BY DISCOVER #4 in Credit Cards

• Redeem your cash back for any amount, any time. Cash rewards never expire.
  • 100% U.S. based customer service.
  • FICO® Credit Scores for free on statements and online.
  • No annual fee.

Amanda B.
Parkersburg, WV
I’ve had this card for nearly a year. The cash back feature is great and I will (supposedly) be getting my cash back matched for this first year. That was a promo when I opened the credit card account. It’s been easy to use at any location so far. The con to this card is that you don’t get cash back on just anything. It’s a specific thing/place each month or so. You also have to actually go into your account every couple months to activate the cash back offer. If you don’t activate the offer, you won’t earn cash back on purchases. There have been times that I’ve forgotten to go in an activate the cash back offer, so I’ve missed out on some cash back opportunities. The Capital One cards that offer cash back earn cash back on anything and it’s already activated upon receiving the card.
Bethany G.
New Milford, CT
I've had this card for about 4 months now. I'm a young recent college grad and needed it so that I could get a rental car. The application itself was fast and easy, within a day I received a call from a representative who spoke with me and explained the remaining process and I had my card within the next week!

I've already received a decent amount of cash back for the amount I've used it, the app is simple and easy to make payments through, and you should always opt in to the the 5% cash back deals when they change every 3 months. I think this is a great card for a beginner in building credit.
Heather N.
Pittsburgh
This is my favorite credit card. The customer service is AMAZING at discover. Recently I had fraud on my account (I used my card online to book a hotel room at a reputable company). They detected it and immediately I received a text, and email and a phone call. I called the number provided to me and they fixed he problem right away and gave me the money back (just a few dollars), closed my account and rushed me a new card. The customer service person was calling me from Ohio and was super personable and funny! I was super impressed to say the least!
Jenny K.
Stony Brook, NY
Discover is great and this is a good intro card for people trying to build credit. I have one of those to diversify cash back rewards programs. If you’re looking for a simple, good reward card with adequate sign up bonus, this is the card. If you spend a lot on travel, or just a lot in general and are interested in more perks/sign up bonus, and you have the credit, there are much better options out there.
Dani R.
Oconomowoc
I started using the Discover It card about 5 years ago and I wish I could have about 5 of these cards. I’ve had the best experience with Discover, they are so good with offering great cash back opportunities and their customer service is always helpful and fast. They offer so many other services as well, this is by far my favorite credit card and would recommend to everyone.
yamelky p.
Fort Mill, SC
One of the best credit cards in terms of cash back. They have literally the best deals to buy online in discover deals. I always check the discover deals before buying anything online and some of the stores coupons are really good to. I love that they always have new offers. And their pay program is one of the best, no interest if you pay the minimum payment.
Mattie G.
Russellville , AR
I LOVE MY DISCOVER CARD! The cash back bonus is so great for me because I don’t use cash or my debit for ANY purchases. They also offer a very user friendly app. Tack on the great customer service, being able to freeze your card from the app, and instant credit score updates/notifications when you might be at risk, makes this my number 1 credit card.
Ashleigh C.
I’ve had my Discover It card for almost two years now! Pro: cash back on every purchase. Con: the 5% deals switch every few months and half of the time, it’s for places/websites I do not personally use so I miss out on 5% cash back a lot. It’s a great first credit card though, and I have redeemed my cash back for several different gift cards!
Cassi T.
Discover has fantastic customer service. As the commercials state, you really do talk to a real person. This is key, as the majority of automated systems only lengthen the amount of time on the phone, as well as make it far more complicated. Also, the cash back rewards with discover are so amazing and can be redeemed in so many ways!
Nilomee P.
Great card without any annual fees. Decent straight up cash back rate. Great feature is that they match the first years cash dollar per dollar. If you redeem for gift cards with merchants you get additional rewards from 5-25% bonus redemption. One bad thing is not everyone takes discover and it’s not accepted in other countries.
Emerald E.
Should I get one of these?