Discover it Chrome for Students Credit Card
- Discover matches all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year - automatically. Only for new cardmembers.
- 2% cash back at restaurants and gas stations on up to $1,000 in combined purchases every quarter—no sign-ups needed. 1% cash back on all your other purchases.
- Good Grades Rewards: $20 cash back each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to the next 5 years.
- No annual fee. No late fee on first late payment. No APR change for paying late.
- Get 100% U.S. based customer service & FICO® Credit Scores for free on statements & online.
- Freeze It® on/off switch for your account that prevents new purchases, cash advances & balance transfers in seconds.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months, then the standard variable purchase APR of 13.24% - 22.24%.
Top Questions See all 3 Q&A
I recently requested a credit line increase (after they had already granted me the standard one), and I really appreciated that they don't perform a hard credit inquiry to do so, as that can negatively impact your credit score.
Once the intro APR expired, my interest rate was pretty high. Likely, because I carried a balance. While I initially paid around $10/mo in interest, I was paying closer to $40 near the end.
AND the minimum payment had increased from $35 to $58, for some reason. I'm sure it's outlined somewhere in the terms, but I really didn't appreciate that change, either.
Additionally, Discover cards are still not accepted in a good number of establishments, which made it hard for this to be my first credit card (which is was).
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos