Discover it Chrome for Students Credit Card uploaded by JUDY K.Discover it Chrome for Students Credit Card uploaded by kenya l.

BY DISCOVER #3 in Credit Cards

• Discover matches all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year - automatically. Only for new cardmembers.
  • 2% cash back at restaurants and gas stations on up to $1,000 in combined purchases every quarter—no sign-ups needed. 1% cash back on all your other purchases.
  • Good Grades Rewards: $20 cash back each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to the next 5 years.
  • No annual fee. No late fee on first late payment. No APR change for paying late.
  • Get 100% U.S. based customer service & FICO® Credit Scores for free on statements & online.
  • Freeze It® on/off switch for your account that prevents new purchases, cash advances & balance transfers in seconds.
  • 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months, then the standard variable purchase APR of 13.24% - 22.24%.

• I been trying to get a credit card. I will be a returning college...5 Answers
  • I am a student and I have never used a credit card before and am ...3 Answers
  • Is this credit card pre paid?? 2 Answers
Evie K.
Staten Island
Initially, a great card. 0% APR for a year, and they voluntarily raise your credit limit without request.

I recently requested a credit line increase (after they had already granted me the standard one), and I really appreciated that they don't perform a hard credit inquiry to do so, as that can negatively impact your credit score.

Once the intro APR expired, my interest rate was pretty high. Likely, because I carried a balance. While I initially paid around $10/mo in interest, I was paying closer to $40 near the end.

AND the minimum payment had increased from $35 to $58, for some reason. I'm sure it's outlined somewhere in the terms, but I really didn't appreciate that change, either.

Additionally, Discover cards are still not accepted in a good number of establishments, which made it hard for this to be my first credit card (which is was).
Codi H.
Canton, GA
I LOVE my discover card! They have such incredible customer service, no fees to join, my credit score has increased and my interest rate isn’t terrible. I will say I had a lower interest rate offer with some other cards - but I pay mine off every Friday. So I was looking for benefits rather than interest rates. Discover has great cash back rewards! I just love my purple card, and the online portal is so user friendly. I vote discover!!
Kaleigh P.
Gainesboro, TN
I feel like this is a great starter card to have. It’s a good way to start building credit when you don’t have any and they really give you a good chance. They were really good to me about cash back but I wish it wasn’t for like a specific thing like a restaurant or food I wish I could earn a lot of points just on every day purchases.
Alyssa K.
Bunker hill, WV
Discover is the first credit card I have had. I earn cash back on certain items/services which can be applied to my monthly statement or back as cash. I still use this card to this day, but I will probably switch to a different card from discover just because the student card has a cap limit on how much you can spend.
Morgan S.
The Discover it Chrome for Students Credit Card has been a great first credit card. I would recommend it to any young person who is unsure of whether they want to get a credit card. They make it very easy and set low limits to keep your spending in check. As a bonus, they give you cash back for good grades.
Taline A.
Jersey City, NJ
This is a great card if you're a student. First of all, the app makes it very easy for you to track your balances and spending; a HUGE plus for me is that their customer service is 24hours, and whenever I've called, I've never been placed on hold for more than 3 minutes. Not only that, but they're kind and take immediate initiative if they see something suspicious on your account. Another thing is that with certain websites (i.e. Sephora, Groupon, a million different restaurants and other stores) You can get cash-back when you use your discover card. And by the way, the refer a friend for $50 is legit!
Yana B.
Mt Prospect, IL
Discover Bank is cool. They have a great app that is very easy to use. You can see what your Fico score is monthly. You can receive cash back and they have many programs that it applies to. Also you can use the cash back to apply towards your due amount at no minimum.
Kodi M.
Mountain Home
Discover is definitely the best credit card company that I have dealt with. I have several others, and this one is by far the easiest to use. The customer service has always been quick and great for me. I love all of the reward options that they offer, as well.
Rebecca C.
Alliance, OH
I recently applied for and received this card. I like that I can get alerts for all purchases both by text and via the app. I do my best not to accrue any interest on my cards since I have always paid in full, but I do plan on putting a car repair on it in the near future, so I'll probably have more insight then. So far, I haven't received any cashback on my purchases, and that whole side of it seems pretty confusing to me. I'll just have to fiddle with my account and learn more about it.
Bria W.
Baton Rouge, LA
I am a college student and sometimes there can be emergencies or just moments when you need a credit card and the Discover It Student Chrome card is a great choice. Discover gives student $20 CashBack for up to 5 years with a GPA higher than 3.0. They also match your CashBack after one year of being a card member! CashBack can be used on paying off your bill or you could get the CashBack on a gift card or save it to buy gift cards like $40 CashBack can be used as $80 on a Carnival Cruise.
Christine H.
Noblesville, IN
I been trying to get a credit card. I will be a returning college student soon. And need to repair and build my credit. Would this be a better fit if I never had a credit card before?
Jess M.
I am a student and I have never used a credit card before and am looking for my first one. All I really want it for is to build credit, I wouldn't really use it too heavily. Is this a good card for someone just looking to build credit?
JULIANNA C.
Is this credit card pre paid??