinfected. I would also look up the specific microbes you’re concerned about and see how to most effectively get rid of them. Be aware that certain microbes are best killed with bleach and others are airborne/droplets so if you’re concerned about a recent guest - you might have already had enough exposure interacting with them.
I didn’t do it for 10 minutes only a few
il y a 2 mois
I never realized either until I began selling Norwex and another distributor showed me. I have never read the directions for wipes before! Lol To actually disinfect with these Kroger brand wipes, you must keep wet for 4 minutes. Some brands it’s even longer! Who knew? 😮
il y a 2 mois
I also have never heard of keeping the surface wet in order for it to disinfect properly. But I hate the smell of these wipes 😬
il y a 2 mois
I have no idea. I didn't even know you had to keep the area wet with the others. I just wiped and wet to my next task